What Disney Recipes have you tried?

Nice thread! I like hearing if peoples' recipes turned out. I've made the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from a recipe we got when we ate there. So delicious!

I also picked up the Delicious Disney cookbook last time we were there. Lots of really terrific-looking recipes. I've made the Kona Salad once, and it was much better than I thought it would be- I really liked the sweet/salty combination.

Interestingly enough, though, I've made more recipes from DLR than WDW, although I've never been to Disneyland. The Monte Cristo (good!) and the Loaded Baked Potato Soup (just okay-- my own recipe's better). Next up, I want to try the Stilton Cheesecake from Victoria and Albert's.

Made the Basil Tomatoe Soup from the Grand Floridian for my appitizer for dinner tonight. Yummmy :)

Here is what I made in the past week:

Scalloped Potatoes from Narcoosee’s - people who have had these at the restaurant raved about them and with all the butter and cheese in the recipe - it's no wonder. This is a very rich (and little too rich for me) dish that turns out well. But to me, scalloped potatoes are not something I go crazy about.

Tamarind BBQ Sauce from Boma - the Teriyaki sauce that gets mixed into this is spectacularly good. The Tamarind sauce has a very strong taste and I would use a little more Teriyaki than the 50/50 split the recipe calls for. All in all, a very interesting and good tasting sauce.

Carrot Salad - Top of the World (1986 cookbook) - I'm not sure if I like this as much as the Coconut Carrot salad from Boma but the carrots/pineapple/raisin combination works very well together. This is not a salad you want to have sitting around for more than 2 days as it doesn't keep very well. My mom loved this one.

Ghana Roast Chicken Salad (Boma) & Mediterranean Salad (Hollywood & Vine) - reviewed in the recipe exchange thread.

Saratoga Springs House Salad (from Delicious Disney) - Wow, this is a spectacular tasting salad and the dressing is outstanding. The salad ingredients are a perfect mix and it might even be better to divvy them up individually on the plates so they're distributed evenly. The salad could be served at a very fancy dinner.

Mango Mousse (Boma) - now we're talking my kind of food! :goodvibes Desserts are my favorite part of the meal and this one is extremely good. I didn't bother with the tart shells (I don't like eating pastry and I don't need the calories) and they weren't missed because the Mousse is very light with a tangy, fruity taste. Perfect for the summer.

Pina Coolava - made the raspberry purée out of fresh raspberries (uncooked) and made the piña colada from scratch using the Razz Rum instead of white rum. My girlfriend who never drinks cocktails tried this one and ended up loving it.

Tatania -any pics to post over on the pic thread of all the yummy disney food you made?

I very rarely take pictures of the food I make. The digital camera I have is old and doesn't take good pictures indoors - especially not at night. When I'm cooking and getting some ready for dinner, I just don't have time to stop and take pictures of it and even the times I've remember to take my camera up to the kitchen, I forget to take the picture.
It also takes too much time to load it to the computer, edit it, upload it to photobucket, etc.

Anyway, because you asked - I took a picture of the Steakhouse Salad from Concourse Steakouse (Delicious Disney) and am posting it.

I made this salad last night and it's delicious. The only thing that bothers me is the cup of oil that goes into the dressing because I cringe when I think of all those calories. I cut back and used about 2/3 of a cup and it was just fine. This a great dinner salad for the summer and I'll post the recipe in the recipe section when I've got time to transcribe it.

SteakhouseSalad_Concourse.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter