Westjet connecting flights

My family and I flew WestJet last December from Toronto - Orlando and flying back home to Toronto we left from Tampa and I can say everything about WestJet was great. The check in line at Pearson was very short, the flight crew was very friendly and having the TV was amaizng. So this December we are flying them again and we are looking forward to it.

So this is why I will never fly on Air Canada again. When my gandmother was visiting my Aunt, she passed away. My aunt made arrangements with AC to bring her body back home. She wanted to fly home with her. When my Aunt got here she found out that they put my Grandma's body on an earlier flight, cause "they had room". So her body sat here at our airport waiting for my Aunt to claim it. She just wanted to bring her home together, not shipped like a parcel and the airport knew that.

So this is why I will never fly on Air Canada again. When my gandmother was visiting my Aunt, she passed away. My aunt made arrangements with AC to bring her body back home. She wanted to fly home with her. When my Aunt got here she found out that they put my Grandma's body on an earlier flight, cause "they had room". So her body sat here at our airport waiting for my Aunt to claim it. She just wanted to bring her home together, not shipped like a parcel and the airport knew that.

Holy cow! how insensitive.

Well I have spoken to Westjet Vacations and was told then when we get off the plane from Ottawa in Toronto we need to go back to the Westjet Counter in Terminal 3 and recheck in showing our passports again, and also so we can get our seat assigned. Then we have to go clear customs and security and find our new gate for the second half of our flight to the US. Seems like such a long process and not enough time. Hopefully all will work out. Its a good thing we don't have to change terminals. Will make sure to try and get a seat up front for our Ottawa - Toronto run.

Does anyone know where I can get a map of Terminal 3 in Pearson airport. Their website says it is under construction.

That's rotten about the map for Terminal 3. I suspect the reason the map isn't available online (under construction) is that the terminal itself is under construction, so things could change quickly.

I wish I could catch a good deal on Westjet, cause I've got a hate on for AC too, but because we always fly back from a city they don't serve, I usually end up with Continental or AC.

But for those of you who are avoiding AC because of the dread terminal change... apparently they have now moved all of their operations into Terminal 1 and connections to the US will no longer have to change terminals. You still have to pick up your baggage and pre-clear for the US, though.

Why can't they assign your Toronto to Orlando seats in Ottawa??? I understand you having to clear customs and then security again but not checking in with the airline after a connecting flight. Do you overnight in Toronto, that would make sense??? We took a Westjet flight in Nov06 from Saskatoon to Orlando. We had a connection in Calgary but got our seat assinments in Saskatoon.
Just curious because for our October trip I'm flying with Westjet from Saskatoon to Calgary at 910pm, Calgary to Toronto at 105am, and Toronto to Orlando at 1035am. I hope I can get all my seat assignments right away so I can get a emergency exit row seat.

Why can't they assign your Toronto to Orlando seats in Ottawa??? I understand you having to clear customs and then security again but not checking in with the airline after a connecting flight. Do you overnight in Toronto, that would make sense??? We took a Westjet flight in Nov06 from Saskatoon to Orlando. We had a connection in Calgary but got our seat assinments in Saskatoon.
Just curious because for our October trip I'm flying with Westjet from Saskatoon to Calgary at 910pm, Calgary to Toronto at 105am, and Toronto to Orlando at 1035am. I hope I can get all my seat assignments right away so I can get a emergency exit row seat.

Holy cow! I hope you got a good deal on that flight, it sounds like a nightmare! I thought the Calgary-Toronto, Toronto-Orlando was bad enough.

Well, for what it's worth-westjet is giving 3xairmiles on flights booked this fall.

Holy cow! I hope you got a good deal on that flight, it sounds like a nightmare! I thought the Calgary-Toronto, Toronto-Orlando was bad enough.

All Saskatoon to Orlando flights in Oct are a little ugly!!! I would rather fly with Westjet and have a little longer day, then take a chance on AirCanada cancelling my flights.
Besides we fly after Thanksgiving dinner, a few drinks, some turkey, and pie, I don't think I be awake on the plane for long.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter