what baby sling do you recommend

I got my beco and def. recomend. I'm still trying to get the hang of it but wow. I like the back carry, I didn't think I would. Although I would have to plan my outfit for that. Makes my belly stick out...sigh. The one thing I am finding is I dont know what to do w/ her arms. When she has them out it looks like the strap is smothering her arm. And the shoulder straps are not fitting flat on the front of my shoulders. I have more adjusting to do yet. It is ALOT more comfortable than the cheapo carriers. AND OMG your genius. Babylegs, I got those! Never would have thought of it.thanks!

What is the difference between the Beco and the Ergo? They look pretty much identical. :confused3

What is the difference between the Beco and the Ergo? They look pretty much identical. :confused3

The concept is the same - I find the Ergo to be bulkier, but sturdier. The back is lower than the beco, it has a pocket.

The Beco - comes in pretty colors, the Butterfly version has an infant seat installed in it, so it's easier to get on your back (I don't like this version, personally - as I don't like the fabric that falls between my body and baby - makes it harder to nurse!) It has a higher back than the Ergo.

I have both and like them about the same - though recently I've been reaching for my ergo more.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up finding a Babyhawk Mei Tai at a huge consignment sale yesterday! More than I wanted to spend for used ($45), but it was cheaper than I see them going for on ebay right now. I really wanted a Beco or Ergo (just looked quicker to take on and off at the rides), but found a Mei Tai (luckily with boy colors). And everyone on here seemed really pleased with them. So we'll give it a try:)

for Disney? We'll be taking our then-to-be 10 month old son in April. He'll probably be around 22 pounds by then. I've never used any kind of sling or carrier before, because our 4 year old daughter has always loved a stroller. But he doesn't. And I don't really want to be holding him in my arms waiting in lines. I have no idea what kind to buy. Want something safe, easy to use, and not expensive. Thanks.

We have a gently used Baby Bjorn that we absolutely love and might be willing to part with - noticed you are in TN and not sure where Arlington is though? We are outside of Nashville.

I carried my son throughout Disney for 2 trips in an Ergo. I'm 5'2' and on the small side. He weighed 24 lbs for the 1st trip (and it was 95+ degrees the whole time) and 28 lbs for the second. I love, love, love my Ergo.
I had a Baby Bjorn for the older 2 and it was awful. The Ergo rocks!!!

Amanda

I just started a new thread on this, but then I found this one on baby wearing! Lots of good info. on here so far.

Has anyone tried a Slingling? I like how compact and versitale it looks. It would be for my DD who will be 2 1/2 and about 24 lbs. when we go.

Woo! I got a never-used, Organic Ergo off of FreeCycle! Yeay! :cool1: I love it and Lil is super happy on my back.

I'm 5'2" and on the small frame side, so I do find it difficult to tighten the Ergo down enough to feel secure. The shoulder straps feel too loose to me, but I think that could be because I'm more used to wraps and the MT. Both wraps and the MT are tied very tightly around my body. The Ergo seems to be ok with more give.

I had a Bjorn, but after reading all of the negative things about it (spinal compression & nerve damage due to the baby hanging by their crotch) and that they can only be used for front carry's, I switched to wraps and the MT.

I still want to get a solerveil wrap. They just sound so nice and cool!

I just bought an Ergo for our trip at the end of the month w/ my DS. He's 22lbs and it kills my back to hold/carry him. The Ergo feels great! Love the babylegs idea! I'll have to put ours on there.

FYI- If you have a Buy Buy Baby, they took 20% off my Ergo w/ a Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter