What covid test method for embarkation?

I'm an ER nurse and have given covid tests for a year. We have two types. A rapid and a PCR. The PCR is the deep swab, the rapid is the nostril swab. I don't know if they're different at other places.

Bigger hurdle now is that the US requires anyone traveling internationally to have a PCR test within 3 days before they return to the US. Which means the ship would have to test passengers and be “stuck” with passengers who test positive. Not likely cruises will sail at US ports until that hurdle clears. But if they do, that might limit test options as you’d have to accept whatever they have on board.

At the moment only international AIR travelers require a test. Could it be part of return to travel rules for ships - yes. But US doesn't require a test for sea or especially land entry for now.

Thank you for this - I have allergy and sinus issues, so the thought of some of these nasal swab tests I've seen on the news kind of freaked me out. Something like you describe would be fine though.

The nasal swab for this test is like 1/2 a Q-tip which you swab just inside nose. I'm currently getting tested twice a week and super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter