West coast of Florida beach for day trip from Orlando

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
**double posted, not sure which forum to put this in
Kids (older teens) have never seen the Gulf side of Florida & we would like to take a day in between Disney days to go.
Which beach do you suggest?
Would like easy parking, the closer to Orlando the better. Touristy stuff not needed, just a beach with nice sand & water & maybe a drink stand & bathroom close by.
TIA

Clearwater Beach is very nice. If you drive south Siesta Key Beach is beautiful (it's about 2 hours). Clearwater is closer. There are also many beaches and keys in between.

We always take a day trip to St. Pete Beach. It is beautiful! Calm, clear water and the sand feels like flour!

If you arrive by 10AM there is plenty of parking. You can rent chairs and cabanas and they have other water activity rentals available. We always walk down the beach just a bit to a yummy lunch place that is right on the beach. (Can’t think of the name of it right now)

We love it there!

I agree Siesta Key is the best beach, it's one of the best in the world. However, Clearwater is really a spectacular beach and a much better day trip. Love Clearwater beach.

I always go to Madeira Beach it's in the St Pete/Clearwater area. I like it because it's less crowded over there and for $20 I'm able to rent two lounge chairs and a cabana for the entire day.

I went to Clearwater Beach last month. Many lots were full, and it was very tough to find any available parking, and it ended up being $20 even just to stay an hour. If you can go on a weekday, it probably would be a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter