What do you do with people that cut in line to meet up with group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We let them through. I have no idea why they want to bump their way past so many people so I prefer to believe they have a legitimate reason.

I refuse to let stuff like this have an impact on my vacation. If they are really trying to cheat the system, my blocking them isn't going to make them better people.

Life is too short to even consider getting worked up over this. Next topic please.

Amen Karl66

Plus... You never know what someone's situation is. And someday a situation comes up that you would never in a million years think of and you would need to rely on the kindness and understanding of others. What goes around comes around. I try to give the benefit of the doubt.

I do not let them past, any of them. Little kids should be asked by their parents before getting in line, Oh what's that ...long wait time you say....in the words of Chang from the hangover " Not My Problem".

Why in the world wouldn't you let them pass? They were originally in line ahead of you, so it's not making your wait longer. When my kids were little, I wanted them to tell me when they had to use the bathroom (even if it was 1/2 hour after they went the last time). For the newly potty trained, they tended to not admit having to go. Do you want to sit down on a wet seat?

Idont have a problem wih it. But I do it. I ride a ECV at disney because I need a knee replacement but am too young at 39. My son will run off to the line my wife chases. I park ECV and limp up the line to meet em. SORRY:confused3

Why can't they wait for you at the line entrance?

I do not let them past, any of them. Little kids should be asked by their parents before getting in line, Oh what's that ...long wait time you say....in the words of Chang from the hangover " Not My Problem".

A little harsh I would say...ever hear of karma?;)

I am just curious at all those of you who say you DON'T LET THEM BY....what do you do? Make your body big, stand wide, hold your arms out to your sides, physically block them?

I have never done this or had this issue come up while I was at any park, but am just curious, how far would you go to block someone from getting by? Are you willing to get into a fist fight over it? If they try to push past you are you going to hit them? Start yelling for security? Physically restrain them or hold onto them so they can't squeeze past you?

I think it is kind of funny that some of you feel such ownership over the line that you are willing to start a fight with someone to keep them from getting past you. And some of you even PLAN FOR THIS and block the line right from the get go so nobody trying to get past you can get by unless YOU FEEL they have a valid reason or you think it is OK to let them by.

If I had to leave my party and was trying to get back through the line to join my family and YOU STOPPED ME...we would both be removed from the park I promise you. You wouldn't stop me.

I am just curious at all those of you who say you DON'T LET THEM BY....what do you do? Make your body big, stand wide, hold your arms out to your sides, physically block them?

I have never done this or had this issue come up while I was at any park, but am just curious, how far would you go to block someone from getting by? Are you willing to get into a fist fight over it? If they try to push past you are you going to hit them? Start yelling for security? Physically restrain them or hold onto them so they can't squeeze past you?

I think it is kind of funny that some of you feel such ownership over the line that you are willing to start a fight with someone to keep them from getting past you. And some of you even PLAN FOR THIS and block the line right from the get go so nobody trying to get past you can get by unless YOU FEEL they have a valid reason or you think it is OK to let them by.

If I had to leave my party and was trying to get back through the line to join my family and YOU STOPPED ME...we would both be removed from the park I promise you. You wouldn't stop me.

Well said:thumbsup2

Tell you what happened to us at the Safari, we were loaded on the truck, the truck was full, we were on the last row, there was 3 of us including my mom.

This guy in the seat in front of us, had his wife and child and he kept looking around back at the queuing area. Just as we got ready to pull away, he stands up, tells the driver to STOP. They think something is wrong, and the CM on the loading deck rushes over and asks, "what's wrong". This other couple they were with had just shown up and since we were the last to load they wanted them to take us off and let the late couple have our seats. :headache:

The CM, was like are you serious, No way am I going to take these people off. Why were you not together in the line? Do you really think we are going to wait, for someone else to arrive and let you hold up the truck? You can get off and wait at the end with them, or you can go on and catch up at the end of the ride but we are NOT taking these people off the truck.

He stayed on but he griped out loud and mumbled about it the entire trip. Which ruined it for my mother, she was really upset as he kept turning around and glaring at us. The driver was watching him so when we got to the end of the ride, he told us if we wanted to ride again he would take us to the front, but we said no we were going on to the Trek, so he gave us a fastpass for any ride, any time and we went on.

We saw the idiot a couple of times during the day and it was all I could do, not to go up to him and say you really are a piece of work. But figured he would go off and that would really upset my Mom.

Some people at Disney are the rudest I encounter anywhere.

And yet you have no problem with becoming violent over your ownership of the line to come and go as you please. :confused3

You know what I mean; those people who have a member of their group stand in line. Then several members of the group or family come through the line saying 'excuse me' like they have a special place in line ahead of you saved.
This happened to me at several rides including the safari at AK, TT at Epcot, Star tours at DHS. I can't think of more off the top of my head but it did happen at every park(also @ universal but the lines there were in general shorter).
Would I be right in NOT letting these line cutters through? What do you guys do? Just let them barge through? I don't want to start a whole thing with someone in line, but I do feel it is really unfair to those who are waiting. Especially when you get several adults cutting in front of dozens and dozens of children who are waiting along with the rest of us.

Although it could get frustrating if everyone was doing it, I am usually happy to let them go. We've had to do it, too, on occasions;however, sometimes we just keep letting people go ahead of us until our missing party arrives. But really, sometimes it really makes no difference because they would all be in the same vehicle anyway. Did you find you were terribly delayed?

Tell you what happened to us at the Safari, we were loaded on the truck, the truck was full, we were on the last row, there was 3 of us including my mom.

