were back day 2

Anjel1310

Earning My Ears
An Early start, at breakfast for just afer 7, a day in Miami was planned.
We had looked at catching the local Amtrak train from the station just up the road but after looking in to it we found that the line did not go to the South Beach area that we wanted to visit, so we decided to drive, straight on to the I-95, it took about 45 minutes to get down to Miami, then a lovely 10 minute drive across the waters to the south beach area.

We found a car park right next to south beach,which was a pay and display, not having a lot of change we paid using our credit card, no problems about $7.00 for 5 hours.
We took a quick walk down to the beach which at 9.30 was empty,it was lovely, unfortunately we didnt see anyone famous, but it was worth the visit.
We then took a walk onto Washington Street, Miami Duck Tours office is there and we hoping to plan a 11 oclock trip.
The cost of this was about $65 as our 3 year old daughter was free, I have done a duck tour in Boston and knew how much fun they could be, for those of you who dont know about the tours, they are amphibious vechicles, so the tour is split between land and water.

The tour was fantastic, we saw the art deco areas, famous landmarks, where all the stars live on the small islands and the steps were versace was shot.
well worth the money.
After we walked round the exsulsive shopping area then back to the beach to sit down for a packed lunch.
We then drove back to the hotel, had a swim, got changed, did a spot of shopping at Toys r us then went to The cheesecake Factory for dinner.
Food and service were fantastic, lovely evening.
Unfortunately we had a tight schedle and had to go to bed early as we were hoping for a early start to our drive down to the keys.
i loved miami and Fort lauderdale and wish we could have stayed longer.:flower3:

sounds great. can you recommend a nice hotel at south beach, thinking of driving down in December. Then maybe onto the keys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter