• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you pack in your carry on?

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
My luggage was lost on a trip to Stockholm years ago, so I always pack my toiletries and medicines in my carry on. This is my first flight since 9/11, so I don't want to carry on too much not being sure of restrictions. We have an hour to change planes in DC, so if we arrive late, ya never know what could happen to the luggage.

Just curious, what do you pack in your carry on?

Only this: My camera bag (it is actually a mini dv), my driver's license, money & travel checkes and room keys. In the outbound flights it carries the plane tickets.

And in the parks I refuse to carry anything over and beyond my camera bag (which carries our money and everything else in a cover pocket) and a bottle of water.
Everything else gets sent to the resort.

Here is what I do.. On the way to my destination, pack anything I need for my first night. Always pack your medicines, and stuff you have to have in your carry-on. I tend to pack a change of undergarmets and socks and sleepwear and my toiletries like toothbrush, shaver and stuff. The reason being is if they do lose your luggage and you don't get it back until the following day, at least you will be confortable. Make sure to pack your film too in your carryon as the new xray machines for checked luggage will damage undeveloped film. On the way home, I pack more souvenirs and stuff in my carry on and pack my toiletries and personal stuff in the checked bags, with the assumption that you are going home and can use other stuff at home if luggage is lost. Again, keep your medicine with you at all times. You are entitled to one carry on bag and a personal bag on the plane now and the size and weight is usually described on the airlines website.

Like SgtDisney, I pack whatever I would need to carry me through the first night at the hotel without my luggage. I also pack a couple of days doses of medications I take on the off chance my luggage went to Bora Bora.

Laptop
Camera/film
Makeup
toiletries which I absolutely need (toothbrush/paste, deoderant, etc.)
change of underwear
extra shirt
shorts (I always fly in long pants)
sandals (I always fly in shoes and socks)
book
prescription meds
glasses
trading pins
Passporter with tickets, etc inside

That's about it.

Anne

I don't have a carry one, but, I do have a tote in which I carry, my ID, my credit cards, cash, tickets, travel confirmations, whatever books I am reading at the time and Dee's books.
Dee carries the laptop case, the digital cameras and accessories.
That is it.

I always pack my swimsuit. A nightmare of mine would be shopping for a new swimsuit on vacation! It's a nightmare anyway, don't want to ruin vacation shopping for one! LOL! Dh can buy trunks anywhere, so I pack his!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter