• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do on your sea days?

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite thing to do on your days at sea?

Our upcoming cruise has a few days at sea and though I live the midship detective agency and relaxing by the pool, I was wondering what you do?

We have three kids (11,9 & 7) that will be with us so family friendly will be a priority for us but not a deal breaker

TIA!

Anyone can cook(LOVE the mushroom risotto) and Art of the Theme tour of the ship, both are adults only, so dd goes to the kids club while dh and I go to these. Each are only about an hour or less.

We love to do the family crafts, family games, towel folding, Mickey 200, watch a movie, go shopping, visit some characters, eat a bunch of ice cream, hang out in the room, etc. My daughter likes to do activities in the club/lab and Edge while I go do my own things like listen to a guest speaker, go to the spa, etc. There are usually a lot of options on sea days.

What is your favorite thing to do on your days at sea?

Our upcoming cruise has a few days at sea and though I live the midship detective agency and relaxing by the pool, I was wondering what you do?

We have three kids (11,9 & 7) that will be with us so family friendly will be a priority for us but not a deal breaker

TIA!
Detective agency, bingo, Aqua Dunk, game shows, live theater shows, relax in stateroom, etc.

Sea days are the best. After doing the EBPC with 10 sea days out of 14 we really think every other cruise has too many days in port!

If you are already worrying about what to do on sea days I would encourage you to change your mindset now. You will find there is plenty to do, including doing nothing. If you are a planner by nature, plan on doing nothing. You can always look at the navigator the night before or morning of and see if there is something you would like to do. Otherwise enjoy the moment, scenery and just hanging out.

ETA - our son can’t stop asking to go back to the ship and the clubs on port days so it is not an issue for the whole family

Last edited:

Although not for the whole family, we spend time by Satellite Falls, and at the Cove Bar or Currents. We usually do Palo Brunch once too. The kids may want to spend time in the clubs so you could do the adults things then. Sea days are also a good time to shop since the stores are open.

Palo brunch once each longer cruise. Anyone Can Cook, beverage tastings, trivia in the pub, relaxing/reading in Cove Cafe or around the adult pool, perhaps a movie or a nap (which might happen when I’m watching a movie on the TV while laying on the bed in our stateroom).

Sleep late, read a book out on the verandah, take a nap, wander through the on-board shops.

Palo or Remy brunch, beverage tastings, cove cafe, pool, aquadunk, movies, wine on the verandah.

Palo Brunch, tasting class, Snack, AquaDuck, lunch, movies, snack, Midship Detective Agency, walk the ship, sports simulators, late snack, trivia, dinner. Once we did the animation class and that was fun!

Palo Brunch, tasting class, Snack, AquaDuck, lunch, movies, snack, Midship Detective Agency, walk the ship, sports simulators, late snack, trivia, dinner. Once we did the animation class and that was fun!
Thank you! Do you have to sign up for animation class ahead of time?

I usually go get the men’s shave/facial/scalp massage right before we head to Remy’s for brunch.

The Navigator the night before will give you a menu of things to do...or not. Up to you! On longer cruises (we did the WBTA) there are adult scavenger hunts on the Magic, somewhat like the detective agency for kids (kids from 4 to 99+) that were a hoot. We passed other folks on the hunt and traded hints...they were tough (find the uniforms, chairs, carpets, etc. from a small photo of a small section of the item). Sometime we just veg out on our verandah or on a deck chair and watch for sea critters, birds, other ships, weird clouds, goofy stuff that you never have time for at home. After eight DCL cruises, three without kids/gkids, we find all kinds of things to do, taste, drink or dream through. Happy sailing!!!

On every cruise I try to come up with a plan for what to do on sea days. And sometimes I even do some of those things!

Other days, I do nothing.
images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter