We've got character breakfast for every day...

TandLMommy28

DIS Veteran
This is what I want because from experience a good breakfast keeps you full most of the day! I'm mostly happy with what we got, although I'd have been happier with Chef Mickey's but it's not a deal breaker!

But if there is a lunch we simply can't miss--keeping in mind that we're a chicken nuggets and pizza kind of family--I could switch to a lunch instead of one of the breakfasts. My kids will be 3 and 5 when we go.

Also opinions--breakfasts inside the park... would you go for 8:30, so you are in the park before it opens or 10:30 so it's more of a brunch?

Thanks!

For Crystal Palace, I guess it depends on what you would prefer. Is it more important to get into the park before lots of people for some photos of the castle with hardly anyone around. You will finish breakfast after the park officially opens. It won't be really busy.

Or do you want to get on some rides before the park gets really busy. Your later breakfast will be about the time MK starts to get busy.

I have done the early before the park opens breakfast and a lunch at CP. It is quite fun to be in the park before it officially opens.

If breakfasts are more your thing, I'd stick to that and just get CS meals in the parks. We planned character meals each morning also....we made ours for 8:00 or a little before 8. My DD is 4 and I know if she doesn't eat something early, she's a crank. So I'd rather we go eat, play a while and the break for lunch about 2:00 after a nap.

As for "can't miss" lunch, that's kind of subjective as to what you like to do. Your kids might enjoy going to Coral Reef in Epcot ....they can sit by the big aquarium, watch the fish. it's really beautiful and keeps their interest.

Another fun lunch ( and there are PLENTY of people that will say it's not good) is the Sci Fi drive in at DS. We LOVE this place. You sit in cars, watch cheesy sci-fi movies. It's made to look like a drive in theater. It's alot of fun. They have fantastic shakes and onion rings!! We're taking our DD4 for the first time in Sept.

At DD or AK you could go to Rainforest Cafe. That place is alot of fun. it's unfortunately not on the dining plan though. (a sub for that would be T-Rex...kind of the same type of restaurant).

Another thought....for a dinner you could try Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. It's a "loosely based" clam bake. but has something for everyone. And the desserts are AWESOME !!!

Have fun with whatever you choose !! :goodvibes

I just looked at the crowd predictions for MK the day we will be there and it's a 1 so I guess it really doesn't matter if we eat breakfast and "beat the crowds" to the good rides. It looks like it's a predicted SLOW week down there and I'm very pleased about it!!!

I just looked at the crowd predictions for MK the day we will be there and it's a 1 so I guess it really doesn't matter if we eat breakfast and "beat the crowds" to the good rides. It looks like it's a predicted SLOW week down there and I'm very pleased about it!!!

where did you find the crowd calendar ? I'm interested to find out too....we're going to be there 9/18 - 9/25

I bought the Unofficial Guide and with it you get the online site touringplans.com for another $5... I paid it because you also get an iPhone app for the $5.

We are getting there the day after you leave. :) I'm sending you a private message. :)

I bought the Unofficial Guide and with it you get the online site touringplans.com for another $5... I paid it because you also get an iPhone app for the $5.

We are getting there the day after you leave. :) I'm sending you a private message. :)

Thank you !!! :love:

OP, it sounds like you'll have lots of fun taking your children on their first trip to WDW. When I saw the title of your post I could not help wondering how will you ever be able to compete with the "Character Breakfast Everyday" once you are back home? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter