What day of the week for which parks?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Is there a site that shows data for which days of the week are best (or worst?) for each specific park? Looking for a Fall trip and trying to plan which days to do to which parks?

Of course maybe past rules are thrown out this year?

From what I've researched, it's more like 'which month' as opposed to which day of the week.

From what I've researched, it's more like 'which month' as opposed to which day of the week.
I would say that is even harder as every month is crowded really. There is no true slow time at Disney. Sure, December may be busier than January but both are still quite busy.

IMO, it really doesn't matter. I think all those sites that claim to have some special formula about knowing that Epcot is better on a Tuesday and AK is better on a Wednesday (unless it's a full moon, in which case you invert that order in reverse :D ) are nonsense. There are some basics that I think are pretty simple. Weekends are busier than weekdays. Holidays are busier than non-holidays. MK is generally the busiest park, regardless of day. Beyond that, I say just go to the parks you want on the days you want. We've probably been to the parks in every possible combination over the years...AK on a Tuesday, Epcot on a Friday, etc...and I'd honestly be lying if I said I noticed any real difference beyond the points I mentioned above.

So my answer is pick what is best for your group. Know that if you pick MK on a weekend, it'll be busy, but if you're OK with that (we are) then great. If you pick MK on a holiday weekend, you're insane. :D Just kidding, we've done it and lived to tell.

Mondays are usually busy because a lot of people check in on Sunday and start going to the parks on Monday.

You said FALL - so - I think you need to know what the MK parties are and that F&W brings in bigger crowds on the weekend at EP.

In the fall during F&W, I AVOID EP on weekends.

If I am GOING to a party at MK (either MNSSHP or MVMVP) - or if I have an AP/PH - I will go to MK on a party day. I will also go to MK on a party day if I plan on starting at rope drop and have plans for either a nice dinner or Disney Springs in the evening to account for the short day. If I have just a short trip - and I'm not going to a party - I will join the crowds at the full park day during my trip that doesn't have a party. It's crowded - but the hours are the longest - so I cope!

Otherwise - I just book based on EMHs, what I feel like, how long my trip is, etc.

Another thought to throw out there is - if you can - planning trips to HS and AK later in your trip to have a better chance of grabbing FP's for the top rides when your window opens up. Depending on the length of your trip, if this dovetails nicely it can work out great!

Are you using Extra Magic Hours? If not, then most people will plan to visit the parks that are not offering EMH. What about the Halloween party. If you want to see night time shows at MK, then you will be limited to the days you can go because of the parties (unless you are doing one of them). Agree about Food & Wine. Unless you are a big drinking family, we avoid EPCOT on FRI/SAT night. Ok during the day on Saturday until around 3:00, then it starts to get crazy.

MK tends to be best on a TUE or WED
Work in the others around that
Also great advice on FP. The DHS and AK attractions go quickly, and are often not available at 60 days out.

If you're going during F&W, avoid Epcot on Fri/Sat night. Other than that, I really don't think it matters which park you visit on which day! Just have a good plan and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter