What do you do with people that cut in line to meet up with group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see people saying adults and what not shouldn't, but kids are OK. This is one of the few things that doesn't bother me because of my father. Those of you who think an adult shouldn't do it, but kids are OK because of bathroom breaks must have never met an older man who had prostate cancer and had it removed. When that happens, you can feel fine one minute, and have to pee like a racehorse the next, and their ain't no stopping it after about 5 minutes. 20 teens, yes,2-4 people, i don't really care. Kind of goes a long with the people who pass you in their car only to turn off soon after...realistically, its only gonna delay you 3-4 minutes tops.

I see people saying adults and what not shouldn't, but kids are OK. This is one of the few things that doesn't bother me because of my father. Those of you who think an adult shouldn't do it, but kids are OK because of bathroom breaks must have never met an older man who had prostate cancer and had it removed. When that happens, you can feel fine one minute, and have to pee like a racehorse the next, and their ain't no stopping it after about 5 minutes. 20 teens, yes,2-4 people, i don't really care. Kind of goes a long with the people who pass you in their car only to turn off soon after...realistically, its only gonna delay you 3-4 minutes tops.

I have no problem with an adult coming in......by themselves. I think it's easy to see who's coming back into line from a bathroom break, rather than a group of people who just got off splash mountain and had a scaredy cat friend wait in line at It's a Small World to hold a spot for 5 or 6 other adults/teenagers. My Dad has colitis and wears a bag and has to use the bathroom at the drop of a hat....no one would know by just looking at him (like your Dad), but I also think if he had to leave he'd walk out and maybe tell a few people on his way out that he'd be back....the bathroom is calling and upon his return thank them a million times over!

Idont have a problem wih it. But I do it. I ride a ECV at disney because I need a knee replacement but am too young at 39. My son will run off to the line my wife chases. I park ECV and limp up the line to meet em. SORRY:confused3

That happened to us twice last month and as obnoxious as I think it is to blow past people who were waiting, I just let them go because to confront them would have stayed with me all day and I'd rather not give them even more of my vacation time.

I know at Test Track a cast member gave my husband and child a Parent Swap card when after 45 minutes of waiting my son HAD to use the restroom. When they returned they had them wait at the top of the FP line until I had reached the front of the line (About 10 minutes).. It should work this way for most rides I would assume..

I do not let them past, any of them. Little kids should be asked by their parents before getting in line, Oh what's that ...long wait time you say....in the words of Chang from the hangover " Not My Problem".

I let them through. I can care less. I'm on vacation. If they are scheming to jump in line, then that's on them. I let them.

The last thing I want to do is get into an argument with some people in front of my kids while on vacation. Plus if it gets physical, which it may eventually become; I'm going to win that fight and you really don't want to see that- believe me.

So I chill...:hippie:

It only makes sense to cut in line.

If you don't cut, you have to wait.

Well, technically they are still "waiting" -just not in line. I've been to Disney enough in the last 25-30 years that it doesn't really bother me -even if it's 10 people, big deal I wait another 2 minutes.

I don't usually bother unless it's a large group who have never been in the line to start with. We have encountered this many times in Disneyland Paris. Groups of kids climbing barriers and shoving their way into line past everyone else without so much as an 'Excuse me". They seem to find it amusing! One of the many reasons we haven't been back to DLP for 10 years.
I've never found it a problem in WDW though. It doesn't happen often and anyone who has passed me has always been polite about it so why should I care? It has no negative effect on my family. I have left the line a few times myself and generally people have been very understanding and courteous about letting me back in.

In 2006 we went to The World with my brother's family, We were a group of 7, 4 adults and 3 kids aged 3, 6 & 8. We were waiting in line for the safari, it was about an hours wait and we were hot and tired so I left the line with one of the kids to get frozen drinks for everyone. It was easy to do this as the waiting areas are pretty spacious until you get to the very end so we didn't have to push past anyone. With most rides I would not leave the line except for an unexpected bathroom break as the waiting areas are too difficult to get back into without impacting other people.

Also when we did the Candlelight Processional last year my son and I left the line several times for various reasons, food, bathroom breaks and just to go shopping because he was bored. My husband kept our place in line for 2 hours. I don't think the couple in front were too happy as they kept giving us dirty looks and when it came time to take our seats they left a large gap and wouldn't move up so we were perched on the edge of a row and my son had to sit on my husband's knee. I didn't feel we did anything wrong by doing this and I don't have a problem with other people doing it.

In Universal studios a couple of years ago, we were heading for the HP ride and I had to go to the bathroom. My husband and son went ahead and I assumed they would wait at the entrance but they didn't, they got in line without me. I was pretty mad but I asked a cast member if I could catch up with them and he said it wasn't a problem, just to go down the outside of the line. I have to say I felt really bad going past everyone in line as it was a narrow waiting area so I felt I was invading people's personal space. I didn't push past but said excuse me and apologised all the way down. I was embarassed to do this but I really wanted us to all ride together and was so mad at my husband for not waiting and putting me in this situation in the first place. I won't be doing this again! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

I do not let them past, any of them. Little kids should be asked by their parents before getting in line, Oh what's that ...long wait time you say....in the words of Chang from the hangover " Not My Problem".

That's hard to explain to a just potty trained 3 year old........coming from a Mom of a just potty trained 3 year old who went to the bathroom before we left last night for a FunPlex/chuck e cheese and 30 minutes later peed all over the place, inside one of those climbing/tunnel things b/c she couldn't find her way out in time.... and we had to leave .....and she's been trained for about 5-6mths. When a 3 year old has to go, she has to go. If the line says 5-15 minutes she could probably hold it...any more time than that....she's either peeing in line or on the ride car that you will be getting in after we get out! ;)

This doesn't bother me at all......maybe at Six Flags but not Disney!!!! We usually travel with 6 or 7 people. There's is more than one occasion where we'll split and then meet back with the whole group....call each other....say we're on our way and jump in line. Really whats the big deal!! It's like an extra minute in exchange I have no problem with people joining with their group!!! I try not to sweat the small stuff just happy to be in Disney!!! :goodvibes

Would it not make more sense, to have the person waiting for "Their" party to join them, step aside. This would alow others to continue onward and they could wait for their party to reach them? Why should the good of the "One" out weigh the good of the "Many"?

On the other hand, we could forget about being at the happiest place on earth. And bring with us the hell with everyone else attitude. It's all about me, baby. I say, "Revert back to the Gladiator days" and start throwing some elbows. Let's continue to teach the young people (Children), exactly how to treat others. I want to see some elbows, gouging, biting, screaming maybe some tears. Come on people, let's have some fun. This is what vacation is all about.

Rules and etiquette, those are just empty words. They just do not apply in the real world, (Wink, Wink). Right? It's not about others, it's about us. What is wrong with being bankrupt of morals, I ask? Nothing like a good "Brou-Ha-Ha" while on vacation. Perhaps a little blood, thrown in, would increase the "Fun Factor" :scared1:

Have a nice vacation! :3dglasses

I will make sure my child is standing by your feet when they pee in their pants. Hopefully you will be wearing your most comfotable broken in shoes. I have never gotten out of line for potty breaks yet, and I ask before we get in line, but life happens. I don't mind letting one or two people past. We are all on vacation, and want to have fun.

After RD at EPCOT we head straight to ride Soarin'. This is about the only time we see line cutters. It is usually a few dads that get FPs while their family goes on ahead. It is annoying but it is usually only a couple dads so we don't do anything except make fun of them as they go by.

I wouldn't let it bother me. Unless I notice it's the same group of people doing it on multiple rides, it doesn't really make a difference to me. It's more of a hassle for me to make some sort of human gate to not allow them to pass me than it is for me to just scoot over a bit and let them by. If it means I'm one car back from where I would have been before they got in front of me, oh well. I'm not going to sweat over something so trivial.

If it was somebody who was in line with them to begin with and then left for a few minutes, I don't care at all. Children have sudden needs and I'd rather not listen to a bunch of whining from someone else's kids for a drink or snack or make a kid pee their pants (or start the wait over for it). Even adults have immediate, sudden needs too (you never know what medical issues someone is dealing with).

Now, if it is someone who is entering the line for the first time, it may or may not bug me. One parent and a kid, I'll smile and let it go. A few adults or a large party who just decided to do something else, and I'm very annoyed. It is rude no matter what to everyone else and THAT bugs me more than the extra time it puts me back.

What do I do? Usually nothing. It's not worth it. I'm there to have fun. If I'm feeling feisty (lots of offenders), I might say something. Most of the time, it's just not worth the bad karma.

To be honest I try not to let it bother me, I am on vacation. I understand there are plenty of reasons someone needs to step out of line and you cannot always say if person was in this line or not. The only time I can actually say something is if person is rude and just pushing his way. Other then that I will not even pay attention.

I was just telling DH about this thread and he laughed. He said that all you need to do is turn around, hold up your hand and intone: "In the words of Gandalf the Grey - You Shall Not Pass!". Would probably work best if you were well over 6 ft. tall and carried a big staff:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

:rotfl2:

It never bothers me if it's one or two people joining their group. It does bother me if a group joins one or two people holding a place in the standby line. I think it makes much more sense for those groups to send one person ahead to get a FP for the ride rather than send them ahead to hold their space in the stand by line.

You may hate me, but I don't let anyone pass me to "join their family just over there" unless they passed by me on their out of the line before for a potty break or to buy some water. I don't think it's fair to other people in line if you leave one family member holding 4 other people spots while you are out doing whatever. If your family really wants to ride together, they will have to wait for you outside the queue because you are definitely not going past me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter