What do we do now ?????

I know how you feel about the long wait. We cruised last October and booked on board for June 26th. It seemed like a long wait but we leave for Florida a week from tomorrow. It really does go by fast and sadly it's over before you know it. Enjoy all the planning.:wave:

Start planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas! As soon as they have come and gone, it will almost be time to PACK! Nat:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by markm0926
We are all booked for next April !! Very excited about our first Disney Cruise!!

How are we going to handle this looooonnngggg wait ??

We are also going in April- I have just boked the night before the cruise hotel and also the hotel we are staying at for one night when we get off the ship...other than that we are just hanging on waiting-of course it eases the wait being we have a 10 day trip to Disney coming up in August so I am busy getting my priority seating reservations etc.....BTW...I booked my Disney World trip though Dreams Unlimited and they are wonderful with those too....I emailed my agent which prioirity seatings I would like and she makes the calls and sexcurs them (if they are available). Much easier than doing them myself!

Originally posted by aprilgail2
We are also going in April- I have just boked the night before the cruise hotel and also the hotel we are staying at for one night when we get off the ship...available).

Do you mind me asking where you are staying?
I just started looking into staying somewhere near the port the day before we sail. We'll need 2 rooms and don't want to spend too much money.
Thanks!!

When in April?? We are cruising next April also!!
You're right..I can't hardly stand the wait

What you do is go to the cruise meets board. See if there is a thread started for your cruise yet. If there is join in! If there isn't - start one. We've had one for our 12/18 cruise for almost a year now. We are having a great time gettiing to know each other. A number of people from the thread have met eather other already. I know that when we sail in December I'll be sailing with a great group of friends!

Start saving!!! Should start packing too, because time flies once you get close to your cruise date & you are racing to get packed ;)

Originally posted by rwade428
When in April?? We are cruising next April also!!
You're right..I can't hardly stand the wait

We'll be on the April 30th eastern cruise !!!
Can't wait !!

What you do is go to the cruise meets board. See if there is a thread started for your cruise yet. If there is join in! If there isn't - start one. We've had one for our 12/18 cruise for almost a year now. We are having a great time gettiing to know each other. A number of people from the thread have met eather other already. I know that when we sail in December I'll be sailing with a great group of friends!

I second this!!!! We were on the May 1st eastern and had a thread going for about a year. We finally met all the people during our cruise meet and it made the cruise that much more Magical. It was great to be able to walk around and see people you knew everywhere. It is also a great way to trade notes about what to do and what to bring.

Hi,
We are going to Disney World in August. We are going to be there August 15-19. Maybe we could get together if we are going to be there the same time.

Let me know

I'm going in april too (first time on a ship) and I know what you mean! So far away...first time I've wished summer would just go and winter was here..then I'd know it was almost time to hop the boat :)

I just book a room at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach. I've read great reviews about the hotel. Planned the route to drive ...almost 1400 miles :( and then booked the two hotels between here and there. So now what do you do?

Well in my case it turned out I had two parental units decide they want to tag along for the trip (after swearing up and down they never wanted to see florida again). So I was going back and changing reservations so they have a bed. However they don't want to go on the cruise :( So there went my plans for a WDW resort hotel stay after the trip. Poohy...so we found this neat little idea called vacation rentals..where they can relax for the week I'm gone and then we'll do disneyworld when I get back. Turned out its cheaper than the resorts and last food poisoning victim can cook his own food :) So all are content for now..

This is what I've started doing to kill time :

Watching NASA's website..might get lucky and catch the proposed launch of the shuttle while we're there :)

Watching the Two palms web cam...spotting the Magic and Wonder as they sale by a couple times a week. (have to have a fix!)

Looking for shopping in Cocoa Beach! Ron Jon's Ron Jons !

Making a list, checking it twice...( I know I'll forget stuff anyway).

Budgeting..ick..

Bugging the heck out the great souls on this board, getting info.

FYI Travel Channel is running a Worlds Best : DCL Friday night.

Stacey

Originally posted by aprilgail2
we have a 10 day trip to Disney coming up in August so I am busy getting my priority seating reservations etc.....BTW...I booked my Disney World trip though Dreams Unlimited and they are wonderful with those too....

I've been toying with the idea of doing an August trip to WDW, because I don't want to take the kids out of school again (took them out for our May cruise). We always do WDW off season. Is it unbearably hot and crowded in August? If the parks were open until 11:00 I would just do it, but from the website it looks like MK is only open til 9:00. :confused:

Make up your "envelopes". Months before our vacation I make out envelopes with Disney characters and mark what they are. Tips, Cruise Day #1, #2, etc., Mousekeeping envelopes, excursions, etc... This makes it easy and when you get to the ship you can go put all this cash right into your credit and you will be all set for your vacation knowing there will be no big credit card bill waiting for you when you get home. Have a great time.

Originally posted by markm0926
Do you mind me asking where you are staying?
I just started looking into staying somewhere near the port the day before we sail. We'll need 2 rooms and don't want to spend too much money.
Thanks!!
We are staying at the Raddisson..it was 119 a night I think.

Originally posted by cindalu
Hi,
We are going to Disney World in August. We are going to be there August 15-19. Maybe we could get together if we are going to be there the same time.

Let me know

We are going on the 21-31!

Read this board frequently and ask a lot of questions!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter