What Broadway Shows for this season are you looking forward to?

No plans to get to NYC this year, but looking forward to some shows coming to our town with our touring Broadway season package, including Hamilton (next summer), Waitress, Love Never Dies and On Your Feet, plus Rent, which will be the third or fourth time we've seen it, although it's been a while. :)

Ugh, I am on PINS AND NEEDLES waiting for some ROMAN HOLIDAY details! Stephanie Styles was just in the California production, and she's literally one of my favorite people alive. Hello, Dolly! with the Divine Miss M was incredible, but War Paint and Bandstand were disappointing.

Sad to hear Warpaint was disappointing.

Got Hamilton tickets in Chicago in October

Me too! I'm going to see it in Sept, can not wait! My mom, sis and I were planning a Chicago trip around the UGA/Notre Dame game, and she surprised me with Hamilton for my birthday :) So excited

Warpaint looked pretty underwhelming from the performance at the Tonys, to be honest.

Last edited:

Patti and Christine were amazing, but the score and book left a lot to be desired. Very, very slow moving show with pretty music that I wish was a bit more memorable.

Sad to hear that from a show that put together two powerhouses capable of bringing it and seemed a callback to older, I guess more classic Broadway shows. It's fun to watch the style evolve, but honestly sometimes if I'm just listening to a lot of Broadway tunes the old standbys really hold up for the lush orchestration and arrangements.

It's closing Sept 3. It was one of the shows we saw this past May. The whole family loved it and Josh Groban was excellent.
I had no plans to see it. I was frightened to see it. War and Peace is a big book. And Russian Literature is notoriously difficult

I had no plans to see it. I was frightened to see it. War and Peace is a big book. And Russian Literature is notoriously difficult

We didn't either. But we were looking for another show and my daughter is a big Josh Groban fan. Conet was based on "only" 70 pages though. It was an interesting show to say the least but the set design was fantastic. I'm sorry you missed it but definitely understand your concerns. I think it was something you either loved or... didn't. :rolleyes1

We didn't either. But we were looking for another show and my daughter is a big Josh Groban fan. Conet was based on "only" 70 pages though. It was an interesting show to say the least but the set design was fantastic. I'm sorry you missed it but definitely understand your concerns. I think it was something you either loved or... didn't. :rolleyes1

I saw Hamilton last year and coming from Australia its also a big flight

We saw Miss Saigon on Saturday and LOVED it! Wish we could have seen "Hello Dolly," but tickets were sold out. I'd like to see My Fair Lady and M. Butterfly. Last year I wanted to see The King and I, but was outvoted. Oh well...

Does anyone know what shows will get Broadway revivals this season (2017-22018)?

I got an e-mail advertising the revival of Carousel, which I think was a 1940's musical. Opens in late winter. I've heard of it, but know nothing about the story.

Also a revival of My Fair Lady in the spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter