What do you make in your slow cooker?

We drive to Disney so I take my slow cooker and I have all the "prep" work done at home and frozen in crock pot liners. Then I just put the liner with all the stuff in the pot in the morning and dinner is done when we get back.

That is a SUPER AWESOME idea that I'm going to have to do :) !!!!

We are staying off site on our upcoming trip and will have a full kitchen. I considering taking our crockpot along too.

Here are a some recipes we like:

Buffalo Chicken:

3 lbs frozen chicken
1 bottle buffalo sauce
1 packet of ranch seasoning

Throw it all in the crock pot, cook for 6-7 hours, and then shred chicken. Cook for 30 minutes more. Great for chicken tacos or served on buns.

Chicken and Dumplings

1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Chicken Broth
1 medium White Onion, diced
4 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits

Place chicken in crock pot and top with butter. Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and diced onions. Cook on High for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot and use a fork to shred. Return chicken to the crock pot. Cut each biscuit into 9-11 pieces (depending on the size dumplings you like) and stir into the chicken mixture. Continue to cook on High for 30 minutes. Serve hot. Makes about 6-8 servings.

Baked Potatoes

Cover each potato in aluminum foil and place in a crock-pot. Cook on low for about eight hours. Load them up with your favorite toppings, serve with a big salad and dinner is served!

Pot Roast (Our Favorite!)

2-5 pound pot roast (any kind)
1 envelope ranch dressing (dried)
1 envelope Italian dressing
1 envelope brown gravy mix
Potatoes, Carrots, Onions (all optional)
1 to 1-1/2 cup water (depending on size of roast)

If you wanted carrots and potatoes in your CrockPot, cut them to your liking and put in the bottom of your CrockPot. Put Roast on top of vegatables.
Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top. Add the water. Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.

Mac & Cheese (Delicious!!!)

16 oz elbow macaroni cooked and drained
12 oz can evaporated milk
1 cup milk (2% or whole)
3/4 stick margarine (cut into several pieces)
4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
a little bit of dry or prepared mustard (optional)

Place everything in the crock pot and mix well.* If you feel that the mixture is not soupy enough, you can add more milk (not evaporated).* The additional milk will just absorb in the cooking.* You can add additional shredded cheese as a topping if you like.* If you cook on high, it should be done in about 1 1/2 - 2 hours...low setting usually takes about an hour longer. It is done when it appears to be medium set (not dry)

I have been considering taking ours for our next trip. We always stay off site in a 2 bedroom condo with a kitchen or I wouldn't take one.

Typically we have had non-crock pot meals like spaghetti, steak and potatoes, pizza, chicken and rice, and then leftovers or eating out the rest of the time.

But if I bring the crockpot I can at least make a roast one night and crockpot lasagna one night. I can come up with a couple more ideas as well.

Dawn

Here is a recipe I make at least once a month because it's so easy and SOOOO delicious. (As a matter of fact, I made it today.)

INGREDIENTS
1 Whole Chicken
4 Baking Potatoes
3 Tbls Seasoning Salt

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place a crockpot liner in the crockpot (LOVE THESE)
2. Place scrubbed and washed potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot in a single layer
3. Sprinkle the Seasoning Salt over the entire chicken
4. Place the chicken BREAST SIDE DOWN on top of the potatoes
5. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours

This SUPER EASY recipe makes a delicious, moist chicken. Even the breast is moist because it is cooked breast side down.

Do you add any liquid?

I take chicken brests, powderd taco, half of a small jar of salsa and make chicken tacos. You can put it on tortilla chips or, soft or hard taco shells.
Very easy and tasty.

I agree! I do this also. Or put in chicken breast and pour spaghetti sauce over it and serve with pasta/spaghetti and a garlic bread.

I do a LOT of crock pot dump and cook recipes - very easy - hardly any work - and if you use crock pot liners - hardly any clean up either!:)

Today for example I made stew - no browning required - meat was so tender.

Put in liner
bottom 1/2 onion 1 inch cubes
beef seasoned with salt, garlic powder, some rosemary, oregano and bay
worcestershire sauce
baby carrots (straight out of the package)
canned tomatoes
green pepper 1 inch cubes
(optional baby new potatoes sliced in half)

cooked for 6 hours and added more corn meal mix or flour for thickening and some frozen peas an hour before serving

to go with it made corn bread - which was good surprisingly as I made it in the microwave - yes to my amazement worked great - 6 minutes on high in a hotel room microwave- go figure-
1 cup corn meal mix
1 egg
salt
sugar
3/4 c milk
a little oil

This one I made last week and loved it - Chicken Enchilada Casserole
mixed in a bowl canned tomatoes, black beans, Mexican seasonings

into a crock pot liner place a little of the tomato bean mixture, layered like lasagne with white corn tortillas, more tomato bean mixture, canned or package chicken breast, onion and cheese - repeating layers until you get to the top. On top layer add a can of enchilada sauce.

Serve with corn chips, lettuce, and a spritz of lime and or cilantro and sour cream.

When we have a condo at the beach the first thing I pack is my crockpot and tupperware because most meals last 2 days or a day and luches, snacks.

My two dump and go's that we ALWAYS use are Red Beans and Sausage and Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

I soak a 1 1/2 of red beans the night before.
Put those in the Crock the next day and cover with 1/2 inch water.
Add an onion cut in half.
2 lbs of conecuh sausage sliced in 1/2 in pieces
1/2 cup of sugar.
I use about 2 tablespoons of the already pureed garlic in the tube, but fresh, or even garlic powder works well.
I cover the top surface area liberally with season salt then add Tony Chachere's to just ligtly cover the top.

Cook 10 hrs or more on low, or 6 to 8 on high. Open lid, turn off heat and mash an area of the bottoms beans with a potato masher, then stir and let cool while you prepare, quick rice and or cornbread.

If I'm at home, I only add onlion and beans until the last 2 or 3 hours, then a mash, season and add sausage. We don't eat ours with rice but I make it if we have company. This is even better the following day.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1 2lb Pork Tenderloin
1 16 oz jar of Salsa Verde

3-4 hours on high or 6-8 on low. Shread right in the juices with two forks. Using slotted spoons serve onto hamburger buns wtih mayo. We usually have slaw, and fries or sometimes blackbeans from the can with a garnish of sourcream.

Other than that I usually use the crockpot to warm previously frozen dinners, like spaghetti, tacos, spinach Madelyn, whitebean chili etc...

Here is a recipe I make at least once a month because it's so easy and SOOOO delicious. (As a matter of fact, I made it today.)

INGREDIENTS
1 Whole Chicken
4 Baking Potatoes
3 Tbls Seasoning Salt

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place a crockpot liner in the crockpot (LOVE THESE)
2. Place scrubbed and washed potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot in a single layer
3. Sprinkle the Seasoning Salt over the entire chicken
4. Place the chicken BREAST SIDE DOWN on top of the potatoes
5. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours

This SUPER EASY recipe makes a delicious, moist chicken. Even the breast is moist because it is cooked breast side down.

This is the first crockpot meal I ever made 26+ years ago. It is delicious and easy. We used to have it once a week. I'd forgotten about this. I think I'll add it back to the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!