This guy in the seat in front of us, had his wife and child and he kept looking around back at the queuing area. Just as we got ready to pull away, he stands up, tells the driver to STOP. They think something is wrong, and the CM on the loading deck rushes over and asks, "what's wrong". This other couple they were with had just shown up and since we were the last to load they wanted them to take us off and let the late couple have our seats. :headache:

The CM, was like are you serious, No way am I going to take these people off. Why were you not together in the line? Do you really think we are going to wait, for someone else to arrive and let you hold up the truck? You can get off and wait at the end with them, or you can go on and catch up at the end of the ride but we are NOT taking these people off the truck.

He stayed on but he griped out loud and mumbled about it the entire trip. Which ruined it for my mother, she was really upset as he kept turning around and glaring at us. The driver was watching him so when we got to the end of the ride, he told us if we wanted to ride again he would take us to the front, but we said no we were going on to the Trek, so he gave us a fastpass for any ride, any time and we went on.

We saw the idiot a couple of times during the day and it was all I could do, not to go up to him and say you really are a piece of work. But figured he would go off and that would really upset my Mom.

Some people at Disney are the rudest I encounter anywhere.

:scared1:, You're right, that guy was a piece of work!

I would say that almost of the time, I will allow people to meet their group-always allow parents and children. The couple of times that I didn't were when a bunch of kids were rudely pushing their way through the line. They used the meeting up with their group line. I fell for that once then heard them laughing about line cutting, so they messed it up for others. Now, I tell them, to text their friends saying, we'll meet at the back of the line.

I think there is a huge difference if there is a family ahead of you in line and while in the line one parent needs to leave and come back because child needs to potty. Sometimes they truly do not know when they need to go especially if the line is slow moving.

However I consider it highly rude for a parent to take a child to the restroom before they get in line and yet send the others on ahead to get in line and then want to "catch up"

Why can't they just all wait until they child goes to the bathroom and get in line together, that is what we have always done. :confused3

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the only person on this thread so far who has mentioned physical violence has been you Do you usually resolve situations with your fists? How lovely.

And yet you have no problem with becoming violent over your ownership of the line to come and go as you please. :confused3

I can't speak for him but it sounds like if you are willing to get physical with him/her, s/he is willing to get physical right back.

Personally I'm more astounded by someone feigning shock over someone else getting physical in response to their prior actions. If you physically block someone, don't get upset when they physically go past you. Goose-gander.

I'm not justifying either side, it's simple reality, if you want to act like king of the line (or whatever), don't be surprised if someone calls your bluff.

Personally life is too short and our time at WDW too short to get worked up over most of this stuff.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the only person on this thread so far who has mentioned physical violence has been you Do you usually resolve situations with your fists? How lovely.

Again, I'm not justifying either side and I don't know exactly what the PP meant however,

If you are getting physical, don't be surprised if someone gets physical right back at you. Goose-Gander. Golden Rule.... whatever.

Given your previous posts, you've got no moral high ground to claim on this one, you started out advocating getting physical.

I don't think either approach is appropriate for WDW. Although truth be told I'd get a chuckle out of seeing the two of you square off in line.

I think it is stressful enough for a parent to have to politely back out of a line with a child who has to go, but to then have an adult blocking the way coming back, or giving a rude / unkind remark is even worse. I don't think anyone would come to blows, but with children watching, it would not be pleasant at all to get so nasty. Then all the "adults" would have to explain to the kids why they are acting that way. Can't we all just be kind to one another?:confused3

I think there is a huge difference if there is a family ahead of you in line and while in the line one parent needs to leave and come back because child needs to potty. Sometimes they truly do not know when they need to go especially if the line is slow moving.

However I consider it highly rude for a parent to take a child to the restroom before they get in line and yet send the others on ahead to get in line and then want to "catch up"

Why can't they just all wait until they child goes to the bathroom and get in line together, that is what we have always done. :confused3

I completely agree! :thumbsup2

Again, I'm not justifying either side and I don't know exactly what the PP meant however,

If you are getting physical, don't be surprised if someone gets physical right back at you. Goose-Gander. Golden Rule.... whatever.

Given your previous posts, you've got no moral high ground to claim on this one, you started out advocating getting physical.

I don't think either approach is appropriate for WDW. Although truth be told I'd get a chuckle out of seeing the two of you square off in line.

In no way, shape or form did I EVER advocate getting physical!! Show me one single instance where I recommended laying a hand on another person!! Even the suggestion is offensive to me. Standing (or in my case sitting) in place and refusing to move can be construed as getting phyisical in what way???? And by the way, if my second post was too obscure for you- it was a joking reference to a rather famous line from the Lord of the Rings.

Again, I will reiterate. Only one person on this thread has mentioned 'getting physical'. It certainly was not me. Goose-Gander my rosy red ......

...I've never found it a problem in WDW though. It doesn't happen often and anyone who has passed me has always been polite about it so why should I care? It has no negative effect on my family. I have left the line a few times myself and generally people have been very understanding and courteous about letting me back in.

In 2006 we went to The World with my brother's family, We were a group of 7, 4 adults and 3 kids aged 3, 6 & 8. We were waiting in line for the safari, it was about an hours wait and we were hot and tired so I left the line with one of the kids to get frozen drinks for everyone. ...

Also when we did the Candlelight Processional last year my son and I left the line several times for various reasons, food, bathroom breaks and just to go shopping because he was bored. ....I didn't feel we did anything wrong by doing this....

In Universal studios a couple of years ago, ... have to say I felt really bad going past everyone in line as it was a narrow waiting area so I felt I was invading people's personal space. ...

Sorry, but you sound like one of the people most of the posters don't like. Your 9 yr old son is bored so he doesn't have to wait in line? Everyone is hot so you get to leave the line to get them all drinks?

Lots of people could be bored standing in a line, but that's what you have to do if you want to see the CP. Frozen drinks for everyone? Not for the rest of the people who waited in line.

Maybe you didn't notice it so much because you were busy doing it yourself? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!