what comes with conceirge/club

when you say planning services what does that mean...? I was there in August and they made reservations for us at AKV Conceirge desk and cancelled a few things for us.. and we were not staying club level. Is it worth the extra DVC points to stay conceirge..?

when you say planning services what does that mean...? I was there in August and they made reservations for us at AKV Conceirge desk and cancelled a few things for us.. and we were not staying club level. Is it worth the extra DVC points to stay conceirge..?

If you book into concerige, you will be contacted in advance of your stay and they will make ressies for dining, tours etc for you. Conceirge guests have an advantage in getting ressies for the things in high demand over non concerige guests. Also, at AKL there is a safari that is only available to be book if you are staying as a concerige guest.....as to value?....I've never used points for this, only as cash stays - I thought it would worth it a couple of times but as for every trip or visit I would say no - at least to me, not worth the points.

You have the ability to book the Sunset Safari -- before AK opens, and then a breakfast in a private room at Pizzafari. This is a great experience. We actually saw and heard the male lion *chuffing*, a way of letting others know his territory in the am.

You are also eligible for a reduced price on the Wanyama or Sunset Safari which includes a meal at Jiko with wine pairings.

The views from the DVC club level rooms have roof obstructions, but we've booked a studio twice. YMMV

You have the ability to book the Sunset Safari -- before AK opens, and then a breakfast in a private room at Pizzafari. This is a great experience. We actually saw and heard the male lion *chuffing*, a way of letting others know his territory in the am.

You are also eligible for a reduced price on the Wanyama or Sunset Safari which includes a meal at Jiko with wine pairings.

The views from the DVC club level rooms have roof obstructions, but we've booked a studio twice. YMMV

Sunrise Safari, not Sunset Safari, at Pizzafari (it's not at Tusker House anymore??). Sunset Safari goes on the AKL/AKV property with dining at Jiko.

what type of food is offered to the guesting staying concierge... is it light snacks and drinks throughout the day..?

what type of food is offered to the guesting staying concierge... is it light snacks and drinks throughout the day..?

If you go over to the Resorts board, you can look at the AKL FAQ or the Concierge/Club Level FAQ (check the stickies @ the top of the board) and get lots more information and photos.

If you have AKV points and can get a studio right at 11 months it is quite a good deal (and why demand is so high for those 5 units).

thanks! we are actually looking into a 2 br.. for 311 points.. in a value 2 bedroom which I think we can can get bc it is our home resort.. it is 165 points.. I have to weigh out if it is worth the extra points.. We have stayed here and loved it but it feels very isolated..and not sure if we want to do 5 nights here oppose to the 3 we have done in the past.

Thank you for this thread! these are the exact questions/answers I have been looking for!
Years ago, we had stayed at the Polynesian concierge and the food was tremendous! I was hoping for the same at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter