We're Changing The Plan Again?? You mean there's a Plan? New TR Posted/Link Posted

Splash is running now!! Hooray! We get in line and soon we are back on the journey to find our laughing place.

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

And this time Chris and I get soaked!! I am so glad our next mission is the bus ride back to the resort!!

IMG_1831.jpg

We begin the trek to the bus area and we contemplate whether Keith has made it or not. I have not heard from him since his layover around 10am and by this time it is 12:15. He was to land at 11:45am so I figured surely I would get an “I am here” or something! Plus I wasn’t sure about Magical Express since we had never used them. From all of my research, I anticipated him getting to the resort around 1pm. I try calling and cannot reach him. I try texting…no response…where can that guy be????

i cannot believe all you accomplished that morning! great job! i really expected the crowds to be thicker that weekend.
Hope Keith's plane wasn't delayed...

Holy busy morning Batman!

You guys got sooo much accomplished, I don't even know where to start.

I wish we had remembered to do the Astro Orbiter on our trip. My nephew kept on talking about it, and we just forgot.

I love the Carousel of Progress. Just one of those attractions. Can't explain it. :lovestruc

i cannot believe all you accomplished that morning! great job! i really expected the crowds to be thicker that weekend.
Hope Keith's plane wasn't delayed...

It was an amazing day and a half so far! And looking back it still amazes me!! I really was expecting more crowds considering it was Memorial Day weekend.

Another Mississippi girl subscribing :)

Welcome!! :goodvibes So glad to see another Mississippi girl!!

Holy busy morning Batman!

You guys got sooo much accomplished, I don't even know where to start.

I wish we had remembered to do the Astro Orbiter on our trip. My nephew kept on talking about it, and we just forgot.

I love the Carousel of Progress. Just one of those attractions. Can't explain it. :lovestruc

Your first line made me bust out :rotfl:! We were very busy and accomplished so much...thanks to staying ahead of the crowds! I think that is one reason I like Rope Drop so much!

We had considered Astro Orbitor the two previous years but always forgot too! And I totally agree on CoP!

You accomplished so much in MK. Glad to see the park with low crowd levels. The Teacup pics were priceless! Cannot wait to hear about Keith's arrival! popcorn::

I am so impressed that you got so much done. The crowds are so low:thumbsup2

I love the SM pictures. I love that ride:goodvibes

Wow.

So many things to "wow" about!! You just seem to have the best luck at MK -- so maybe you can go with us, next time? :lmao: I loved the way you described "yesterday's" meal at CHH, watching the rain come in...could just feel that. :)

And I was sitting here (at work, oops) looking at your pictures of the colorful castle, and nearly dropped my coffee -- I hadn't seen those AT ALL!! Amazing!

I would so much rather be traipsing around MK, looking for rides to ride...(sigh)...thanks for taking us along! :)

You accomplished so much in MK. Glad to see the park with low crowd levels. The Teacup pics were priceless! Cannot wait to hear about Keith's arrival! popcorn::

Do you know how hard it is to get good pictures one the Teacups when your kids are flinging you at warp speeds????? :rotfl: Thansk, they are some of my favorites from the trip! I was so pleased with how MK was working out so far!!!

I am so impressed that you got so much done. The crowds are so low:thumbsup2

I love the SM pictures. I love that ride:goodvibes

The crowds were so great! I only wish it coudl have remained that way...well, at least for one particular day!! :rolleyes1

I love SM too! It has always been one of my most favorite rides and so many good childhood memories from it!

Wow.

So many things to "wow" about!! You just seem to have the best luck at MK -- so maybe you can go with us, next time? :lmao: I loved the way you described "yesterday's" meal at CHH, watching the rain come in...could just feel that. :)

And I was sitting here (at work, oops) looking at your pictures of the colorful castle, and nearly dropped my coffee -- I hadn't seen those AT ALL!! Amazing!

I would so much rather be traipsing around MK, looking for rides to ride...(sigh)...thanks for taking us along! :)

I will be glad to go along on your next trip...just tell me when and where!! :laughing: The castle was amazing. I got a great video of it. I will try to load a portion and post so you can see it. I actually had seen a You Tube video when it first premiered and knew I had to see it in person!

I am going to attempt an update--maybe short but an update all the same! I am unsure if my busy summer is coming to an end or about to explode! "Summer" is coming to an end...so hard to believe school is beginning again! Where has this summer gone?? Although I must say that we will still have the feel of summer for at least 3 more months....:sad1: Madison has been in band camp all week so soon we will be doing football...which I love and can't wait!! :banana: And soccer practice begins tonight so, again, more time at the fields for games and practice! And the oldest is about to move off for college. He has been local and is now spreading his wings (I hope :laughing:) for the junior and senior years. And next week we have our end of "summer" trip to New Orleans for the Satchmo Festival which we have made an annual event! I am looking so forward to this. Whew! I am tired just thinking about what is coming up!!!

And finally (before my "real" post) I have a question that comes from a thread on the Community Board--which I read sometimes for amusement because some people on there provide lots of entertainment! But do any of these offend?? :rolleyes1popcorn:::banana::sad2::rolleyes: I never thought of them being used in the offensive ways they are considered over there. So if they do offend...I do apologize!! :laughing:

So now on with the show................

I left off with us leaving MK and heading back to the resort but no word from Keith. Well not long into the bus ride he finally calls me. Turns out his phone battery had died due to him playing games on the plane and in the waiting area. It is now 12.55pm and he is currently……………………laying in the bed in our room!!!! What!? I can’t believe that he is not only here but at the resort! So I tell him we will be there in 5 minutes and he heads to the lobby.

We get to the lobby and I do the running to your long lost love thing, flinging my arms around him and basically embarrassing the kids….mission accomplished!! We head into Sassagoula’s for some lunch.

Now as I have stated previously, I love New Orleans. I love the atmosphere, I love the music and I love the food!!! We get in line and I decide to order a muffaletta because they are one of my favorite NOLA delicacies. The other? Beignets of course!! Plus a whole lot others but this is just one meal! So since we are on the dining plan I can get those yummy treats for dessert!! I forget what everyone else but Chris and Keith got. They both got the shrimp po-boy and brownies.

Let me say that if you have never eaten in NOLA and you do not know what REAL New Orleans cuisine tastes like, then the food was very good!! However, if you love New Orleans food and expect to go to POFQ food court and get authentic NOLA food….well, don’t plan on it! The beignets are nowhere near real beignets and the muffaletta had something very different for the olive salad. I am not even all that sure it was olive salad. I wish I had thought to take a side angle picture because that olive salad may have been made from kalamata olives because it was black.

IMG_1843.jpg

I say all of the above but I do want to make it clear that I realized I wasn’t in NOLA and thus was not really expecting the finest NOLA cuisine so I enjoyed my lunch. It was very tasty. I am only saying if you know what real NOLA food tastes like, then forget it before you eat here because you will be extremely disappointed! Oh, and the shrimp po-boy? Very yummy!! I even stole several shrimp! That is what I will go for next time!!

Now our tummies are full and we head to the room to rest for an hour or so, clean up and head back to MK. Well the hour turns into much longer!! Keith and Chris both fall asleep and after listening to snoring for 45 minutes (plus a brief nap myself) I decide to go for a walk. I head out towards the river.

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

I find a shady spot to watch the river pass by when Madison calls. They are wondering when we plan to go back and I explain the sleepers. They meet me downstairs and we take a walk over to POR.

Ahhh, I really love this resort!!!

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

It takes about 20 minutes to walk over and it is very warm so we decide to ride the boat back to POFQ. We get back at 4pm and the guys are finally up and moving. We get freshened up and head to MK. Remember The Plan was to be back at 3:30pm? Well it is now 4:45 when we head out so obviously we will not get very much accomplished!!

Coming up next...what can we get done at Magic Kingdom? And an ADR I was really excited about!

I've never realized how beautiful this resort is!

It really is beautiful! We find it so refreshing to come here after a busy day in the park. It is calm and so many shady areas. It is compact yet never has seemed crowded. I think it really has some southern charm in the middle of Disney World!! :goodvibes

I feel like I never really get enough resort time. That is the true "relaxation" portion of the vacation, isn't it? :) I just love hanging out, soaking in the atmosphere, feeling absolutely in no rush for anything. But that only happens if you plan for it -- otherwise, you'll find yourself getting pulled back into the parks because you feel like you must be doing something! :rotfl:

And I LOVE cajun food -- we just got a Copeland's here in San Antonio!!:banana::banana:

...and no, none of those offend me...? What a conversation that must have been! :laughing:

Ok, so I've read your entire TR today on the way home to Pensacola, after spending a week in San Antonio where my husband was sent for training. San Antonio was beautiful, btw, and the Riverwalk area was so charming, as were many other areas of the town. I've been laughing because I'm a planner too and think it can really help you get the most of your days at WDW. . .time seems to slip by so quickly there!!! Your pictures have been great (esp. some of the night castle shots!) We're from Pensacola so I really got what you were saying about NOLA since we spend a good bit of time there too (just stopped in Biloxi for lunch!) Can't wait to read more!! We're heading to WDW in a week and a half, so I'm enjoying your ride strategies!mo

Ok, so I've read your entire TR today on the way home to Pensacola, after spending a week in San Antonio where my husband was sent for training. San Antonio was beautiful, btw, and the Riverwalk area was so charming, as were many other areas of the town. I've been laughing because I'm a planner too and think it can really help you get the most of your days at WDW. . .time seems to slip by so quickly there!!! Your pictures have been great (esp. some of the night castle shots!) We're from Pensacola so I really got what you were saying about NOLA since we spend a good bit of time there too (just stopped in Biloxi for lunch!) Can't wait to read more!! We're heading to WDW in a week and a half, so I'm enjoying your ride strategies!mo

LOl I missed the whole month of July in updates! but the nice thing is I only missed one 1/2 days in the park:lmao::lmao:

I LOOVE your photos and your updates. I resisted ot quote as I read a long knowing how far behind I was.

I LOVE the jungle cruise, and found myself chuckling as you repeated the standard lines in your TR. how sad is that? Our last trip was really good cuz the guide would tell like 3 or 4 corny jokes about the same scene and then say "Yes, I did just make three bad jokes about elephants in water". :rotfl2:

Your night time photos of Wishes were great! and how lucky that you all avoided the deluge of rain by being in CHH for dinner! As I looked at your photos from the afternoon I thought how cool the sky looked and oh yeah rain was coming. ;)

what a great day recap - love that! and WOW di dyou all get in a lot of rides! I love when the crowds are lower than expected and you get to just move right along.

POFQ looks gorgeous, though your photos tell me why we will never stay there. DH HATES clowns and masks. all masks. I used to hav ea collection of porcelin mardi gras style masks before we got married. GONE! so I will just live through your and other's photos!

can't wait to see how your evening at MK fares with Keith along. is it fair to say that its good you all did all the rides the day before? :laughing:

I feel like I never really get enough resort time. That is the true "relaxation" portion of the vacation, isn't it? :) I just love hanging out, soaking in the atmosphere, feeling absolutely in no rush for anything. But that only happens if you plan for it -- otherwise, you'll find yourself getting pulled back into the parks because you feel like you must be doing something! :rotfl:

I wish I had added one day for a "down" day this trip. We initially thought we had to get back on Thursday then other things came up so it worked out but we found we missed not having a non-park day! That is efinitely on the list next time!

And I LOVE cajun food -- we just got a Copeland's here in San Antonio!!:banana::banana:

I love Copeland's!! We had one but it closed after Katrina. Unsure if it was the long period shut down or already in the works but I miss it! I love Mexican too so New Orleans and San Antonio are tops on my list for food!!:goodvibes

...and no, none of those offend me...? What a conversation that must have been! :laughing:

It was an intersting thread. I was reading it thinking...oh no! I use those all the time but not in the ways they were taking offense! Then I wondered if I was the only one not seeing them the same!! :confused3

I am so happy you are reading along and it helped pass the time traveling!! I love Pensacola! My sister lived there for 10 years and I miss not having the "free" room! We love going there for weekends and doing the Naval museum...so awesome! And the Blue Angels too!! I love San Antonio too but it has been 8 years since I have visited! We have said for the last few years we would make it back but still have not! I just love NOLA and I am counting down until Friday!!

I really am a planner and it drives everyone crazy but in the end they appreciate it and see how much we get done! You'll be at WDW in a week and a half?! :yay: I hope you have a great trip!!!

LOl I missed the whole month of July in updates! but the nice thing is I only missed one 1/2 days in the park:lmao::lmao:

I LOOVE your photos and your updates. I resisted ot quote as I read a long knowing how far behind I was.

I LOVE the jungle cruise, and found myself chuckling as you repeated the standard lines in your TR. how sad is that? Our last trip was really good cuz the guide would tell like 3 or 4 corny jokes about the same scene and then say "Yes, I did just make three bad jokes about elephants in water". :rotfl2:

Your night time photos of Wishes were great! and how lucky that you all avoided the deluge of rain by being in CHH for dinner! As I looked at your photos from the afternoon I thought how cool the sky looked and oh yeah rain was coming. ;)

what a great day recap - love that! and WOW di dyou all get in a lot of rides! I love when the crowds are lower than expected and you get to just move right along.

POFQ looks gorgeous, though your photos tell me why we will never stay there. DH HATES clowns and masks. all masks. I used to hav ea collection of porcelin mardi gras style masks before we got married. GONE! so I will just live through your and other's photos!

can't wait to see how your evening at MK fares with Keith along. is it fair to say that its good you all did all the rides the day before? :laughing:

LOL--I guess being being so slow paid off for you!! Time just slips by so quickly!! Our two days were so great! I too was glad we missed that downpour!

Maybe he would like POR? It doesn't have the clowns. Funny, I used to collect Mardi Gras masks and clowns too. I have managed to not have many left now. Good perception on Keith's arrival! ;)

HI! We live in Mandeville, and are taking a "no kids" trip in Feb. Would you say pick FQ or Riverside? I see the positives of both, and are confused!

Funny that Keith got to the resort before anyone even knew he was there.
Thanks for the clarification on NOLA food compared to Port Orleans. I did eat the beignets when we were there, however, I didn't try the muffeletta. I have had it at McAllister's Deli and it is quite tasty. The one at McA's uses green olives instead of black. I would love to go to New Orleans some day and try their authentic foods. :cloud9:
What is the inside scoop on the offensive emoticons???? :confused3
Cannot wait to see how the rest of MK went with Keith along.

HI! We live in Mandeville, and are taking a "no kids" trip in Feb. Would you say pick FQ or Riverside? I see the positives of both, and are confused!

Hi! I know Mandeville well! I used to live with 45 minutes from there and would go to Hammond or the Mandeville area to eat (we had no decent sit down restaurants where I lived!).

What fun! I am hoping for one of these in October 2012! They do both have many positives so I thought I would consult with Keith since he is so opinionated! :laughing: When I presented it to him he said they are both pretty much the same but he liked the quietness at POR better (not that POFQ is loud but POR seems a little more serene). I was leaning towards POR too.

I like the pool area at POR a lot better and I really like the mansions. But the renovated rooms at POFQ were very, very nice. of course they are supposed to be renovating rooms at POR...I just haven't heard much on those.

Funny that Keith got to the resort before anyone even knew he was there.
Thanks for the clarification on NOLA food compared to Port Orleans. I did eat the beignets when we were there, however, I didn't try the muffeletta. I have had it at McAllister's Deli and it is quite tasty. The one at McA's uses green olives instead of black. I would love to go to New Orleans some day and try their authentic foods. :cloud9:
What is the inside scoop on the offensive emoticons???? :confused3
Cannot wait to see how the rest of MK went with Keith along.

Ok, first...do they have McAllister's there or when you are traveling? They started here in MS but I know they have been franchising a lot! That is so funny you mentioned them because their muffelettas are a lot like the ones in NOLA! I even ate one last Thursday (free tea day at McAllister's!! :goodvibes) because I was craving one after writing my post!! :laughing: I did get to thinking...I wonder if somewhere in N.O. they sell them with blacks olives...I just have never seen them like that! NOLA is so much fun and really can be kid friendly...even in the French Quarter!

Second the emoticans: some for instance was: :rolleyes1 and :rolleyes: =sarcastic and demeaning to the OP or previous poster; :banana: = just plain annoying and obnoxious; popcorn:: waiting to instigate a huge debate, possibly resulting in the thread being locked.

I never really looked at them in those ways. Some were pretty passionate on their views, but I also wonder on that board how many state something just to stir the fire. I have wanted to make an outlandish comment from time to time to get "flamed" just for laughs...:rotfl:

I hope to get an update up real soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter