We're ALL Mad Here - March (Hare) Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to BumbleB, dylans mommy, sophy199, Tasha228, and yours truly LizardQueen8 for reaching 10% of their goal and Alice Blue!

Alice was voiced by Kathryn Beaumont, who would two years later go on to voice Wendy in Peter Pan. When Walt Disney began production on Alice in Wonderland in 1949, he sought the perfect voice to play the literary ingénue. He was looking for a voice, in the words of Kathryn Beaumont, that “would be English enough to satisfy British audiences, but not so English that it would put off American audiences.” After hearing 10-year-old Kathryn’s audition, Walt chose her for the voice of Alice. She was also used as a live model for the character, as was very common with Disney animated films at the time.

1pgcDiz.jpg

A couple of people are very close to also becoming blue! Let's do it today!

Great job to everyone!!!

Not off to a good start at 0/930. We put an offer on a house on Monday - after a 16 month search - and have been over there every night this week so far because the cabinets went in and we had to sign the contract. Hopefully tonight I will get a workout in.

Congratulations to Dentam, DVCFan1994, Saphire5742 and SarahDisney for reaching 10% of their goal and Alice Blue!

Originally, Alice was to sing a song different from "In a World of My Own". It would be a slow ballad entitled "Beyond the Laughing Sky", and it was a song about Alice dreaming of a new world, a world better than her own, very much in the spirit of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. However, Kathryn Beaumont had no formal vocal training, and it was decided that starting the film off with a slow ballad would be a little risky (apparently the success of "Over the Rainbow" notwithstanding ;) ). "In a World of My Own" was deemed easier for Beaumont to sing.

When the team overall has reached
Alice Blue, I will reward us with the actual song! In the meantime, here's another live model comparison of Beaumont and Alice, acting out the tea party scene:

7002.ABR-14.jpg-500x0.jpg

But we are only 254 minutes from reaching Team Blue! We can do that by the Sunday! Maybe even sooner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter