What do you do on your sea days?

We never sleep in late (we can do that at home). We are up early to take advantage of a quite ship and take a lot of photos. Get a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up. No breakfast since we will have a Palo brunch. Afterwards, we just relax on deck 4 or in the adult areas. It's the most relaxing day of the cruise until time to get ready for diner and a show. It's our favorite day on the ship!

This sounds amazing! I may surprise DH with it! Thx!!

“Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave
  • Duration: 55 minutes
  • Price: $95
Known as the "shave of all shaves," this youth-enhancing treatment will leave his skin looking and feeling revitalized. This signature grooming service includes the Express Shave, an anti-aging mini facial and luxurious face, scalp, hand and arm massage.”​

I’m not much of a “spa” guy, and the shave itself is nothing special (they use a disposable safety razor), but the face mask and the massage are worth the trip.

We check to see what activities are going on that day and see if we want to go to any. We also hang out by the pool.

We just got off our first cruise. the 4 night dream. Only one sea day and it went by so fast.. by the time we woke up, ate breakfast, watched a movie, finished FEs, packed up, lunch.. a bit of pool time. walked around, checked out photos, gallery, placeholder, show and dinner, the day was over.... didnt think it would go that fast. glad I did not plan anything.. on a multi day sea days I could see us having time to do "stuff"

Sea days are our FAVORITE! A lot of people sleep in, but i recommend going up to a top deck for the sunrise (even if you have a balcony) - it is so serene and a great way to start the day :)

Once we do that, it's usually back to the balcony to have a comfy (read: robed) breakfast and then to lounge around near the pool for most of the day, only getting up to eat - ha!

Our kids were 16 and 12 on our Disney Cruise. It was our second cruise, the first on HAL. We discovered that we really liked being with our kids 24/7 for a week. We slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, then some shuffle board, a little basketball, Disney trivia , lunch a movie, watching the sea go by, show, music trivia, back to the cabin for showers, then late seating dinner. A very leisurely dinner, usually lasted close to 2 hours. Our son was into magic, and did tricks after dinner, with the servers trying to top his tricks. By the second day we had a crowd around our table watching. Then we did star gazing in front of the windscreen on the bow until about midnight. Kids were disappointed that Disney didn't have the nightly midnight buffet like our HAL cruise had. They really enjoyed the carving stations and desserts at 1 am! But we got a snack and there was the Dessert buffet one night, and that worked..

Generally, our main goal has been having breakfast and lunch at MDR, Anyone Can Cook, browsing through the shops, watching a movie at Buena Vista Theatre and lounging at the Adults only section or our verandah and drinking hot chocolate. And I usually visit the Future desk on the first sea day if I didn't visit on embarkation day....there's usually little to no wait at that time.

We don't really sleep in too much as I'm generally an early riser and I don't like making our stateroom host wait for us to leave the room. Plus, breakfast in MDR is usually early so I don't want to miss that...I don't like Cabanas.

In between those times, we would walk around the deck of the ship to enjoy the fresh air. I don't really enjoy just lounging around so the upper decks are great places to wander as long as it's not too windy.

I do like sea days, but I'd trade every sea day for a port. I prefer port intensive cruises and although I feel exhausted by the end, I felt like I had a good vacation.

My family loves sea days! We do character meets, pool very early, movies if there's a good one playing, Palo brunch, kids' clubs/teen clubs, cooking class, shuffle board, mid-ship detective agency...never enough free time to do everything we'd like.

Trivia (family & Adult), the kids are in and out of the clubs for their own activities all day, Palo brunch, eat food, drink beer, random activities off the navigator. We enjoy sea days.

Sea days are my favorite as well. There have been times I've done a lot or nothing at all. In the past I have taken an afternoon nap, spent the afternoon reading in the Cove Café, watching movies in the theatre, having brunch at Palo, hanging out by the pool, rainforest pass, taking a specialty tour (theatre tour was my favorite but not offered very often), catching up on pictures with characters, bingo, games, arts and crafts, etc...

I know what you mean. Last cruise I was sitting in a nice wooden deck chair staring at the ocean when I started to feel guilty for being lazy. As I stood up, I realized that for once, I had nothing that had to get done, nowhere I needed to be, no kids to pick up from school/band/sports/meetings/friends house, etc. My only “job” at that moment was to just sit there, enjoying the view. It felt strange, but good!

I like being able to sleep in on a sea day, which I rarely get to do at home (comes with having kids, I guess). Breakfast in the MDR is also nice. I try to load a few e-books for reading. Oh, and I usually bring nail polish to give myself a manicure :D

Our kids were 16 and 12 on our Disney Cruise. It was our second cruise, the first on HAL. We discovered that we really liked being with our kids 24/7 for a week. We slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, then some shuffle board, a little basketball, Disney trivia , lunch a movie, watching the sea go by, show, music trivia, back to the cabin for showers, then late seating dinner. A very leisurely dinner, usually lasted close to 2 hours. Our son was into magic, and did tricks after dinner, with the servers trying to top his tricks. By the second day we had a crowd around our table watching. Then we did star gazing in front of the windscreen on the bow until about midnight. Kids were disappointed that Disney didn't have the nightly midnight buffet like our HAL cruise had. They really enjoyed the carving stations and desserts at 1 am! But we got a snack and there was the Dessert buffet one night, and that worked..
This sounds fantastic!!! ❤️❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter