• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you pay for Feb '05--value season?

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
My mom and I are planning a trip in Feb '06 (value season) and we are trying to get an idea of what our options would be. We have narrowed down our deluxe resort choice to either Swan/Dolphin or BWI. Our moderate resort of choice would be POFQ.

My heart is saying "stay at a deluxe" but my head is saying "stay at a moderate!" :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me what you paid for a deluxe or a moderate resort in value season last year?

From what I can tell...it probably is going to be a big difference in price.

Thanks in advance!

I paid AP rate of 109.00 for AKL standard view before peak season rates hit in Feb. In contrast, I paid 109.00 for POFQ in May. Good luck, it's really a crapshoot!

goofyfordisney said:
My mom and I are planning a trip in Feb '05 (value season) and we are trying to get an idea of what our options would be. We have narrowed down our deluxe resort choice to either Swan/Dolphin or BWI. Our moderate resort of choice would be POFQ.

My heart is saying "stay at a deluxe" but my head is saying "stay at a moderate!" :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me what you paid for a deluxe or a moderate resort in value season last year?

From what I can tell...it probably is going to be a big difference in price.

Thank in advance!
I think you will have a difficult time going in Feb '05 since it already June '05. ;)

I stayed at WL for $149 + tax.(AP rate) It was a courtyard view room. Wonderful!!

Debbie

simzac:

As much as I read this post over, I missed a couple major typos! :blush:

What I meant to ask was: "what rates did you get in '05; we are going on a trip in Feb '06!!! :blush:

Yikes...well, I guess everyone knew what I meant!

I think I will go ahead and edit my original post now... :rolleyes:

We paid $151 plus tax for an AP discounted savannah view room at AKL. The way the AP discounts are going, I don't know if we'll see rates that low again, but I sure hope so!

We paid $119 for AKL standard view (upgraded to savannah view) and $135 for WL woods view (upgraded to courtyard view).

$199/night + tax for YC standard room first week of February. Comp upgrade to lagoon view. Sweet! :goodvibes

Did most of you have AP rates? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to get an AP ahead of time just in case they have AP rates available...I guess there's no more booking unless you have an AP prior to booking :confused3

We do have AAA and mom is AARP member if that helps...

On our prior trip to WDW, we orginally had booked with an AP rate and then a general code became available so we switched to that and didn't buy an AP.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!

It's looking like there's at least $100 per night difference between deluxe resorts and moderates...now we need to decide if it's worth it to stay in a deluxe or not...decisions, decisions... ;)

goofyfordisney said:
Did most of you have AP rates? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to get an AP ahead of time just in case they have AP rates available...I guess there's no more booking unless you have an AP prior to booking :confused3

We do have AAA and mom is AARP member if that helps...

On our prior trip to WDW, we orginally had booked with an AP rate and then a general code became available so we switched to that and didn't buy an AP.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!

It's looking like there's at least $100 per night difference between deluxe resorts and moderates...now we need to decide if it's worth it to stay in a deluxe or not...decisions, decisions... ;)

We had a valid AP when we booked. I am not sure how it will be the same now that there seems to be a new system in place. (best rate program on-line)
Hope this helps
Debbie

Using AP rates....
We stayed Contemporary Standard for $151 + tax AND Polynesian Garden for $214 + tax.

I also had quotes at a few other resorts with the AP code...
POR and POFQ -- Standard $79 + tax; Water View $94 + tax
WL Standard -- $109 + tax
BC Standard -- $204 + tax

ETA: I shouldn't say "quotes", but rather ressies with these rates. We changed our plans many times before we actually decided to do a split stay at two monorail resorts. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter