• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're back & another thumbs up for WH

Melissa2480

Mouseketeer
We just got back on Saturday from our wonderful trip. I will be completely honest and share my experiences with you all

First checking in was super easy. Security at the gate were really friendly and helpful. They gave us a parking ticket to place on our car and also gave us directions to our home. Once we got to the house we had a lockbox code and everything went smoothly.

About the house....the owners were wonderful, the house was just....nice. We had a 3/3 townhouse with a splash pool. Nothing fancy in the house but I was expecting more since the pictures looked great. Our bedroom view was of construction work and I saw a couple of corners that were dirty, full of spiders and webs. We live in a one story house and now I know why. I kept forgetting things upstairs and having to go back up and even though our house was baby safe (a big plus there) I was constantly afraid that I would fall going down the stairs with the baby. The splash pool wasn't great for us. The water was typically cold and the kids only used it once. They always wanted to go in the big pool.

Ok so now the positives...all sheets were super clean. Having a full size fridge and microwave was super nice and the extra space especially since we went with my in-laws was nice. And let me say that I never washed so many clothes before and I loved it. :laundy: It was great having a washer and dryer in the house. We came home with no dirty clothes :thumbsup2

Now with everything said. I would definitely recommend this particular TH to others. It completely met our needs. Would I stay there again?...NO but only because I think we would prefer a "higher end" condo. Maybe I would've felt different if the house was "higher end" but I doubt it. We are more condo people :goodvibes

Now on to Windsor Hills. It is absolutely beautiful. We did not have time to check out the park or the movie theatre :guilty: boo hoo...but the pool was fabulous. So was the Sundry Shop. We bought lunch there and used their microwave to heat the stuff up when we were at the pool. Also the exercise room and game room looked nice although we did not use them. The bathrooms off the pool were really big and even had a shower. I also walked around the areas where the condos were and loved how quiet and pretty it looked. Everyone we encountered at WH was super friendly. The only person who was a little rude was the lady at the main office who gave out the proxy cards. I don't think she enjoys her job very much :sad2:

All in all we had a great time and can't wait to visit WH again....except next time we'll be in a condo. :dance3:

Now here are some pictures!

Here is me and the kids at Margarittaville in Citywalk just so you can put a face to the name!
MekidsMargarittaville.jpg

Pic of the slide ( the kids loved this)
WHpoolslide.jpg

Getting ready for bed. This was the kids bedroom on the second floor. They loved it. It was really cute.
Timeforbed.jpg

Here is the zero entry side of the pool. The baby loved playing here.
SplishSplash.jpg

0entry.jpg

Heres a pic of the kitchen looking from the living room. Don't look if you don't like big girls in 2-piece :lmao:
Readyforthepool.jpg

A pic with the condos in the background
Pool.jpg

Pic of the living room.
OurTH.jpg

The fountains for the little ones
ohohitgotme.jpg

Catchingthewater.jpg

The deepest level stated on the pool for 4'11 but I'm 5'7 and had to tiptoe thru the deepest part. Other than that one area the kids were able to touch the floor throughout the pool which was nice.
Alexinpool.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your help and finding WH. If it wasn't for the Dis boards I probably would've been stuck in a hotel!

Thanks for posting all of that. I am on my way down and it has been hard knowing who to go with. You see great reviews on tripadvisor but everyone rents from somone different so it can be hard to know exactly. Funny thing is I actually looked at that townhouse as one of my choices and I remember it because of the color of the couch and the murals on the kids walls. I decided to go with the storytime townhouse even though they didnt really have enough days. So far they have been great. And like you I am a bit picky about my furnishings even if its just a vacation! lol Showed my kids the pool and they are all excited. Thanks 4 sharing!:)

Thanks for posting the pics. We have gone back and forth about staying at WH several times and these pics are great to see from "real" people on vacation, not just what's on the WH owner's website.

Thanks for posting all the great pics! We stayed at Windsor Palms last time and are looking forward to our Windsor Hills stay in Jan. 2008. We're renting a condo (from All Star Vacation Homes - we've used them before) and I'm very excited about it.

Thanks for the great review! Looks like the kids really enjoyed the pool. I know my kids did, too, when we were at WH in March.

PS. don't apologize for your bikini. It looks great! I wish I were brave enough to put one on!

I'm so pleased to read this because we are planning on staying in a condo there next April. You have put my mind at rest.

Yvette

Your pictures are lovely. Everyone looks like they are having a nice time. My family also stayed at Windor Hills this last April and had a nice time.

I second your opinion about the woman at the main office who hands out the proxy cards. She is very sour, doesn't look like she enjoys her job at all. I was trying to ask her a question about the resort that I did not quite understand. She barely looked at me, seemed annoyed that she had to repeat herself, as I was not quite sure how the system with the cards went, and hardly tried to be friendly to a first time guest at WH. I should write the office and complain. I am glad I am not the only one who noticed.

Thanks for posting all of that. I am on my way down and it has been hard knowing who to go with. You see great reviews on tripadvisor but everyone rents from somone different so it can be hard to know exactly. Funny thing is I actually looked at that townhouse as one of my choices and I remember it because of the color of the couch and the murals on the kids walls. I decided to go with the storytime townhouse even though they didnt really have enough days. So far they have been great. And like you I am a bit picky about my furnishings even if its just a vacation! lol Showed my kids the pool and they are all excited. Thanks 4 sharing!:)

Hope you really love Storytime. There TH's look so nice and very well themed. I can guarantee that the kids will love the pool.

Great review. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pictures.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed my mini trip report lol

Thanks for posting the pics. We have gone back and forth about staying at WH several times and these pics are great to see from "real" people on vacation, not just what's on the WH owner's website.

Youknow I felt the same way when looking at the pics on site. Of course everything looks soooo perfect in the pics. How will it look when there is actually people...but I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept everything is.

Thanks for posting all the great pics! We stayed at Windsor Palms last time and are looking forward to our Windsor Hills stay in Jan. 2008. We're renting a condo (from All Star Vacation Homes - we've used them before) and I'm very excited about it.

Next time we stay at WH we definitely rent a condo. The townhouses are really nice but I think the condos would suit us better. I walked around the area where the condos are and even inside some of the buildings and they look really nice. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Thanks for the great review! Looks like the kids really enjoyed the pool. I know my kids did, too, when we were at WH in March.

PS. don't apologize for your bikini. It looks great! I wish I were brave enough to put one on!

Isn't it funny...well atleast in my case...how kids would be happy just be in the pool all day evern though Mickey and Universal Studios are right next door.:confused3

LOL Thanks...about the bikini. I figured I would only see those people at WH for a week anyway right so why not :lmao: Hopefully I didn't scar them for life!!

I'm so pleased to read this because we are planning on staying in a condo there next April. You have put my mind at rest.

Yvette

Next April....in a condo...I'm so envious. We're planning on next September for my sons B-day but planning on staying onsite for the very 1st time and hopefully free dining. I wish I was going in April though. You'll love it!

Your pictures are lovely. Everyone looks like they are having a nice time. My family also stayed at Windor Hills this last April and had a nice time.

I second your opinion about the woman at the main office who hands out the proxy cards. She is very sour, doesn't look like she enjoys her job at all. I was trying to ask her a question about the resort that I did not quite understand. She barely looked at me, seemed annoyed that she had to repeat herself, as I was not quite sure how the system with the cards went, and hardly tried to be friendly to a first time guest at WH. I should write the office and complain. I am glad I am not the only one who noticed.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed her rudeness also. I'd figure she would want to greet everyone pleasantly there also. :confused3 I'm glad she was the only one we encountered with a "tude".

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. It is so nice to put a face with a name!!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your trip and off site experience. :thumbsup2

We will be staying the Mickey's World townhouse - I think the same people own it.

I've seen some posts about some of the WH townhouse NOT having enough towels and NO face cloth towels.

How was the towel supply? Do I need to bring my own face cloth towels? What about beach towels for the kids to take to the pool?

[Are the bath towels thin or thick? (just curious about this one!)]

I don't mind bringing my own; I just need to know before we leave!

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. It is so nice to put a face with a name!!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your trip and off site experience. :thumbsup2

Thanks...we sure did have a great time.

We will be staying the Mickey's World townhouse - I think the same people own it.

I've seen some posts about some of the WH townhouse NOT having enough towels and NO face cloth towels.

How was the towel supply? Do I need to bring my own face cloth towels? What about beach towels for the kids to take to the pool?

[Are the bath towels thin or thick? (just curious about this one!)]

I don't mind bringing my own; I just need to know before we leave!

Thanks!

I don't think its the same owner and I'm guessing that each TH is different so you probably want to ask the owner but I'll tell you what we had anyway.
There were NO face towels so I would bring my own...which we did by the way. Also there were 2 nice sized and not too thin and not too thick (I like them in the middle so this worked for me) towels in each bathroom plus 2 xtra ones in the linen closet and there were 8 bigger beach/pool towels also. These were a little thicker. We definitely had enough towels and I just kept washing them anyway :laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter