What chapter?? (HP) NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

I just finished it a few minutes ago. Sigh.

I loved it - definitely my favorite.

I read about half of it last night after work, then brought it to work with me today (my customers were SO annoying - why did they keep coming in - didn't they know what day it was!?) I ended up tearing up at the death at the midpoint. My coworker was making fun of me. I just wiped my eyes and said "You just don't understand."

I thought she did a fantastic job - answering so many questions while still setting up new plot for this book. So so good!

I finished it yesterday also, and wow, really worth the wait in lines! Not so happy with my Barnes & Noble, though. They started handing out the bracelets at 6:00 Friday evening and we got there about 6:05. and waited in line for an HOUR, just to get our number. And of course I didn't reserve bc there didn't seem to really be a point so we got a number to be a "walk-in" which goes after ALL the reserved! So we went and did the fun stuff with the kids then waited in the lines at 12:00 to actually buy the book, and after waiting 45 minutes my husband decided to go to walmart. He walked right in, picked it up and checked out-no wait or anything! By the time he got back to pick me up (I had stayed in line just in case) our line had finally started moving but it was just to get in the "Real" line which was still going to be an hour or so wait! I was so mad because they didn't say anything about any kind of priority for reserved people and so all the people behind me that reserved books got to go ahead of me :(
So, lesson learned. not that i'll ever have a chance now that the series is done.
Anyways, seriously awesome book and I do think there are some things that still could have been explained. I really really wish there was going to be more!

Oh PIT, that's tough. I have always reserved a copy because my B&N does not guarantee a copy if you're not reserved. They had the two bands too - reserved and not. I was at B&N at 6:30 and I got in line at 10:45 - people started the line to buy books at 4:30! and sat there til Midnight! I was out the door at 12:20.

A friend and I went to see the movie Sunday morning, then I thought of some things I needed at WalMart and of course, had to see if they had the book! LOL They had marked it down to $16.19 - more than 50% off the list price - and how do you pass up a sale!?!

I'm on Chapter 12. It's bittersweet reading - I'm a fast reader and her books read fast but I'm torn between wanting to know and taking my time since it's the very last book.

It took me a little under 8 hours to read but, unfortunately, that wasn't straight through. I had a crop on Saturday so I took time off for that.

This one seemed to read really fast. The first death really got to me and just seemed so unnecessary. I love how she tied up the ends. I WANT MORE HP BOOKS!!!!

Got my book Sat morning--had a pink wristband at borders--so was home about 1:15 a.m. Read till 5 a.m, then slept for a while. Read the rest on Saturday.

DS is at boy scout camp til this Saturday and it is killing him that I am already done! We had parent's day yesterday. He and several other scouts tried to get who died, what happened out of me, but no dice!

DH did not get why I wanted to read the book and finish on Saturday. Had to explain it is the last book--that is what you do--didn't want to hear spoilers, etc. NOt sure he got it, but he let me read!

Loved the book!!!:thumbsup2

We went to Borders at 9am on Friday to get our wrist bands (orange) and went back at 9:30 to the party and were out by 12:15 very easy and quick. Stayed up till 6 2 nites (worked during the day) and finished. It was a really great book!

We had to get 2 copies, one for me and 1 for DH. My mom thought that was nuts but we wanted to read it at the same time!

We went to our local b&n at 6:30 and at 7 they started giving out wrist bands. We were in C group. We went home and caught a nap. At 11:30 we went back. At 12 they called group A and a couple minutes later they called group C (we found out that there was no group B). We were out by 12:05. Ds2 had his book light and started reading. He came down about 6:30, had breakfast and finished it by 10 AM with a couple hours of sleep.. I finished it yesterday and ds1 is now reading it.

I loved the book and how it was finished.

For those still reading have fun.

i heard a gal that works at B&N say that they weren't allowed to say how many books they had to sell, just that they received double the number reserved. Last time they didn't give any preference to pre-orders or anything, just what ever number you got, we were out really quick last time. They also let you buy all your books at the same time, line went fast. This year, however, you could only buy HP7, and line went extremely slow. Really weird. And I still wish it was like 1000 pages longer! oh well, sigh

I really planned on making the book last, but it just jumped right into the action, there was no putting it down!

by the way, had I figured out "prettyintink" (which is my vmk character title) initials were PIT, I might have thought twice about it!:rolleyes:

Just finished. WOW!!! Just.......WOW!!!

I can't wait til everyone is finished.

stupid question but does anyone else read the book in a British accent in your head???? I have, from book one. I know, I'm weird. :rotfl2:

Done! Dh finished it last night. We read all but the last chapter and the end aloud. Would have read those aloud too but I just couldn't stay awake last night. My eyes were literally falling closed and I kept missing bits. I couldn't ask him not to read the last chapter though. So, he finished last night and I just finished, I opened it as soon as I was up and Owen was fed.

Good ending! I was really worried that I'd be disapointed, but I'm not. Now I'm just mourning the fact that there won't be any more.

I do too, but I blame that on knowing that's the way the characters speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter