what did you do in Cozumel and was it a good choice

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Ok I am trying a different approach here. We only have about two weeks until I can book our excursions, have everything but cozumel figured out. We have a son who will be almost ten at the time we are there. I would like to spend some time in town shopping but would also like to do something "meaninful" to have him come away with a sence of being in Mexico. We have considered San Gervasio ruins (can this be done on your own?) Mr. Sanchos, and Playa Sol beaches.. someone help me before I run out of time to book through disney. (maybe that is a good thing? Just do it on our own??) :confused: :confused: Ann

Hi Ann. As I posted on your previous thread, your family might well enjoy Wild Tours booked on your own. This will include an ATV ride which is pure fun, kayaking, snorkeling, a stop at ONE rather small Mayan ruin which the guide ties in to other archeological sites plus an authentic Mexican lunch. Yes, education can be fun!

All the best.

For the ATV thing. I am very leary about that. My son has enough trouble with his mountain bike!

Isn't that a VERY LONG day? Also someone had said that you don't really get alot of time there??? I had written that off before but tell me about it again?

We did the kayaking. The kayaking is at Playa Sol (I think) Natl Park, which is where the Mayan women went for fertility rites. We ended up kayaking thru a small opening which opened up to a beautiful lagoon. Then we stood in waist-deep water while the guides cut-up fresh fruit and rolls. The guides floated the snacks out on a kayak and we ate and drank (sodas and water). It was beautiful...but if you go, take skin-so-soft or some type of bug stuff!!!

We did the Fury Catermeran. It was awsome. We got about an hour of snorkeling, and 1 - 1 1/2 hours of beach time. The trip out is around 1/2 hour each way. It was wonderful. We have kids 7 and 9 and they also loved it. We had time in the morning to go onshore and do some shopping before the excursion... came back to the ship, ate a quick lunch them went on the catermeran. Here's the web site: www.furycat.com . You can also do the same in Key West but I've heard the snorkeling isn't as good and there have been reports of sharks.

We rented a jeep ( not pre booked ) rode around the island. Went to Mr. Sanchos for part of the day, rode around in the jeep some more (drove past the ruins but did not stop as we have been there several times) The jeep was inexpensive(55.00) Mr sanchos was free (other than what we spent on food and drink)
We would do this again if we go on the western again.
Cozumel is small , friendly and easy to navigate. We returned the jeep in the PM, went shopping then skipped the diner on the ship and opted for a meal at Pachos Backyard GREAT FOOD!
Right by Panchos backyard is a great store to shop, I think its called Mi Casa. quality items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter