What did you wish you had packed?

A few things I haven't seen mentioned...

We packed our swim suits in our carry on, changed when we got on board, and had the pool all to ourselves!

If anyone gets their hair braided you must have spray on sun screen.

And (this is important) relax! I was so stressed I was going to "miss" someting I forgot this was a vacation, not work! :rotfl2:

Katherine

A few things I haven't seen mentioned...

We packed our swim suits in our carry on, changed when we got on board, and had the pool all to ourselves!

If anyone gets their hair braided you must have spray on sun screen.

And (this is important) relax! I was so stressed I was going to "miss" someting I forgot this was a vacation, not work! :rotfl2:

Katherine

Wow! That stress part sounds familiar! I can't wait to go on this cruise mainly because we know what the heck we are doing this time and know we can't do it all! :rotfl:

Also, my tip, which is not really WHAT to pack, but HOW. I swiped this idea from someone on my meet thread: For the kids I packed each days outfit in a gallon ziplock baggie and did the same for each dinner outfit. Labled them. Saved room packing and last year as they each only had a drawer or 2 they were always rummaging around in there and getting the clothes all mixed up. Now all they will have to do is pick a bag and go!

Have made constructive use of my day öff and read this thread from start to finish! Have my packing list started now for my cruise in 21 days :banana::banana:

I read some people said highlighters for Navigators what are the Navigators

The daily guide you get each night at turn-down with the next days events/happenings.

The highlighters (in different colors for different people) help you to remember what you thought you would like to do.

:cutie:

I'm always glad to have 2 swim suit coverups that double as skirts/dresses. As pp's have said, you live in your bathing suit a lot. With these, I can go to a casual breakfast or lunch and not feel out of place. I might take 3 on this cruise since they are so small. :)

We always bring $2 bills for tips, as others have mentioned.

I don't know why so many people need digital clocks to see what time it is in the middle of the night. I mean it's night time...go to sleep, geez.

Good thread though. Sounds like I need sharpies, maybe an air freshener, and a few other odds and ends.

I don't know why so many people need digital clocks to see what time it is in the middle of the night. I mean it's night time...go to sleep, geez.

Good thread though. Sounds like I need sharpies, maybe an air freshener, and a few other odds and ends.

Well, I'm sailing with my mom and my nephew who is 5 and she babysits him. I know how dark the cabins can get. After 5 DCL cruises, we like to use it as a nite light. It glows a neat blue and mobile, she can move it to the bathroom if she needs to. If ya want to put it next to your pillow you can keep reading....um..."cough" me :)

I'm a notorious "wake up what am I missing?" person. What's that noise, are we coming into port? What time is it? Mr. nephew 5 year old, when that hits 5:00 pm you need to be in the bath! Or no Captain Hook for you! :) :wizard:

Although with all due respect, I do not know what kind of clocks are on board since last January. It's like Vegas, they don't want to put clocks anywhere! ;)

I did the same ... still trying to pack with only 2 checked luggage ... was trying to make it all carry on so maybe the less clothes will help:)

I didn't read the thread and I'm sure it's been mentioned but I wish we had brought a pop up laundry hamper. We did do laundry half way through the cruise but we just put all of our dirty clothes in the corner because we had no where else to put them.

sissy_ib said:
I didn't read the thread and I'm sure it's been mentioned but I wish we had brought a pop up laundry hamper. We did do laundry half way through the cruise but we just put all of our dirty clothes in the corner because we had no where else to put them.

We used the chest that serves as a table on the Dream/ Fantasy for this purpose. It has a vent hole in the bottom and works great for dirty clothes

Agree with pack less clothes. The kids seemed to use more clothes because they changed from their swimming suits so much so I will take a few extra shorts for them.

I took a small, magnetic dry erase board and put it on our stateroom door. All the cousins left messages there for each other and for the parents as to where they were. We also got some cute messages from other passengers!

Over the door hanger a MUST!! Suction cups to hang things in the bathroom. Ziplock bags.

Waterproof landyards. You can keep your KTTW cards in there along with lip sunscreen and even a phone. These were also a must. I had gotten them for my family and told the extended family about them but they never ordered them. They were jealous when we got there and they all wanted them. We are going on our second extended family cruise and everyone informed me they already ordered them!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter