We're not going back 5 years but this is our 5th trip in4years!WERE BACK,NEW tr link

Okay all caught up.

So awesome you are overlapping with Tim and Lesley's gang again :woohoo:

Got me nervous about your job. Fingers crossed it is safe :goodvibes

Read your last two TR's and can't wait to read on about this one - pre-trip and all!!!! I"m in :goodvibes. Especially since our next trip won't be until 2011:confused3:

Thanks so much, glad you are here with us for another trip!

Hooray its time for another dddisrunner PTR ! This will definitely help shake off the winter blues. Can't wait to hear all about your trip plans. Oh no about your job ... I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for joining us for another journey!

I've enjoyed your other TRs, so joining in for this one.

Thanks, glad you are here!

Hi Diane!

I'm in for your PTR as I really enjoyed your other TR's. We were there most of the same time as you last summer and our dates overlap again this summer too as we are there June 23rd to July 2nd!:thumbsup2

I started my PTR tonight also! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans.:goodvibes

How neat that we keep going back to WDW at the same time! I will head to your PTR soon! Thanks for reading/posting!

Joining in!

I am already reading all about Bryan & Tim's report now!:) Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Your "tag" line sounds very similar to my Disney trip history. Except my DH hasn't converted to that degree yet, unfortunately!:rotfl:

Looking forward to your report!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for joining in! I remember reading your TR from you just went with your daughter and you had lost your camera. Your TR was GREAT!

YIPPEE ANOTHER REPORT FROM DIANE Ok now that I got that off my chest....can't wait. Just thinking of the lobby at AKL brings a smile to my face....love it love it love it. I can't wait for more:banana:

Your so sweet! Thanks for joining us again!

Hi Diane,
I'm here :goodvibes. Our dates are so close :sad2: well be there June 6-13th. Looking forward to hearing about all your trip plans.

Nichole

Woo Hoo, Nichole's here!! Sad about missing each other by a few days though! Any trips to Jersey planned?

I'm here, Diane!!! Can't wait to read all about this year's adventures!!! :yay:

Hi CP, thanks for joining us on another adventure!

YE HAW! Here we go! How fun. I am back for more! Can't wait to hear all about it! I have a trip planned around that time too!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!!!

Thanks so much! I am enjoying your X-Mas TR VERY much!

:cool1: This is the best way to start a cold, dreary Monday! Thanks for the link!!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!!

I'm in, I've reserved June 9-13, (just in case.:) Trying to use the last of my points this year. I don't know if we'll keep it, but I have airline credits we need to use. That's the line I'm using on my hubby.:rotfl: It is true.:)

Can't wait to read along.

Hi Julie! Thanks for being here! I sure hope it works out for you to go again in June!

Hi Diane-
I have followed your other trip reports and love to read about your lovely family! Can't wait to see what you have planned for this summer!:surfweb:

Thanks for the sweet compliments! Thanks for following along and posting!!

popcorn:: Can't wait for more!!!

Thanks for signing on!

Wonderful! Read your last trip report and looking forward to more this year! :)

Hi Renee! Thanks for joining us again!

I'm in! Loved your last reports. Can't wait for more.

Erika

Welcome back and Thanks!!!

looking forward to your fun plans!!:cool1:

Thanks for being here Shannon!

I am in! I cant wait to hear your plans!!

Thanks and welcome!!

Wow Diane, you're becoming a regular Dis celebrity, page 2 already:thumbsup2
GREAT start (as always). We are so excited to experience more vacation memories with you and your family. I'll wait until we've booked airfare to start our Pre TR.
LOVED the pics of you guys opening Magic Kingdom, praying we get to be so lucky one day. So funny that we've seen Bryan go from a 5 year plan to hob knobbing with the Dis crew at Disapalooza:woohoo:. Of COURSE I am along for the ride!!!:goodvibes;)
-Lesley

Thanks Lesley! Not quite the TR Diva you are but I will take what I can get!!;)We are REALLY looking forward to June...CAN'T WAIT! Bryan's Disney transformation has been fun to watch! Thanks for being here!

I was so excited when I saw this linke in your siggie :yay:

You should be pimping it out on Tim's Report

Now back to read :surfweb:

Hi Kelly! I should tell Tim to pimp it out!!;)

Okay all caught up.

So awesome you are overlapping with Tim and Lesley's gang again :woohoo:

Got me nervous about your job. Fingers crossed it is safe :goodvibes

Thanks Kelly! More on the job front coming up soon! Thanks for being here!

Thanks Diane for letting me know you started this. You have me a bit worried about your job! Sure hope things work out okay.

Great intro. Can't wait to read along. And, I hope you don't lose your job!:scared1:

Yay! I get to be here from the beginning! :cool1: Looking forward to following along with your lovely family's upcoming trip. :goodvibes

WHEN WILL WE ACTUALLY GO?

Sadly, this question will be asked over the next 2 months!:rolleyes1 Why you ask...well let's see if I can answer that without boring any of you to death!:eek:

Our original dates were scheduled to be June 18-June 27, 2010. Enter The weekend of December 19, 2009 and coastal New Jersey (along with much of the northeast) got POUNDED with snow. We received 22 inches!:scared1: Now, schools were supossed to be in session on 12/21,12/22 and 12/23 but they got called off due to the weather! I am lucky to teach in the same district where my kids attend. Our district is huge, 12 elementary schools,3 middle schools and 3 high schools and there was just no way they could get all the snow cleared for school to open. We have NO SNOW DAYS built into our calendar which means any days called for snow are added on to the end of the year! We were scheduled to get out on Wednesday 6/16 but with the 3 additional days we now are scheduled for Monday, June 21st!:headache: Now we have to pray that there are no more snow days or they will be added on as well! Now, stick with me. I will take the kids out of school for those last 2 days because they are only half days and their marking period actually ends on 6/11. So for them NO BIG DEAL! For me, VERY BIG DEAL!

The job I currently have teaching health and physical education is a temporary replacement job. This is the 3rd straight one I have done in the hopes of getting a permanent job! Right now I am scheduled to be done on April 12, 2010 BUT, I just saw my supervisor last week and she said she might have something for me from May 1, through the end of the school year and she would let me know for sure in the next couple of weeks! So, this has become a waiting game!

I know some of you are thinking that I should just change the dates to a time when I know will be good BUT It's not possible. Without going into all the borrowing/banking rules of DVC it is not possible for me to book any additional days without losing some of our points!

Can anyone say STRESS!:sad2:

We have missed out on some AWESOME airfare because of the uncertainty! We are checking into possibly taking the autotrain down too or driving...which I REALLY don't want to do! I LOVE my family but I think 17 straight hours in the car together would be brutal!!

So there you have the "Will our dates change?" , "How are we getting there?" and "Will I keep my job?"!

Next up: ADR'S and dare I say it, the possibility of visiting another park OUTSIDE of Disney????????????????

I feel you on the snow and school. Our district is huge too, while not as big as yours, still pretty decent size.Our school was cleared in time, but they could not finish them all in time.

I remember when we were little snow days being built into the calendar. I do not get why they don't do that now :confused3

Hoping it all works out for you and you don't have to lose any of your DVC point and everything with your job goes well :wizard:

I was stressed reading it:lmao: We never have snow days up here...ever....and let me tell you we get snow!!! Schools are open and if you get there you get there if you don't you dont' they don't add them on at the end, your child is just marked absent. We have always been lucky with how close we live to the schools too. Me getting to work during a blizzard is another story....if the buses are running we are expected to be at work, but it's getting from our side street out onto the main road....it's a trek when the snow is up to your thigh's.....just not pretty no matter how you look at it:rotfl2:

Best of luck with your job. I hope you're able to get something permanent soon.

And the date changes would stress me out too. I hope everything works out.

That is a dilema Diane ! I can understand about the snow days living in Maryland we got hit by the same storm and missed the same days from school. The uncertainty of your job and the weather definitely makes it hard to book airfare. I am sure everything will work out in the end but the waiting is the hardest part.

Another park could it be Universal ... I think I read the new Harry Potter part opens this spring.

I totally understand about all the DVC points stuff and I know that it can be stressful working it all out! I hope that it falls into place for you and that there is no more snow!! :goodvibes

As for driving, it's 12-13 hours for us and honestly, it's not that bad. We left around 3:30 in the morning last year. The kids didn't really nap (too excited I think) but they just chilled and watched movies, read, drew, etc. I was dreading it and was honestly surprised at how well it went. I know you have a few more hours than we do but it is doable and maybe not as bad as you think! The autotrain would be fun though!

Joining in this one :) I can't wait to read more. We're planning on going June 14-21!!!

Driving to disney is so much fun!!! There are so many times when I can't stand my family but there's something that makes everyone easier to put up with when your on the way to disney:laughing:

Well I will tell you that the auto train is great. :thumbsup2 I will also say as a long-term sub there might be some wiggle room for the last few days... IF your grades are in then it isn't usually an issue? I would certainly ask if you do end up getting the job offered.... We built in 5 snow days and the blizzard before Xmas cleared three of them.. BOOOOO.. So on a good note my kids didn't miss school and my DH got his personal days back, but that leaves us with two more... it is only mid-January!!!! :scared1:

Ugghhh, you are right -- this whole having to change the dates can be very stressful! I hope things work out for you, and you don't have to lose any points by rebooking.

What a shame that there aren't any snow days built into your calendar! Your district sounds like it is about the same size as ours -- we have eleven elementary schools, three middle schools, and three high schools.

I was stressed reading it:lmao: We never have snow days up here...ever....and let me tell you we get snow!!! Schools are open and if you get there you get there if you don't you dont' they don't add them on at the end, your child is just marked absent. We have always been lucky with how close we live to the schools too. Me getting to work during a blizzard is another story....if the buses are running we are expected to be at work, but it's getting from our side street out onto the main road....it's a trek when the snow is up to your thigh's.....just not pretty no matter how you look at it:rotfl2:

Yes, it is stressful to figure it all out! Somehow it will all work though, I am sure! You leave SO SOON!!!!

Best of luck with your job. I hope you're able to get something permanent soon.

And the date changes would stress me out too. I hope everything works out.

Thanks so much! I just hate the unknown..especially since I LOVE to plan!!

That is a dilema Diane ! I can understand about the snow days living in Maryland we got hit by the same storm and missed the same days from school. The uncertainty of your job and the weather definitely makes it hard to book airfare. I am sure everything will work out in the end but the waiting is the hardest part.

Another park could it be Universal ... I think I read the new Harry Potter part opens this spring.

Thanks! You are right the waiting is the hardest part! You'll have to wait and see about Universal!:thumbsup2

I totally understand about all the DVC points stuff and I know that it can be stressful working it all out! I hope that it falls into place for you and that there is no more snow!! :goodvibes

As for driving, it's 12-13 hours for us and honestly, it's not that bad. We left around 3:30 in the morning last year. The kids didn't really nap (too excited I think) but they just chilled and watched movies, read, drew, etc. I was dreading it and was honestly surprised at how well it went. I know you have a few more hours than we do but it is doable and maybe not as bad as you think! The autotrain would be fun though!

Thanks Stace! I really don't think the driving would be awful BUT just so draining! I think the autotrain is what we are leaning towards!

Joining in this one :) I can't wait to read more. We're planning on going June 14-21!!!

Hi and welcome! I guess we will be at the world at the same time!! Be sure and say hi if you see us!

Driving to disney is so much fun!!! There are so many times when I can't stand my family but there's something that makes everyone easier to put up with when your on the way to disney:laughing:

I guess that is true but the ride home would be a completely different story!! :laughing:

Well I will tell you that the auto train is great. :thumbsup2 I will also say as a long-term sub there might be some wiggle room for the last few days... IF your grades are in then it isn't usually an issue? I would certainly ask if you do end up getting the job offered.... We built in 5 snow days and the blizzard before Xmas cleared three of them.. BOOOOO.. So on a good note my kids didn't miss school and my DH got his personal days back, but that leaves us with two more... it is only mid-January!!!! :scared1:

We got the idea about the auto train for your TR! I think that is the way we are leaning right now!

Ugghhh, you are right -- this whole having to change the dates can be very stressful! I hope things work out for you, and you don't have to lose any points by rebooking.

What a shame that there aren't any snow days built into your calendar! Your district sounds like it is about the same size as ours -- we have eleven elementary schools, three middle schools, and three high schools.

WOW, your district is big too! Yes, I just hate the waiting game because I feel so unorganized!!

I feel you on the snow and school. Our district is huge too, while not as big as yours, still pretty decent size.Our school was cleared in time, but they could not finish them all in time.

I remember when we were little snow days being built into the calendar. I do not get why they don't do that now :confused3

Hoping it all works out for you and you don't have to lose any of your DVC point and everything with your job goes well :wizard:

I guess i should have realized that we would have more than 2 snow days and planned better but the pass few years we have only had 1 snow day! Oh well live and learn!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter