What are the best tips you have for creating the perfect day in the Magic Kingdom?

Thanks to everyone for posting your tips - definitely some I hadn't thought of (or at least, hadn't put into practice)

The last tip I would mention is don't flip out when something gets off from your plans - just try to roll with it and enjoy what you are doing rather than focus on what you aren't doing

There are always so many things going on and so many details to take in - get absorbed in them more than your minute by minute plans

When booking FP+ reservations, consult a MK map to find the location of each attraction. It's easy to spend unnecessary time criss-crossing the park to get to FP attractions. If you're planning more than 1 day in the MK, you may wish to group your FP reservations by location each day.

This was my first thought, look at a map of the park while you're booking FPs (I do this for all parks, not just MK) to save time & energy having to criss-cross the park. It also allows you to take more time to enjoy the theming & atmosphere of each land before moving on to the next.

- break up the day if possible - a mid-day break (especially during the summer when the days are hotter and the park hours are longer) can really help

- "go left" - a lot of people head to Fantasyland first but if you head left to Adventureland there are very low crowds - can can even go that way and head up to BTMRR and Splash first before those crowds build and then do the actual Adventureland attractions

- Pack your patience - for some people Magic Kingdom "IS" Walt Disney World and they are trying to do everything they can. Don't be stressed by their stress

- Say hello to cast members - we have had so many amazing experiences with CMs at WDW and in Magic Kingdom especially .... and a lot of the times it starts just by saying "hi" or chatting with them when they say "hi" to you

Good stuff here as well.

My perfect MK day consists of taking a break at one or more nearby resorts (though I usually am staying at a value or more recently, am a local now). I find it very relaxing to explore the grounds of the Poly or WL, grab a drink & app from a lounge or go to the QS for a meal & some AC & take it easy for a while away from the crowds. I especially like doing this during the holidays to check out the lobbies of each resort before heading back to MK. I like to do this during midday or dinner time so I plan my lunch & dinner outside the park at an MK resort. If I want to experience the atmosphere of BOG, I'll book a lunch ADR & order a soup or dessert so I don't miss out on that as well.

I like to begin in Adventureland & end in Tomorrowland bc there's something special about being in Tomorrowland after dark.

Definitely pack your patience & remember that you're at WDW so try not to let other guests' stress rub off on you.

I've had many great experiences with awesome CMs so take some time to talk to them. It really can make your day sometimes when one creates a magical moment for you that's unexpected. Also, remember to go to guest service or email WDW to let them know the name & location of the CM & briefly explain what they did to make you smile. :)

While it is good to be at the rope drop to get a jump on attractions, the first attraction is the park opening performance. It really starts your day off right to be standing there and hear the "Good Morning" song. Very exciting and quite different from just entering even a few minutes later. Get there in plenty of time for the show.

Unless something has changed, they are no longer doing the rope drop welcome show at the train station. It's now a brief show in front of the castle instead each morning with a totally different performance. I haven't seen the new show yet so I cannot give an opinion of my own on how it is, just that it is different.

Unless something has changed, they are no longer doing the rope drop welcome show at the train station. It's now a brief show in front of the castle instead each morning with a totally different performance. I haven't seen the new show yet so I cannot give an opinion of my own on how it is, just that it is different.[/QUOTE]

Did not know this! Will miss the park opening at the train station, but I can see the reasoning. It was charming at the front entrance. Hope they have done a good job with the new opening. We were last there in December. Must have seen one of the last of the old openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter