~What Desserts Are You Making For Thanksgiving~?

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
I usally make my apple and pumkin pie.........
but I am bored with that!! what are you making?

I'm making pumpkin pie--with a fresh pumpkin--and pecan pie. My SIL is making dinner so all I have to do is make the pies.

Cherry salad, double layer pumpkin pie and apple pie.

Chocolate chip cookies, brownies, 2 pumpkin pies, 1 pecan pie, 1 apple pie, 1 cherry pie. MIL is bringing a lemon meringue and a neighbor is bring a surprise dessert.

Apple Crisp
Bread Pudding w/vanilla sauce

and then, the pies.....................

pumpkin custard pie
pecan pie
apple crumb pie
chocolate truffle cream pie
banana cream pie
cherry pie

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Pumpkin Pie and Lemon Buttermilk Pie...I have to transport them 9 hours, hopefully they travel well....

Are you saying apple & pumpkin pie together or one of each?

We make cheesecake (fantastic Alton Brown recipe - highly recommended!!!!!), brownies, deep dish apple pie, and mil makes pumpkin pie and cranberry nut muffins.

one of each....apple and then pumkin. I have baked to many this year. so I was looking for some new ideas!

BACON PIE

12 slices bacon

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

1/3 cup chopped onion

2 cups milk

4 eggs

1 cup baking mix

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease glass pie plate, 10x1-1/2 inches. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in pie plate. In a medium bowl, stir milk, eggs, baking mix, and pepper with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

apple cranberry pie
chocolate cream
pumpkin
chocolate cherry trifle
mincemeat

My FIL is making apple and strwaberry rhubarb pies. My SIL is making a layered desert. I am making everything else.

Denae :sunny:

Lemon Buttermilk Pie

PAW, is this like Lemon Meringue pie?

I will be making my pumpkin pie. One brother and SIL will bring Tiramisu (the best I've ever had), and my other brother will bring one Blackout Cake. ::yes::

The pumpkin version of this recipe is wonderful and a nice Thanksgiving dessert. It's from Paula Deen of Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network.

Gooey Butter Cakes
Recipe From: The Lady and Sons – “Just Desserts”

Cake
1-18.25 oz box yellow cake mix
1-Egg
½-Cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Filling
1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2-Eggs
1-Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1-16 oz box confectioners’ sugar
½-Cup (1 stick) butter, melted.

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch-baking pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside. Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners’ sugar and beat well. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Don’t be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because oven temperatures can vary. You want the center to be a little gooey, so don’t bake it past that point! Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares. Just remember these wonderful little cakes are very, very rich and a little will go a long way even for little piggies like me.

Variations –

Pumpkin Gooey – This variation has to be at the top of my list, especially around Thanksgiving. For the cake part – I sometimes use a spice cake mix. I have even used a chocolate cake mix, but I think my favorite is the basic yellow cake mix. Follow the original recipe, adding a 15 oz can of pumpkin pie filling and an extra egg to the cream cheese filling. Bake as usual, remove from oven, and allow to cool. Cut into squares and top each square with a pecan half. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

Carrot Cake Gooey – Use a spice cake mix, and add 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 ½ cups finely grated carrots to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

Peanut Butter Gooey – Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1-cup creamy peanut butter and an extra egg to cream cheese filling. You can sprinkle the top of batter with 1 cup chopped peanuts if you like. Proceed as directed above.

Chocolate Chip Gooey – Use either yellow or chocolate cake mix. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped nuts on top of filling. Proceed as directed above.

Nutty Gooey – Use a yellow cake mix and add 1 cup chopped nuts to the cake mixture. Proceed as directed above.

Chippy Gooey – Stir 1 cup white chocolate chips, peanut butter chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, Heath almond Toffee bits, or Heath Milk chocolate toffee bits into filling. Proceed as directed above.

I dont like pie so I am bringing a carrot cake for dessert to my cousins house and also a spinach artichoke dip.

Definitely making pumpkin pie. Probably buying a Chocolate Fudge Pie from Ukrop's (grocery store).

I'm also thinking of making a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

We're having apple, pumpkin, and cherry pies. I'm making a creampuff dessert that is a family favorite, I call it eclair cake because it reminds me of an eclair since the "crust" is basically made out of the same stuff. It's a pastry eclair/creampuff crust, then you make instant chocolate pudding mixed with cream cheese to spread on top of the (baked crust) and top with cool whip. It's simple and really really good. I might also make my marble cheesecake, I haven't decided yet because I have so many other things to make.

disney4us2002....is there somewhere online I can get that Alton Brown cheesecake recipe?

I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake and buying a Key Lime pie. My SIL is making an apple and cherry pie and bringing it, so we'll have plenty of variety.

Originally posted by thatchicktrish
We're having apple, pumpkin, and cherry pies. I'm making a creampuff dessert that is a family favorite, I call it eclair cake because it reminds me of an eclair since the "crust" is basically made out of the same stuff. It's a pastry eclair/creampuff crust, then you make instant chocolate pudding mixed with cream cheese to spread on top of the (baked crust) and top with cool whip. It's simple and really really good. I might also make my marble cheesecake, I haven't decided yet because I have so many other things to make.

disney4us2002....is there somewhere online I can get that Alton Brown cheesecake recipe?

My grandmother in law makes that eclair dessert - OMG, it is so good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter