What are some good phone apps/games for 3-5yos to play while in line?

coasternut22

Mouseketeer
I don't have too many games on my phone but looking my to download a few just in case the kids start to get squirmy. Any good suggestions? Free or paid. Thanks

What about a non phone game and engage the kids like ispy. There are so many things to see while waiting in line.

I have had a 15 mo, 22 month, 2 1/2 yo plus older and luckily they didn't get squirmy. Some lines they got a snack if it was snack time, I controlled the bag this way it didn't drop.

My go to squirmy kid solution is popcorn. No iPad stand the chance against that. And I hate snacks

dude op chill out think back when you were little there were no iPhones the person give you a idea as for games angry birds do kids still like that game i have one on my phone called angry birds blast which is fun and easy for little kids to play and it is free

Unless the lines are really long, you should be fine without entertainment.

Skip the phone and throw a pack of Disney "Eye Found It" cards in your purse/bag. I took one but never needed it...my kids had more fun chatting with other families and checking out the scenery.

We took a 3 and 5 year old last year and can't honestly remember a time when we needed a phone in the lines. Like uccats said, the queues are very interactive. The few times we broke out the phones were during meals when they finished before us (specifically buffet's). Don't mess with me at Cape May.

I agree with most of the posters here. I've been taking my daughter to disney since she was 2, she's now 8, and I've never had to resort to using the phone to help keep her entertained. It's Disney, after all, and although I've never said it outright to her, it's kind of understood that the phone is for the MDE app and to send pictures to grandma, and that's it. Take the time to chat, talk about what you've done, what you want to do and see, what your favorite things have been, etc... it's a great time to bond and really enjoy the time together. The only time I break out the phone for her is during the four hour drive to and from Disney.

Usually, there is enough going on around them to keep them occupied or engaged while in line. iPhone has been a life saver for me while I am grocery shopping. My daughter is 4 and loves the videos on YouTube Kids, she gets a kick out of playing with Snapchat filters, Disney Jr offers a variety of games that she likes to play. Right now, she's into Mario Run.

Fan faves are Toca apps, Dr. Panda Restaurant, Starfall, Easy Bake Oven and Coco Paint My Dress.

HTH!

At home my kids are big fans of the Originator Inc. Apps--endless reader, endless numbers, etc. Super fun and interactive and teaches spelling, counting, and reading---AND they are free! But, I never bring technology for the kids to the parks. As others have stated above, the lines are full of interactive things for kids of any age to look at. So you should be good, but I understand some like to have a backup incase a kid gets tired and crabby and I have seen many parents use tech so their kids can have some quiet time to reset before meeting a character or anything along those lines!

I would seriously consider disconnecting and encouraging them to engage with each of you and the world around them. Our kids had fanny packs or drawstring bags that we filled before the trip. It had small pad of paper, retractable pen, cards (while waiting for food or sitting in a very long, non moving line) small hand held toy (dino, princess figurine, army man, car, etc) one of their favorite things was a small disney trivia car game we found, also searching for hidden mickeys. Some of our favorite memories have been from standing in line together...simply laughing and talking. Now that our kids are growing up..glad we had those times! Have a great time with your kids!

Heads Up is fun. Still interactive, you can do it with Disney movies/characters, other people in line can join in, etc. I also stopped by the dollar store before we went and got a few cheapo hand-held games/toys and we got kids in line involved as well. There was a little fishing one that for some reason a bunch of kids loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter