What disney expansion rumor is better?

Seems like could have plenty to go with that, but probably because of the seas with nemo and friends in Epcot. They don't want to take away business from another one of their parks

I'm actually referring to a whale and dolphin show such as Seaworld does. Not a ride on attraction. People love this type of entertainment. They could also have a seal show. It would be a perfect fit for AK.

My family loves to go to Seaworld but if it was right at Disney, all the better ;)

Tinkerdreams said:
I'm actually referring to a whale and dolphin show such as Seaworld does. Not a ride on attraction. People love this type of entertainment. They could also have a seal show. It would be a perfect fit for AK.

My family loves to go to Seaworld but if it was right at Disney, all the better ;)

Then I would say probably the cost to maintain that type of attraction is probably too high. But I agree the shows at sea world are awesome. Also a lot of people(myself included) feel like animal kingdom is lacking in attractions. Adding shows may not be enough.

Well, the NFL and Theme Parks are both copycat Leagues! Universal has done extremely well on Harry Potter world.

The Hollywood Fat-Cats sit back and say: "We need to increase the AK's attendance, boy, Universal sure is doing great with Harry Potter experience." EUREKA: Let's build a new huge area based on an iconic movie with a huge fan base!

Note: Before you read on please understand I am not anti-Avatar nor pro-Potter. I watched the last 3/4's of Avatar and the first Harry Potter (only because I had to take the kids). That, and I watched the last 10 minutes of the final movie when Harry blew away that dude that has been doggin' him all these years! Have not read any of the Potter books - though our family owns all of them - in Hardcover no less! If any / either movie came on my TV, I personally would look for different options.

My thoughts/questions:

• I didn't think Avatar was that good - nor Iconic. Expensive? Colorful? Neat effects? I vote Yes on all 3. But, I felt the story line had been done a few thousand times before.
  • While Avatar was popular, I am not sure anyone can say it was or ever will be in the Harry Potter stratosphere. The Harry Potter fandom grew exponentially over time - will Avatar experience the same momentum?
  • Both my kid's have worked at the same local Cinema. When the last Potter movie came out: They sold out all 12 halls (AT MIDNIGHT!) and had to turn people away. That weekend they ran it in 9 of 12 halls. And, for the next week they had it run in 7 of the 12 halls! In the nine year span my kids worked there - no other movie came close. That is the power of the Potter Nation!
  • What if the Avatar sequel flops? What if Cameron get's hit by a bus? At least all of the Harry Potter movies were in the can and had a proven and undeniable fan base.
  • Cameron has always seemed to me to be slightly insane - and difficult to work with. From multiple rumors he has already picked fights over the design and put the project in jeopardy. Is this the best person to stake a huge financial investment on?
  • Say what you will about the AK, but, I love the park and do not feel Avatar fits seamlessly. These are not animals, they are Blue Humanoids - I think? Someone may certainly be tempted to clear that up for me - but - save the post, I would "wiki" it if I actually was interested in the answer.

Some are in favor, others no. But, based on what I have read on multiple threads the No's equal or out-number the Yes's.

For the sake of argument let me ask you if the vote was: Should the Studio's add Harry Potter world? I would think the vote might have been 80% Yes to 20% No.

Many have suggested that Avatar be scrapped for a Aussie theme in that area. Well, again I would speculate that the Yes's would outnumber the No's. Regardless, I admit that the creation of the Aussie world may not directly influence someone's decision to rush to Orlando. But, I am not buying the notion that the Funkhouser familly from Topeka will be marking their calendar in anticipation of Avatar world.

One advantage for Disney: Renewed interest every time a new Avatar movie is released. And, this is my only thought on why Disney decided to go down the lonely Left Path (within the AK) to explore the Avatar Path.

I also agree with another Poster (from a different thread): That Left Path is really beautiful, and, does lend itself to the Avatar theme.

For those that disagree with me - to each their own. I respect your opinion.

I would really like to see Disney get out of the parks attraction thing with Avatar -- I know it was a big movie, but did it sell well to a wide variety of young and old??

Since that deal was signed, Disney became owner of the Star Wars franchise, which has very broad appeal (and for AK, maybe something to include the Ewoks?).

Ewoks, Up/Paradise Falls, Brave, even Rescuers down under could really yield some fun attractions with proper Imagineering, and fit well into AK. I could see a skyway-type ride up to the falls , or Uluru, a simulator horseback/archery journey with Merida There are possibilities...just wish I'd start hearing about some! (That DON'T involve avatar)

I enjoyed Avatar when I saw it (and I saw it in 3D, which was awesome) but I have not had the interest or motivation to watch it since it has come out on DVD/BlueRay. But AvatarLand could be more successful in continuing popularity than the movie. Kinda like the way people love Splash Mountain but don't really like Song of the South.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter