What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you like it?

I finished it last night. It was sweet, tender, poignant, and in places, moved me to tears.

I appreciated that the book gave him a chance to expand more on things that he didn't have time to cover in his lecture, like how he met and fell in love with his wife.

Randy Pausch may not be a great philosopher - most of his lessons are things that we've heard before - but he is thoughtful and funny, and obviously a great teacher.

And he loves Disney!

I loved the book. He has a great outlook on life. I want to give the book to my 2 DDs because I think the book contains a lot of life lessons.

I just wish that I didn't know the end of the story -- it makes me sad. :sad1:

Im reading my Pharmacology book for one of my classes. I can't wait till summer so I can read for fun again.

Just finished, The Last Thing on My List. Was funny and light. Easy read.

Getting ready to read The Year of Fog, cant' wait to read that one.

I'm a teacher and happen to be in charge of the summer reading assignments so I read a lot of childrens lit! It's up to me to make up the summer reading lists and to correct all the papers once they're turned in on the first day of school ... so I have to be very familiar with the titles I'm putting out there!

With our summer reading, I cannot use books that have been made into movies b/c the kids will will opt for the movies instead of reading the books. Sadly, that "rule" has taken a lot of great books off the list and it makes me angry knowing that kids will not experience some really great books.

** Disclaimer: This post is not intended to be a major personal attack on anyone! **

My dd and I LOVED "the Penderwicks" (quick, I think they're making it into a movie), and were thrilled to find it on the Virginia Reader's list this year. She also read The Lightning Thief from this year's list and loved it (the 4th in the series comes out tomorrow and I have a 30% off coupon for Borders just waiting to be used). She also loved "the Ghost Girl" from the list. I have to say, for a state sanctioned list, they've put a lot of really good and captivating books on their list.

I'm on a dry spell with reading. Stuff going on in the family and I didnt' really feel like reading. But i did pick up the newest John LesCroart, Mary Kay Andrews and Jodi Picoult for the summer. I also picked up the newest Kate Mosse to read. She wrote The Labyrinth, which was excellent, I hope her new one is good. I also noticed that they are re-releasing The Witches Hammer by Jane Staunton Hitchcock. Great read.

Im reading my Pharmacology book for one of my classes. I can't wait till summer so I can read for fun again.

I hear you on that one! My "Research Methods for Behavior Sciences" text is hardly a light or fun read! I have dozens, literally, dozens of books on my shelf for the summer.

Mercy was one of my least favorite of Jodi Picoult's books. It had a good plotline but just wasn't very interesting to me. I loved Second Glance and My Sister's Keeper as well as A Perfect Match.

I am currently reading A perfect Match...I can not put the book down.:thumbsup2

I am currently reading A perfect Match...I can not put the book down.:thumbsup2
I enjoyed Perfect Match also.

Snow Flower & the Secret Fan, which I am currently reading, is very good so far. Thank goodness I'm back to a book that I can't wait to pick back up again after I have to set it down. :goodvibes

has anyone read Firefly Girls or Firefly Lane? i just started it and it is so sad but my mom said it was so good...

thanks

I enjoyed Perfect Match also.

Snow Flower & the Secret Fan, which I am currently reading, is very good so far. Thank goodness I'm back to a book that I can't wait to pick back up again after I have to set it down. :goodvibes

Are these also Picout's (p)?

has anyone read Firefly Girls or Firefly Lane? i just started it and it is so sad but my mom said it was so good...

thanks

I'm waiting for Firefly Lane to come into our library. I'm the next in line for it.

Are these also Picout's (p)?
Perfect Match is Picoult, Snow Flower is another author (can't think of her name right now)

I am starting "The Other Boleyn Girl" tonight.
Loved this book!

I have to say that there are so many books that I have read due to recommendations from the Dis. Many of them I would have never, ever picked up. I have loved each & every recommendation so far. Thanks so much DISers!!!

ok, here's what is on the coffee table right now:

"times square spectacular: lighting up broadway" (darcy tell)

"rock & roll heaven" (robert dimery)

I recently finished The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman. I love her books and this one was no exception. I loved this and cannot recommend it enough. You really have to pay attention, though, it's written in three parts--starting with the present and going back into the past. I kept flipping back and forth through the book.

I'm now reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse. Another one going back and forth between present and past. I sense a theme here. ;)

On the way from Amazon--Charlaine Harris's latest Sookie Stackhouse vampire book. I love this series--light and funny. Also on the way--The Host which is by the author of the Twilight vampire books. (Her name escapes me at the moment.)

I recently finished The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman. I love her books and this one was no exception. I loved this and cannot recommend it enough. You really have to pay attention, though, it's written in three parts--starting with the present and going back into the past. I kept flipping back and forth through the book.

Good to know! I just started my very first Alice Hoffman book last night. Heck, I can't even remember the title but it was the one written right after Practical Magic (I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to find the title). I hope it's good.

I just got back from Borders where I bought The Hollow by Nora Roberts. I was only able to read about 15 pages yet but so far so good.

"We're Just Like You..Only Prettier. Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle" by Celia Rivenbark. This is one of the funniest books I have read. I also read her book "Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank!"

OMG, this woman speaks to me on so many levels.

Can't wait to dig into her first book, "Bless Your Heart Tramp and Other southern Endearments"

What a hoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter