What do YOU wear on Pirate Night?

This will be our 4th cruise (next week eek!), and we're going all out this time! Honestly, I feel like it's partly because there are so many more adult costumes out there now! I easily found DH a full costume at Party City and one for myself at Halloween City. The kids were easy. Plenty to choose from!

MKGR2006- You will be totally comfortable in just your bandana and eye patch if you so choose! There will be plenty others doing that as well, as we have also done on previous cruises. But if you decide to be a bit more adventurous, you'll fit in all the same! It's truly a fun night, no matter if you dress up a little or a lot! pirate:

Okay be honest. This is DH's and my first cruise. Will we feel really uncomfortable if we do NOT dress up for Pirate night? Is there a bare minimum level of acceptable dressing up? I just don't want to feel left out while still not having to do too much costume planning before hand. :worried:

We did not dress up for Pirate Night at all other than the half bandanas DCL provided, and we did not feel "left out".

Of course we've always been an independent family and don't get swayed by others around us. We're there to have fun together and not worry about what everyone else is doing.

So it probably really depends on your personality type. If you're the type of people who can have fun regardless, I totally wouldn't stress it. But if you're the type of people who get self-conscious if you are the slightest bit different, you might want to dress up. In terms of how much - some people just do t-shirts and some do theatre-quality costumes while the majority of those who do dress up will be somewhere in between.

You will get a bandana in your cabin, for each guest. I grabbed eye patches from Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.:)

Honestly I do enjoy dressing up in full pirate attire for pirate night but it really depends on the location and length of cruise I am on. I like to travel very light if possible and if I have an extended land/sea trip planned for more than two weeks then I don't bring along my pirate costume which actually fills up one suitcase on it's own, however if my cruise is local or seven days or less than I will bring along my costume. On my last cruise on the Dream I had two pirate costumes... one for the 5K and the full pirate costume for the evening.

hehe, we go al the way :cool1:

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_8330%20bis.jpg

med2011ok20110726_5368.JPG

I just change my and my sons costume each time.. sorry about the pics, couldn't get them smaller than this..
great costumes!

We dressed up as Tink, Mr. Smee, and Captain Hook on one of our cruises. But normally I'm just in a black tshirt and jeans with bandanas, eyepatch, etc. (basically whatever accessories I can scrounge up)
I did have a tablemate who walked around with an empty bottle of rum, an eyepatch, and the free bandana. Minimal effort, yet everyone got it. :rotfl2:

Okay be honest. This is DH's and my first cruise. Will we feel really uncomfortable if we do NOT dress up for Pirate night? Is there a bare minimum level of acceptable dressing up? I just don't want to feel left out while still not having to do too much costume planning before hand. :worried:

So many people don't dress up, or just wear their bandana, that you'll not feel strange at all. Heck, I see a lot of pirate T-shirts, and I've seen Pittsburgh Pirates baseball caps and jersey shirts before.

Last time we all dressed up. This year, our kids will dress up, but we will just wear our normal dinner outfits.

We had fun dressing up when it first started but we now find it old so we are now dressing in a pirate themed tshirt. Love that we pack less now.

I keep it simple and pack efficiently. Bough a black DCL Pirates in the Caribbean t-shirt on my first cruise and have worn it on all 12. Also one of the pirate mickey or goofy hats that they sell, otherwise I’m good

We enjoy the pirate party and seeing the outfits worn by others, but don’t do pirate outfits. We schedule our Palo dinner for Pirate Night, so we usually dress more formally. I have to get an additional use out of packing the tux. I do use the supplied bandana as a pocket square, paired with a Mickey Mouse tie with black Mickeys on a red background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter