What dark ride would you most like to see with the lights on?

Yeah ... I've done SM with the lights on and unlike some of you I was more fascinated than terrified. I'd like to do the same with Rockin Roller Coaster.
I was definitely fascinated when I SAW it with the lights on, but was terrified (like some have said - just SO feels like you're going to hit your head, even if you know it ain't so!) the one time I RODE it with the lights on!

I've never gotten to ride SM with the lights on. I've only seen it from the People Mover. It's basically a wild mouse coaster. Those are always scary when you can see what's happening.

I'm curious for those of you who have ridden SM with the lights on, did it take away any of the magic for you? Or, having seen the spots where it looks like your head will hit, does it make it that much more scary when you have gone back to lights off?

Haunted Mansion, for sure, but I'd also like to see Expedition Everest. I was fascinated by the process they went through to engineer and build it and I'd like a really good look at the Yeti.

Haunted Mansion, for sure, but I'd also like to see Expedition Everest. I was fascinated by the process they went through to engineer and build it and I'd like a really good look at the Yeti.
There is an old tv special you can find on YouTube where it shows the building of Everest.

Yeah ... I've done SM with the lights on and unlike some of you I was more fascinated than terrified. I'd like to do the same with Rockin Roller Coaster.
I saw a video of Space Mountain with the lights on - it actually made me much less terrified of riding it realizing that a lot of what I was experiencing was "magic" (as opposed to the 60 mph looping coasters that freak me out at, say, Six Flags).

I'm curious for those of you who have ridden SM with the lights on, did it take away any of the magic for you? Or, having seen the spots where it looks like your head will hit, does it make it that much more scary when you have gone back to lights off?
Good question. I have to say that, for me, it fascinated me to see it - both SEEING it with the lights on (from the WEDWAY - yes, I STILL call it that!) :), and RIDING it the one time I did, and did not take any of the magic away for me. Nor has doing any "behind the scenes" tours, or learning more about the company, the history, the parks, etc. I'm able to still see the big picture, and have a great time, even with the curtains pulled back. And now that I've had spinal surgery, and can no longer ride those types of rides, I'm SO glad I experienced all that, now that I can't. I will never get to ride randomized TZTOT, RNRC, Everest, or anything in DinoLand, and that sometimes makes me very sad, if I let it.

Haunted Mansion would be completely ruined with the lights on. I've seen a few photos and that's plenty.

Spaceship Earth seems like it would be terrifying. I don't know how much of each level is blocked off like floors on a building, but dang you are high up in the middle.

My vote would be for Pirates.

I would love to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. During my CP, they held an event for us where you got to ride SM with the lights on - but I didn't go! Never realized how rare that opportunity would be.

Riding an attracting with the lights on would kind of ruin the magic for me but on the other hand I hope that the lights are on for Space Mountain whenever I am riding the Peoplemover.

I would definitely like to do Peter Pan's Flight with the lights on. I don't think it would be particularly fascinating, but I am curious. Also, Haunted Mansion would be fun. And actually I would love to walk through the HM, so I could actually stop and look for long periods of time at each room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter