• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Western Caribbean Fantasy Apr 28 - May 5

Thanks for that info! When you bumped into characters just walking down the hall, were they willing to stop and take a photo, or were they in a hurry to get somewhere?

they were always gracious and willing to stop for a 1-1. if they got surrounded by people the handler that was with them did a good job of moving things along without really disappointing anyone as far as I could tell. But i never saw a big group mob a character on these chance meetings and most people were content just to wave and watch the character move along.

Thank you for the wonderful report. Are there lockers available at the Boatswain's Park/Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman? We are taking that tour next week.

Thank you for the wonderful report. Are there lockers available at the Boatswain's Park/Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman? We are taking that tour next week.

I don't recall lockers, but I didn't look for them. There is a changing bathhouse. we had a big enough group where we just carried everything on the turtle tour and then dropped it at a lounger on the little snorkeling beach and someone stayed behind to relax and stay with our things. it wasn't very busy so there was plenty of space. but pack light and you shouldn't have to worry too much.

There are lifeguards around, not that they'd watch your stuff, but I think it would somewhat deter anyone from messing with your things.

Thank you for taking time to write this. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. We will be onboard for the Western on May 26th and your TR had great information.

I have a DD 13 & a DS 11. What did your DD think of the new Edge space? Are there things she would highly recommend or not recommend on the ship?

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing photos.

She really enjoyed the EDGE. most of the time there was really not structured activities planned and she enjoyed the open time, but she did go to the activities they had planned too. All in all, she spent maybe 2 hrs a day there on average , stopping by a couple times a day. we ate just about all our meals together as a family.

You could join Edge mates for Aquaduck rides, and they had a pirate party get together, but we stayed as a family during that.
Mini Golf was small and quick, but fun. There are 3 Mickey Agency Detective mysteries to solve, and I heard that even if you repeat one, you still get a different experience too, so there's many opportunities for that. But at one point I think all the 'badge' cards were in use, so get one when you get the chance if you are going to do it that day, and even the regular Enchanted Artwork is fun to go around to see too.

Also, watch the navigator for 'Family Fun' activities. That's where we did the learn to cook seminars, and the paper airplane class. she also did the character drawing lecture (she said it was a lecture not interactive class so that was a little slow). We did pirate trivia in the D lounge too. We did not do karaoke but there's plenty of opportunities for that as well.

as for more adult stuff: the Rainforest room was fun, but once was enough for us. check it out the day before you get a day pass and make sure it's for you. My wife enjoyed it, i'm not so much a 'spa' person.

There's lots of random moments that will make your own trip special and unique.

One other example was on Castaway Cay, we were walking down the road and Captain Marco came by all alone, he stopped us and asked us how things were and chatted for like 5 minutes. He told us about Italy and such. He was very pleasant, I thought that was really cool, here's the Captain of the ship just stopping by to say hi.

Thanks for the great TR! We are sailing in a little less then 4 months!!

Did you ever find out why the shuttle didn't come to the hotel to go to the pier? I hope upu didn't get charged!

Thanks for the great TR! We are sailing in a little less then 4 months!!

Did you ever find out why the shuttle didn't come to the hotel to go to the pier? I hope upu didn't get charged!

unfortunately we had pre-paid for the whole trip, so we have to deal with getting a credit back. But we used a credit card, so if there is an issue, I can at least dispute it. Minor hassle and that's why I would not recommend them for the hotel to port transportation, i'd say just use who the hotel recommends.

Thanks for the TR!! We are going on this same cruise on October 13. Since we have the same itinerary, is there any chance you can scan and post your Navigators? I did find someone who posted their Navigators for a Western Itinery B but they are embedded in the DISBoard and not in pdf format making them very difficult to print. I am a planoholic so I would like to print them. I also found a site that has itineraries posted but those port calls are out of order from ours. That site is:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

If you have them scanned and saved already, send me a private message and I will send you my email address.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the TR!! We are going on this same cruise on October 13. Since we have the same itinerary, is there any chance you can scan and post your Navigators? I did find someone who posted their Navigators for a Western Itinery B but they are embedded in the DISBoard and not in pdf format making them very difficult to print. I am a planoholic so I would like to print them. I also found a site that has itineraries posted but those port calls are out of order from ours. That site is:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

If you have them scanned and saved already, send me a private message and I will send you my email address.

Thanks again!!!

Sorry haven't gotten around to finding all the paperwork yet to see if we have all the navigators. I would say, the navigators on this site uploaded 4/14 by someone else look to be similar enough to mine that you could make a plan by them.

Sorry haven't gotten around to finding all the paperwork yet to see if we have all the navigators. I would say, the navigators on this site uploaded 4/14 by someone else look to be similar enough to mine that you could make a plan by them.

I just noticed that yesterday and I printed them. Thanks again for the TR...we are looking forward to our vacation

We had 2 rooms 6068 and 6682 I think. 6068 was totally fine. 6682 did have some vibration while ship was underway and making speed. We had good sailing, no rough seas. It was "noticeable" at those times, but I don't really think it interfered with sleeping. But I would say we have a reasonable tolerance and it's a pretty subjective opinion. Would we use 6682 again? maybe no, probably shoot for a forward or mid cabin or else maybe a higher floor. but if it was a cheaper option than others, i'd not be hesitant to book it again. Hope that helps. 6682 was an unassigned room when we booked, it became assigned about 2-3 months out I think?

I really enjoyed your trip report. We just got off the Dream and booked the Fantasy next year for Western Car. I think we are going to do the same excursions you did. My DD (9yo) really wants to do the dolphins and also liked the description of the sea turtle excursion. We also want to see the Mayan Ruins. We have less than a year to go and I'm excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter