What disney cross stitch are you stitching?

my mom had a similar problem she lost the color chart and the grid guide for her cinderella castle all she did was call stoney creek and sent them a photo of what she had finished and they sent her a new guide.

Hi everyone!

I hope you don't mind me posting a question here.

My mom is considering doing the Past, Present, and Forever kit. I noticed several of you have done it.

Can you tell me if it is one you recommend/enjoyed? Was the pattern printed on the fabric? My mom prefers when it is NOT printed...?

Any feedback on this kit would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

they arne't printed on the fabric. they come on their own chart. hth

thanks disneygirl81. but i didn't get mine from stoneycreek. when your mom gets hers can you make me a color copy of it? or can anyone xerox a color copy for me? it's just really hard to stitch with out the color copy. thanks!

Ok girls, here's a good question?

I am considering trying (for the first time) cross stiching. :scared: My mother in law does it and has made some amazing pictures for our family. I am a huge Disney fan and would like to eventually tackle on the stoney creek self portrait and past, present, future. Where can you buys these? Anyone found them other than the parks? While I know both kits are not the place to start, I want to purchase them and then tackle them when my stiching improves. Anyone have a good one to start out with? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Good Morning!

I am new to Florida (just moved a bit ago from Michigan). Anyway, I found the Disney cross stitch kits and love them. However, I just found out that a few of the kits are retired....they are: The Barbershop Quartet, Family Dinner, Cinderella Castle, and Preening Pixie. Another one that is retired is the Happiest Celebration on Earth, but I already bought that one and finished it. Does anyone know where I can purchase the retired ones (already checked ebay and was only able to find the family dinner one...bid on it and waiting) or if I can't purchase the entire kit at least purchase a copy of the pattern?! I really would like to be able to complete them all for my daughter's room. Thanks so much!!!

OK, guess I should have read the rest of the messages before posting....anyway I am also willing to trade patterns with anyone if they want a copy of the ones I have for the ones I need. I have: The Happiest Celebration on Earth, 35th Anniversary Celebration and Mistletoe Kiss. Thanks :)

I keep seeing messages about an Iron on transfer.....what is that for? was it with one of the kits?

Ok girls, here's a good question?

I am considering trying (for the first time) cross stiching. :scared: My mother in law does it and has made some amazing pictures for our family. I am a huge Disney fan and would like to eventually tackle on the stoney creek self portrait and past, present, future. Where can you buys these? Anyone found them other than the parks? While I know both kits are not the place to start, I want to purchase them and then tackle them when my stiching improves. Anyone have a good one to start out with? Thanks! :thumbsup2

My first was the Self Portrait. It took 5 years :scared1: Now, I was in college and basically only had time to stitch during the summer. Too much other stuff going on the rest of the year. What I remember about that one was there was A LOT of changing threads. Some of the other kits don't have as much. Like the Mickey patriotic one, there were a lot fewer colors, so you could stitch until you used all of the piece of floss, instead of one stitch...change...2 stitches...change...one stitch...change.

The castle kits, which are unfortunately are retired, were not bad. Except they use metallic floss, which gets knotted easily. Fireman with Mickey wasn't bad. I am doing Past present, future now, but I haven't gotten far enough along to gauge. It's just so big, and completely covered with stitches.

I saw everyone posting what they have done or are working on. Since I just discovered the kits I have only completed one which is the Happiest Celebration on Earth and am finishing the outline on the 35th Anniversary one right now. I have the Mistletoe Kiss one to do next.

I love the complexity of these kits!!!

Does anyone know if the Self Portrait kit is still available? My DH wants that one. We have searched the web and can't find it.

Anyone willing to copy one for me? I can pay for copy, shipping etc. I have paypal.

We will be down at Disneyworld in 11 days.:yay:

What is the iron on part? Are these kits counted cross stitch?

My Husband does the most beautiful work. You could hang them up backwords and they would look great!

Sylvia in MN

The Self portrait was still in the shops when we went in July.

You can't really copy it as it has iron on transfers that go on it.

They are counted cross stitch and are really nice kits to do. At the moment i have done 8, number nine is partially done, out of the 14 kits.

I just started stitching the past, present and forever. I was looking for Cinderella Castle because my daughter loves the fireworks. I saw it a couple of years ago but I didn't think I could do such a large project. I finally got the courage to buy it only to find out it is retired. I wish I bought it when I saw it. Oh well.

I just purchased a new Self Portrait kit off ebay..quite expensive, but only option since it is retired....

Does anyone know where I can get a Preening Pixie one? It is retired, and I haven't found it on ebay....anyone have it and willing to trade?

I knew this would be the place to look. :)

I just discovered all the other kits out there. I have Cinderella Castle and Puppy Love right now and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with copies of Family Dinner, 35th Anniversary Celebration and Past, Present & Forever. I would be more than willing to pay for the copies and shipping.

Thanks.

Hi everyone! I just located this forum doing a search for the Disney cross stitch charts. I wonder if anyone would be willing to share with me? I have Self Portrait, which I would share too, we would have to figure out the iron on part, but that is do-able. I don't have any of the others, but would like to. I think I can receive pm's, but not sure. If you try to pm me and I don't reply, please post here... I will check often.

Thanks,
ls

:headache: I don't have anything to trade, but I would be very willing to pay for copies, postage etc if I could have some charts. I am not going to be able to go to disney until 2010, can't find any good patterns on the net and am really NEED a good project. I would appreciate anything you would be up for. Please PM me if you are interested. you may just save my sanity:scared:

hello I am new here also. I have several Disney xstich books, however I never realized how many kits were available. I have only seen the self portrait. The castle and happiest celebration I have not seen. They sound like something I would like. I would be glad also to pay for copies of the charts!:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter