what are the MAJOR differences-for those who've now cruised?

My TA was very blunt about Disney charging the same prices for noticeably less value offered: “I love Disney, but it’s just very disappointing what is happening. I will wait to go back until things are more normal and I can better justify the cost.”

This is why I love her, and am loyal to her, even though her agency doesn’t offer OBC.

Touring Plans is the only TA blog that I’ve seen come straight out and say “With all of these compromises, DCL is just not a good value right now for the price they are charging, especially if you have small kids.”

Last edited:
From the looks of our posts we were on the back to back together and I totally agree with you and would add the lack of movies on funnel vision… I would add as well and I did wish for more variety of food…. Also it is a good idea the thought of freshly made burgers and such but it was backed up and took too long… we too are booked on the Fantasy but for the 10/2 sailing which now turned into exactly what we did last week… I think we are going to book the 10/23 6 nights but only if they don’t change it into another 4 night double dip lol! Have a great time in your cruise!
I just booked the Fantasy 6-nt leaving on October 24th. It just popped up as a military discount today so I jumped on it. Seems like it will be a 6-nt (fingers crossed it doesn't change).

I just booked the Fantasy 6-nt leaving on October 24th. It just popped up as a military discount today so I jumped on it. Seems like it will be a 6-nt (fingers crossed it doesn't change).
Hi where did you see this? It's the first discount I've seen for the fantasy so I'm curious

Although I do like to watch youtube reviews for the visuals the best information I get is from forums
like this.

If they are compd the room they are needing to disclose it as such. Now some might hold back as they get other things but just saying.

I would also say though a fun time for an influencer might not be the same for you as they are looking for generic events to then show off. Everyone else is looking for fun activities specific to their likes. So while you might want 5 different trivias to them just 1 is fine.

Different people likely. One that decides routes and the other that needs to fill rooms. Disney isnt out anything if they switch it from 6 down to 4 as they just refund and give a slight bump in discount on a future cruise limited to sometime in next 12 months.

Is Cabanas open for dinner in the evenings where you order from a menu?

No. On our Aug 27 sailing, Cabanas was closed for dinner every night.

Aren't the VGT rates usually around 25% off the prevailing rates? That's what I have found the couple of times we booked VGT.

While VGT rates are tempting, I'd hardly consider that a fair tradeoff if one is looking for a discount in exchange for a lesser onboard experience. When you book VGT, you give up all rights to refunds and changes of any kind. We have booked VGT more than once before and it's great except during a pandemic. A lot can change in a month.
Personally, I'm not counting on booking VGT unless it's very last minute, less than 1 week prior. JMHO.

Interesting to read about the changes. I would love to try just because of the reduced capacity !
I thought the reduced capacity made up for a lot of reduced activities. I like to work out on deck 4, read, sleep, eat, drink and just relax. I really didn't miss anything. I loved our trip to WDW last August too. Walking on every ride was worth it.

We just booked the Dream 9/27 4 night over the weekend. I have no expectations other than going and relaxing and getting back to enjoying the cruise and celebrating our 42 anniversary. We are just 2 adults and plan on hanging by the pool often. Glad there is no virtual queue for the adult pool areas. Love that we are visiting CC twice. We tacked on WDW for 3 nights before. We know things will be different than past DCL cruises but I am still excited to go.

I would be more hesitant if I had kids coming along. The nursery not being operational and limited time in kids club and family pool would be a bummer.

Last edited:
Under FCC guidelines, it is required to disclose. And if DCL is comping rooms to people not disclosing, that's liable practice on DCL's part as well.
If you are talking about the YouTube influencer, no legal requirement to disclose anything since the FCC has no control over YouTube.

If you are talking about the YouTube influencer, no legal requirement to disclose anything since the FCC has no control over YouTube.
Actually, it's not about broadcast. I meant FTC. Long Monday of a Tuesday here.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...tcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking
The overview even uses travel as an example:

Say you’re planning a vacation. You do some research and find a glowing review on someone’s blog that a particular resort is the most luxurious place he has ever stayed. If you knew the hotel had paid the blogger hundreds of dollars to say great things about it or that the blogger had stayed there for several days for free, it could affect how much weight you’d give the blogger’s endorsement. The blogger should, therefore, let his readers know about that relationship.

The rules do include Intsgram, TikTok and YouTube, because it's fundamentally about truth in advertising.

And now, I am going back to bed.

Under Title II, the FTC has no control either. Only Internet providers can regulate content.
There are penalties for both bloggers and sponsors if disclosure is not made. Internet providers are not involved in enforcement.

I'm still very interested in the major differences on recent cruises. Anyone have content to add? We sail 9/20 and 9/25!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter