What comes with concierge cabin?

FairestOfThemAll37

DIS Veteran
I had a hard time finding all the details online. What perks come with a concierge cabin?

After our quick 3-day we were talking about how much we really do like the Disney ships. So, I looked up a few European itineraries when we got back to see if anything matched our planned trip in the fall.

The closest itinerary for the one bedroom suite was $31,485 for two people! For that much you could easily have a suite on a luxury line that includes excursions, airfare (business class), and fine dining. I'm not even a "I would never spend that much on a vacation" type, I just can't see a mass market cruise line being of value at all at that price.

What the heck do you get on DCL that can command that price?!?

The 1BR prices on DCL in Europe are crazy and not worth it IMHO. We sail Concierge in the Caribbean but we go back to our old trusty family deluxe verandah when across the pond. On our next 12-nights British Isles, our saving is 23k$.

The perks of Concierge, in addition to having your private hosts, are mainly free cocktail hours and coffee, priority embarkation and disembarkation, shoreside Concierge services, priority booking of adventures (they rarely sell out in Europe...). There are threads with complete lists of perks, but at those prices, I also will switch to Crystal or Seabourn and expect business class flights and Limo transfers.

quote "What the heck do you get on DCL that can command that price?!?" quote

Pixie Dust :)

Look into NCL, MSC, RCCL, IMO

Unless of course $ is endless.

What's interesting is most of those concierge level cabins may sell for that extortionate price.

Good Luck

Lesson; Buy DCL stock on dips. :duck:

Last edited:

Heck, I don't even know why people pay for Haven on NCL.

Regarding NCL. The following applies to NCL not DCL;

Separate restaurant on new builds is a major consideration among some sailors.

Also on the new builds the vessels tend to busy, crowed, loud, lido deck space crowed, with loungers jammed together, and some prefer to pay for a chance at serenity.
Which admittedly is occasionally a bust. The peaceful Haven area that is.

YMMV

Aren't choices wonderful.

:)

What the heck do you get on DCL that can command that price?!?

I can't think of anything.

The lounge has snacks beyond all the included food you can get onboard.
Unless they changed the lounge to Dasani as well, they have 500ml bottles of Evian.
They stock the lounge fridge with sodas.
There's an espresso machine that makes seriously questionable (IMO and I'm the only one with this opinion, I think) cappucinos.
Two cocktail hours (basically one for each seating but it's not like they check your dining time LOL) that are included.
Chat with the hosts to take care of Guest Services type needs.
Best way to get a cabana (which of course costs even more money).
They can book things for you ahead of time.
The sun deck. Where they generally have a private meet/greet. We've gotten Stitch each time.

Our first concierge cruise was a 3-night on Dream in a category V for 2160, which was a whole 380 more than the 4B we had previously booked. Our second concierge cruise was a 4-night on Dream in a category V for 2758.

So 31K is just beyond my comprehension for a 7 night vacation. Not matter how much Evian and espresso I can drink. :)

I can't think of anything. .....

I have be following this board for at least 7 years and never heard you post this way about CL service before.

Nor any service so negatively for that matter before. On any vessel.

Your posts are almost asking for .... ? ? ? A rebuttal.

What's up? ? ?

As many stated prior, we are sympathetic to your less that stellar Dream CL experience.
Others have had them too. You are not alone. Nor will you ever be.
What can you expect in 3 or 4 days.

Others have had worse on far longer sailings. Think TA and PC.

I just sense the need to express and share another POV.

I am all for another perspective and whatnot.

It's also great to keep expectation in check, which you have done religiously.
And I support whole hardheartedly.

You remind me of myself somewhat, regarding barking about Sandy. lol.

Look, every sailing will be different for many reasons as pros know.

Embrace it, learn, and move on to the next vessel.

Make new fresh disturbing memories.

At least that is our philosophy.

Safe Sails

ETA: I won't mention it again, ever fwiw.

Last edited:

Bear, we've been on more cruises since then. Continued to experience the same or better service than we have gotten in dcl concierge (though if Wensdae were still with dcl cl it would be different for me).

And the main thing imo that's different about how I've posted is to mention exactly how much we paid. I know those costs will never come back. But nothing has been added other than the lounge to the classics and a hot tub to the sun deck.

There was a recent post where the expectation *seemed to be* that there would be two people waiting on each stateroom. There seems to be a mythology starting about concierge level on dcl and I don't want anyone to be disappointed. Especially after paying today's prices. Can't get that money back.

31k for a one week cruise????

There's another thing you get. A large-ish lithograph.

[And that was where the weirdness with the considered-fabulous host came in, that I mentioned in the other thread and I think Bear is alluding to. The host came over and was talking to my son with the big fake excited voice some grownups do for 4 year olds. He has a surprise and this is exciting and what do you think it is. And then it was the lithograph. Which isn't a surprise. And my son could seriously not care less about such things.

Also my son was 10. Not 4. And does not like people talking down to him, which Andy was doing.]

But the lithograph is a perk. Not sure where ours are. In a big cardboard sleeve somewhere I'm sure. It's not something we value.

The prices for Europe and some longer Caribbean cruise in prime season are ridiculous! IMHO!

We were able to cruise Concierge in 2014 for the first time on the Dream. It was a 3 night at the end of August. We lucked out weather was perfect no storms. We stayed at WDW, OKW for a few days prior, along with 4 nights at VB resort, then onto our first Concierge Cruise. It only cost us about $3200 for a family of 5 in a Family Verranda cabin.
We booked a Cabana for Castaway.

We loved it and will do it again in the future. The price was right to find out what all the hoopla is all about. We loved the lounge and all its perks. We loved being able to plan early. We even got the call from Shore Concierge Staff and they were great at helping in our planning and getting what we wanted. The Cabana, table to ourselves and our Palo Dinner.

We would love to do a 1 bedroom, but for our budget it would have to be a short cruise in the off season, but that okay with us.

Now if money was not an option. I would always book Concierge. Happy planning.

There's another thing you get. A large-ish lithograph.

[And that was where the weirdness with the considered-fabulous host came in, that I mentioned in the other thread and I think Bear is alluding to. The host came over and was talking to my son with the big fake excited voice some grownups do for 4 year olds. He has a surprise and this is exciting and what do you think it is. And then it was the lithograph. Which isn't a surprise. And my son could seriously not care less about such things.

Also my son was 10. Not 4. And does not like people talking down to him, which Andy was doing.]

But the lithograph is a perk. Not sure where ours are. In a big cardboard sleeve somewhere I'm sure. It's not something we value.

I am laughing....I had the same experience with Andy. He did his seem act to me, a grown woman. The lithograph is nice, but wow what a production to give us the gift. I gave to my nieces, it was Cinderalla. I have grown boys.

I just told my husband about your comment. He said, who, Aandee. You know how he prounces his name.

Now don't get me wrong, he did a great job, but a little dramatic sometimes. Over the top .

Consider the Sept DCL cruises they are a far bit cheaper if you can do it.
This! I so miss the days that we could book in September...now we are relegated to June and all of the holiday weeks and paying twice as much!! Stinkin' kids and their school commitments :sad2:

Thanks for all the info and perspectives! It sounds (more or less) like the same perks you get on any other mainstream line.

For that, I just cannot pay that much. I'm still kind of floored that they can get those prices.

Unfortunately the closest itinerary to what we want was only available in July which, no doubt, contributes to the higher cost.

We will stick to our plan for this year, which is to go Royal (in a suite) and then do their Private Journeys for our excursions.

I hear great things about the DCL concierge so maybe I'll get in gear and book one of the shorter cruises enough in advance to snag a concierge cabin.

we love concierge and would do it every time if the pricing allowed it but since we do 3-4 cruises a year, we alway have to do one or two in a verandah room to keep the costs in check.

I am laughing....I had the same experience with Andy. He did his seem act to me, a grown woman. The lithograph is nice, but wow what a production to give us the gift. I gave to my nieces, it was Cinderalla. I have grown boys.

I just told my husband about your comment. He said, who, Aandee. You know how he prounces his name.

Now don't get me wrong, he did a great job, but a little dramatic sometimes. Over the top .

You know, if you are alone with Andy in the lounge , you can sit with him and have a normal conversation. No drama. No production. It's Disney. It's all a show.

Now that's funny.

On our first DCL cruise, which was concierge, they just left it in the room. I liked that a LOT more.

You know, if you are alone with Andy in the lounge , you can sit with him and have a normal conversation. No drama. No production. It's Disney. It's all a show.

I swear it was just me and my kid in the lounge at the time. I never saw him not "on".

Now, Ashley (?), I had a normal conversation with him.

Now that's funny.

On our first DCL cruise, which was concierge, they just left it in the room. I liked that a LOT more.

I swear it was just me and my kid in the lounge at the time. I never saw him not "on".

Now, Ashley (?), I had a normal conversation with him.

That's too bad. My father and I sat with him one night and talked about Germany for about half an hour. Maybe it was the the kids presence? My DD still laughs about him saying "Hocus Pocus" (Long story).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter