what do u prefer-onsite or offsite hotels?

TeamJones22

Cashback!
When we go to DLP,we go with Leger holidays because they do a convienient coach trip which is really cheap most the time,and we always choose to stay onsite at the santa fe because i assumed it wouldnt be the same experience if i stayed offsite and because the santa fe was cheaper! But reading things that people say,it seems the off site hotels(holiday inn,kyriad etc) are pretty quality as well.Is it better staying offsite are the hotel qualities better overall,or am i better off sticking with my cheap holidays in the santa fe?!

The thought of staying offsite has never crossed our minds and I'm pretty sure it never will - we like being on the resort and it's great to come down to breakfast and see Mickey or Goofy in the foyer. Plus there's the whole Disney luggage service and the having your purchases taken back to your hotel for you - do they do that for any of the offsite? Plus we like being in walking distance from the park as unless the weather is too bad we walk to and from the hotel.

For us the decision to stay off-site was down to two factors :) Firstly Holiday Inn were offering very cheap deals that would have seemed rude to not try them ;) and being a family of 5 the Disney on-site options were too expensive.

Reid

For me the HI, Kyriad, Mövenpick and Explorers and soon the Radisson are no REAL off-site hotels as there is a Disneyboutique, the shuttle busses and they are themed.
For AP-holders it es mostly a lot cheaper to pay 60€ a night for the HI than 120€ at the Santa Fe.
If money wont count I would stay at least at the HNY all the time, but 1 night equals mostly 4-5 nights at the HI :earseek:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Reid,

Does the Holiday Inn accommodate all 5 in one room? We stayed at P & V this year thinking we had no other alternative. :cool1:

We had to make special arrangements with the hotel to get a mattress on the floor for youngest.

Reid

For me, I would much rather be onsite. In fact for me one of the main advantages of DLP over WDW is the fact that you can walk everywhere :)

Even the onsite WDW hotels are mostly linked to most parks by bus service alone (offsite at WDW really is offsite) and even there I would rather be onsite than off.

But at DLP there is no question. I would not exchange the pleasant walk back to my hotel, round Lake Disney, for a queue and a wait for a bus.

Please note this is just what I choose for me and my family! Everyone feels differently about what is important for them. I suspect if I had 3 children rather than 2 I would have different priorities due to the sheer cost of onsite accommodation for 5.

Miffy2003 said:
Please note this is just what I choose for me and my family! Everyone feels differently about what is important for them. I suspect if I had 3 children rather than 2 I would have different priorities due to the sheer cost of onsite accommodation for 5.
Unfortunately, this is my my major gripe with DLP :rolleyes: If management had thought beyond 2.4 children then DLP would be perfect in every way :goodvibes

Reid

I was speaking to a friend who goes to DLRP 3-4 times a year. He stays at the Holiday Inn. We stayed at the Newport Bay Club in July and we were disappointed in the condition of the hotel.

Maybe it's time they started knocking a few walls down and giving the option of interconnecting rooms - most people I know have more than 2 children - its very difficult to find anywhere to stay - it's not just DLP! :cool1:

Given a choice we would rather stay onsite but if my husband comes we need to have a gym etc and that makes the hotel really expensive so its the holiday inn for us again this time.

The theming is much better onsite and if the room prices were like wdw we would be very happy.

nikki

eileds said:
Maybe it's time they started knocking a few walls down and giving the option of interconnecting rooms - most people I know have more than 2 children - its very difficult to find anywhere to stay - it's not just DLP! :cool1:

All the DLP Hotels have interconnecting rooms...and you can also get rooms for up to 6 at the NPBC

eileds said:

I agree! It took me ages to find a hotel in London for us 5 that wasn't in the back of beyond or a backpackers hostel!

Renate_do said:
All the DLP Hotels have interconnecting rooms...and you can also get rooms for up to 6 at the NPBC

When we were first planning our holiday to DLP I phoned Disney a couple of times to discuss this. Each time the CM's said to save my money for the parks and to stay at the Explorers.
We were very happy with the Explorers. If we were 4 or less in our family, we would have opted for a Disney hotel but I can't miss what I have never had :confused3 and the Explorers does have theming, its just not Disney theming! ;)

The cabin room in the Explorers is very nice and gives it the "feel" of a suite. We found the same problem when we went to WDW. We could either book 2 connecting rooms at a budget Disney hotel or 1 room with a roll-away bed at a moderate Disney hotel. We chose a suite at an offsite hotel for far less money and lots more space. Guess I won't be staying at a Disney hotel until my nest is empty, unless I win the lottery first! :rotfl2:

yeah it would definitely be nice to stay in one Hotel New York or the Disneyland Hotel,but they more than a bit out of my price range!

As for the newport bay,we have been upgraded to stay there from the Santa Fe the last two times we have gone there,and despite being generally more impressive,i wouldnt really say it was worth the extra money.although ive always been used to staying in,well,not the classiest places when i go on holiday,so maybe thats just me.

If you consider price and location and everything else,is there a best place to stay at like overall? is it worth spending all the extra money to stay in the smarter hotels?

I don't know teamjones - for me it's as much about the location as the themeing (though I confess the themeing counts for a lot as well ;) )

Forgot to say that we walked back to the Explorers one evening. It only took 25 minutes and was a very pleasant walk. :flower:

And if money was no object, I would definitely choose the Disneyland Hotel every time, for location and theming!!! :rotfl:

There is only NBC that advertises in the brochures that it caters for up to 6, at considerable expense! All the other hotels say they cater for families of 4, there is no mention of interconnecting rooms. Obviously there is the Explorers which I'm tempted to try next time unless I too can get a mattress for my little one at Holiday Inn :cool1:

Have you thought of the Marriot's Ile de France. They have townhouses from 119E depending on time of year which have a double, a twin and a sofa bed in the living area.
(According to the Marriot website-www.marriot.com , sorry I'm not technical enough to post a link )

Cyrano said:
Unfortunately, this is my my major gripe with DLP :rolleyes: If management had thought beyond 2.4 children then DLP would be perfect in every way :goodvibes

Reid
I totally agree. I really do not understand why they do not offer a roll-away bed for a fifth guest. I asked if it was possible for all five of us to go in one room at the DLH (our three children would sleep together) but still it was no good. It can't be that difficult offering roll-away beds :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter