What did you wish you had packed?

Totally do not bring any sort of timepiece..that way as soon as our cell phones quit working DH buys me a new Mickey Watch!

Kohls had some great Disney watches on sale last week - in their stores and online (bigger selection online) for $16-20.

And if you have some Kohl's cash or 15-30% off coupons .......:thumbsup2

Mine ended up costing $11 ! So, you know, I had to get 2! ;)

I love my Vera Bradley mini-hipster. It's so light, I just put it on and totally forget I'm wearing it.

Something I always travel with, though I don't know what you'd need them for is small zip ties. We use them to secure our bags, hold electrical cords together, and things you'd never think of.

One of the items to not forget - a digital clock. Is there a place to plug it in close to the bed or should it be battery powered?

Thanks!

A white pillow case or t-shirt, and lots of colored sharpies (or anything else similar- I'm sure there are more creative things) - leave with the reception desk and it will get signed by the characters before you leave.

that is great to know!! My kids will love it.

Can I ask why the wristlet and not a small little purse or camera bag that you can wear across your chest? That was my plan because I didn't want to have to carry or hold anything - but I wondered if there was a different reason to have a wristlet instead.

I just prefer the wristlet. It's small and light. I can carry my room key, lip balm, etc. I have a serious food allergy so I always have to have my Benadryl and EpiPen and both fit nicely in my wristlet. My camera fits in there too.

I think it's really just personal preference. I just don't want to carry a full purse with me. That's all!:)

I am sure you will be just fine with whatever you chose. Do what you are comfortable doing. :thumbsup2

One of the items to not forget - a digital clock. Is there a place to plug it in close to the bed or should it be battery powered?

Thanks!

I have a battery powered digital clock. I think it works the best, this way, you won't have to worry about plugging it in anywhere. :thumbsup2

Kohls had some great Disney watches on sale last week - in their stores and online (bigger selection online) for $16-20.

And if you have some Kohl's cash or 15-30% off coupons .......:thumbsup2

Mine ended up costing $11 ! So, you know, I had to get 2! ;)

Speak of great deals on Disney watches...if you are a Big Lots shopper, they were selling them too for about $10. Not too shabby folks! :cool1:

A collapsible storage cube that i put on the desktop, and i put all the loose ends in it, from battery charges to cameras etc. It seemed to keep things a bit more organised for us!

I also love the idea of this! I took one on our recent WDW trip to keep on the dresser. I will defiantely take it with me on our upcoming cruise. I found mine at the Dollar Tree. Great inexpensive, useful item!

- over-the-door shoe holder - I bought ours back in 2000 before our 1st cruise (based on a tip from this board) and won't cruise without it! My husband tends to hog all the space, so it usually only holds my stuff - but at least I can find what I need.
- some kind of air freshener or scent - This year I brought apple spice wax cubes (the kind you usually melt). I was glad I had them at Pop Century because we were in a room that had just been refurbed and the "smell" from the new carpet was still in the air.
- waterproof disposable camera - I used it up in the air while parasailing and my husband took it in the water for his dolphin encounter. We got some great photos and didn't have to worry about our digital camera.
- prescription meds for even occasional medical problems - Almost every time we travel to WDW my husband needs something that he didn't think he'd need and we spend a day making phone calls to doctors back home and trying to get something filled.:sad2:

Wish I had taken some aloe vera gel with me. I got sunburned while parasailing - had used lots of sunscreen but apparently the sun was just too much for my northern white skin. :confused3

next time you forget the aloe vera for sunburn - try putting some plain yogurt on the affected area at bedtime. By the next morning, you'll be painfree and takes the redness out. (You can always get the yogurt on the ship.)

Bought a battery light up candle (for night time) Packed a portable DVD player with earplugs,wore the earplugs everynight tuned out the snoring or any noise in the cabin ;)

Used DVD player at the airport & on the plane (no movie was provided)

I had packed a few of my fabric grocery bags. They came in handy for carrying the FE gifts on our assigned day. I also used the bags for dirty laundry. Easy to pack in a side pocket in our luggage.

Also, if you are planning on doing laundry, don't forget to pack your own detergent. I bought the individual packets of Tide at Target. We also used a tide pen a few times on our cruise.

Great stuff, keep them coming. I'm a first time cruiser (end of March on the Dream) and I love the tips.

I wish I had packed much, much less. I found myself wearing mostly swimsuits and coverups on the ship and on excursions, mostly. In 11 days I wore maybe 4 pair of shorts and 6 tshirts.

We took waaaay too much stuff. It just wasn't fun to travel with 6 suitcases plus carry-ons.

Whatever we wore for breakfast in the am's was on for maybe an hour -- could be re-worn several times. Didn't need a different day and dinner outifit for every day.

A highlighter for the Navigators, that way we can highlight the things that we want to do. Also, the Purex laundry sheets-no liquid- and its your detergent, fabric softner and dryer sheet all in one.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter