What are your feeling on the temperature check being removed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm OK with it. I don't think the scanners were very accurate or were calibrated on the lower side. I never scanned above 98 degrees. Once I scanned 96.8. Also, with the "cool down" tents, someone who was borderline could go "cool down" and then would be admitted.

6 feet or 3 feet doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I was slightly worried before because I live with higher risk people, but we've all been vaccinated. I'd be there tomorrow if I could!

We use the forehead temp guns at work and they are constantly wrong.

I've been submitting daily temp logs for one of our jobsites since April, 2020. 5 or 6 days per week, steady since then. We've gone thru several different guns. Half of the time we have oddly low readings, they aren't very consistent. I am hoping the owner of the site will soon allow us to cease the daily temp logs.

However, the change from 6 feet to 3 feet for distancing does seem like a big deal. Having the 6 feet of spacing really did help make us feel safer, and is one reason we made two trips during Covid.

When did you go? I went in March and by day two I realized that social distancing wasn't going to happen. I couldn't even sit on the sides of paths without getting my shoes stepped on.

I think it is great. With vaccines readily available I do not see why restrictions are not lifted across the board June 1. If you have the vaccine you can't give or get Covid. If you do not want a vaccine that is a choice but those that have had should be able to return to normal. If vaccines were not available I would say wait a bit BUT vaccines are available so undo restrictions.

Last edited:
I think it is great. With vaccines readily available I do not see why restrictions are not lifted across the board June 1. If you have the vaccine you can't give or get Covid. If you do not want a vaccine that is a choice but those that have had should be able to return to normal. If vaccines were not available I would say wait a bit BUT vaccines are available so resend restrictions.
The vaccines are not 100% effective...but rather in the 90-ish% range. So you can still get COVID after being vaccinated...but for the most part, it'll be a mild case.

That being said, nobody under the age of 16 can currently be vaccinated (that could change next week to age 12), and the last time I checked, a significant number of guests of theme parks are under that age. So I'm good with keeping all preventive measures that work in place until the pandemic is much closer to being over. (And since thermometer checks are more theater than prevention, I'm fine with retiring that one...)

The vaccines are not 100% effective...but rather in the 90-ish% range. So you can still get COVID after being vaccinated...but for the most part, it'll be a mild case.

That being said, nobody under the age of 16 can currently be vaccinated (that could change next week to age 12), and the last time I checked, a significant number of guests of theme parks are under that age. So I'm good with keeping all preventive measures that work in place until the pandemic is much closer to being over. (And since thermometer checks are more theater than prevention, I'm fine with retiring that one...)
Yes, I should have been more specific: 94 to 95 percent range and mild not death-like cases per the CDC and vaccine companies. Personal opinion - I would not vaccinate my young child for Covid based on the science and numbers of severe cases that have been reported. You are so correct that significant numbers of WDW guests are under the age of 16. However, being an educator and speaking with parents, I think preventative measures will never go away if we count on this age group to be vaccinated. This could vary by location in the country. all public and parochial schools in our county have been open since last August.

Last edited:
I always felt this was unnecessary and gave people a false sense of security.
We use the forehead temp guns at work and they are constantly wrong.
I am glad they are removing it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.we...cing-starting-thursday-officials-say/36345409
I agree. I think they were a false sense of security and never really trusted the readings as ones i've encountered are often way off, usually well under where it likely is. Feel it was more likely to get someone barred entry incorrectly than keeping someone sick actually out. So think this will be good to help speed up the entry process.

It's all just theater as the CDC and experts eventually admit
End of the second page and finally someone came out and said it!

If you do not want a vaccine that is a choice but those that have had should be able to return to normal
Brave statement. Prepare to get torched by our disboard medical experts!

I've been submitting daily temp logs for one of our jobsites since April, 2020. 5 or 6 days per week, steady since then. We've gone thru several different guns. Half of the time we have oddly low readings, they aren't very consistent. I am hoping the owner of the site will soon allow us to cease the daily temp logs.
The handheld guns are very consistent, consistently low. They are worthless. I was 97.1 with gun at work, 45 min later at home I found out I was 100.4 with Covid.

Love it! One more step to normal. Normal is coming faster than some are ready for!
I admire your optimism! However, some will hold on to this crisis to the very end. A lack of common sense is a powerful thing! Give us 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Feels like yesterday we were hearing that little troll say that. 14 months later he is still doing television interviews.

Heard that Universal also starting using single rider lines again and searing every row and seat for rides and shows!
I really hated the rides skipping a seat. I get not putting a stranger right next to you but we would have these crazy long lines because we skipped a seat or ran them empty to dry sanitizer.
One thing I loved was, universal made you use hand sanitizer. Disney had the machines out ,but every time I tried to use it it was empty.
As a lot of people are not big on the mask mandate, this past year was the first year my family did not have strep or any other kind of funky illness. I am thankful for that.

End of the second page and finally someone came out and said it!

Brave statement. Prepare to get torched by our disboard medical experts!

The handheld guns are very consistent, consistently low. They are worthless. I was 97.1 with gun at work, 45 min later at home I found out I was 100.4 with Covid.

I admire your optimism! However, some will hold on to this crisis to the very end. A lack of common sense is a powerful thing! Give us 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Feels like yesterday we were hearing that little troll say that. 14 months later he is still doing television interviews.
It really is simple, if you are scared about 6 feet or masks then wear one or don't go. We need to get back to normal. Stop telling people to wear a mask because you are scared. The CDC even admitted 6 feet is no different than 60.
For the temp, working healthcare I have to get checked daily and the other day I was at 91. Told the person taking my temp to call the morgue cause I was apparently dead. 91 degrees? HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter