What do you consider the best rides for Solo'rs?

Question! I have been to Disney World twice before solo but I have NEVER ridden Pirates mainly because I feel weird being solo. This upcoming trip I think I am going to just go for it. I seen the ride on Youtube but want to experience it myself. Do they still give single riders a whole row to themselves or no? Any other solo folks felt weird on this attraction or no?

It's so dark in Pirates that no one can really even see you in line, and they certainly won't care about you being alone! I'm usually seated in a row with two other people, but the benches are roomy enough that I never feel like we're in each others' personal space. (I'm not sure if they're combining groups in rows right now or not, but that's how it's always been in pre-Covid times, at least.)

The only time I had an issue was about 6 years ago at the 24-hour event when they had just done a refurb of PotC and the boats were suddenly getting swamped with water too easily - I was placed in the very front row with two guys who looked like NFL linebackers and the front of the boat came down off the hill so front-heavy that we ended up with a wave of water up over us basically up to my waist and I was soaked for the rest of the night. But they fixed that issue with the boats and I've never gotten splashed like that since then.

Seriously, no one cares that you're solo and there's honestly nothing to feel awkward about. Enjoy riding Pirates - it's great fun! The only rides I haven't ever done solo are Dumbo/Triceratops Spin, but I'm not even a huge fan of those even when I have friends to ride them with, so it's more a matter of me not caring to wait in line for them, not so much an issue of awkwardness.

I don't have any concern with most of the two-person seat rides, either: your seat mate just as well assume that you're also in an odd-numbered party if it occurs to them to think of it at all. It's very normal in every amusement park I've ever been to to not have seats left empty, so other than 7DMT, with its too-small seats squishing you together a bit, I don't see any other issues, and even there, I'm always too focused on trying to fit my legs under the bars to pay any attention to the person next to me.

While I don't ever feel awkward on the rides themselves, I will say my most common discomfort when I'm solo is when I'm stuck in line with an awkward conversation happening behind or in front of me (family arguments, political discussions, etc.), so I always make sure to have earbuds with me so that I can put on some music or an audiobook while waiting in line to block out the other sounds and entertain myself through the wait. (In the early days of Flight of Passage, I would even bring my iPad and watch whole movies when I had to wait for a few hours, but I'm usually fine with just the distractions available on my phone.)

Yea Flight of Passage is one of the most solo rider friendly attractions in all of Disney World.

I think the added (possible) bonus (depending on how you look at it), is that this is a ride that they will call out for single riders and you can bypass the last bit of the line that much quicker... if you don't mind identifying yourself as a solo rider... but once you're on the ride everyone's on their own banshee and immersed in the ride. So, if you can manage to flag the CM when they ask for single riders discretely with a cool nod of the head rather than an over exuberant "Pick ME! Pick ME!" waving of the arms... you'll being doing better than I do.

RSR via single rider line. Just do it over and over again. My significant other rode it 5x in a row.

Question! I have been to Disney World twice before solo but I have NEVER ridden Pirates mainly because I feel weird being solo. This upcoming trip I think I am going to just go for it. I seen the ride on Youtube but want to experience it myself. Do they still give single riders a whole row to themselves or no? Any other solo folks felt weird on this attraction or no?
If there not busy they do, however, I always have to ask why riding on a bench seat on a theme park ride is a problem. I have been doing that for two decades now and it never occurred to me that it should be a problem. What exactly makes it such? We are all humans riding an attraction at a fun theme park, we are all there to enjoy the ride. It's like going to the movies. Many times you have to sit next to someone you don't know and you're stuck there for a couple of hours. A 15 minute ride in a boat through comical scenes should be a piece of cake for anybody.

I'm pretty sure things will change as restrictions are slowly relaxed, but being able to ride the SkyLine by yourself is a great experience. You get all the great views in a peaceful relaxing ride. Its awesome!

I would ride anything by myself honestly. It’s only awkward for you, I don’t think anyone else cares or is even thinking about it. WDW seems like one of the best and safest places to be solo

Oh, Oh, Oh .... All the WDW Food Rides .... YOU eat what YOU want, where YOU want, and when YOU want!!! Soaring is a totally solo experience. But Really .... going Solo is its own freedom adventure no "dear ones" to negotiate with on what to ride, when to chill, where to wander & shop,

PeopleMover, Soarin, and Tower of Terror are usually what I go for when I'm travelling alone. Draws a little less attention to the fact that you're alone in my opinion

I travel alone frequently - it first started on business trips and then I started in my personal life. Solo travel, especially at Disney, is the best! No one is paying attention to anyone outside their family unit / friends so don't worry about perceptions. I also guarantee the adults will wish they were there solo, doing anything they want! Every ride is great solo and the CMs do a great job placing you where you want, especially if you ask. So don't worry about drawing attention - soak up every magical moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter