Well what to do now???

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
I have AKL Club level booked, I had 2 queens for myself, DH and DS (age 10) and planned on my nephew joining us (he will be 12) Dec 21-Dec 26
I chose AKL Club level for 1) resort activities, 2) animals, 3) we will be spending a good amount of time at the resort (its Christmas week parks gonna be crazy) so we would take full advantage of the club level 4) get those extra 3 FP's (yes I have to pay for them)

Well I received a phone call from guest services today, to let me know they are moving me into a room with a king bed and a day bed, I told her I was going to add my nephew to the room and she let me know thats nothing she can help me with, so pretty much she was just letting me know that she was moving my room type.

So not sure what to do, we are on the bounce back offer so the free dining is included, thats a plus!
Should I change to a non club room at AKL? Should I change to a different resort to keep club and if so what resort has lots of activities ???? Should i change resorts and just forget the club level thing and if so what resort?
for someone who goes to Disney once a year I feel so lost, mainly because I dont usually go during Christmas
please help, rooms are booking up fast even though its so far away

Is there a reason you haven't put your nephew on the reservation? Will he be with you for only part of the trip?

This is my question as well.

IMHO, I would call the bounce back line and see if there is anything available at any of the other deluxes under the offer. AKL is beautiful, but, it isn't close to MK, EP or DHS and traffic is going to be quite bad that week. The rooms are also smaller than most other deluxes (other than WL) and I think the boys might find the pool boring (if it's warm enough to swim). Personally, I would see if BC/YC or BWI (or BWV or BCV) are available. We went to WDW over Christmas week a few years ago and staying at BWI saved our trip. Being able to walk to two parks and not having to rely on any transportation was priceless. The boys might prefer the pools more (especially SAB at BC/YC) and there are a ton of things to do over there - bike rentals, surrey bikes, mini-golf, entertainment on the Boardwalk in the evening. Since you have the DDP, I, personally, wouldn't be too concerned about booking CL. You will have refillable mugs and snack credits. With the money you save by not going CL, you could always just stock your mini-fridge with things you like to snack on.

Is there a reason you haven't put your nephew on the reservation? Will he be with you for only part of the trip?

I was waiting to see if my sister would have funds to help pay, I will know in 2 weeks, I probably should have put him on then removed him, never thought of that until now :(

I was waiting to see if my sister would have funds to help pay, I will know in 2 weeks, I probably should have put him on then removed him, never thought of that until now :(

That is the issue IMO. They will find a room to fit all the named occupants, but he is not on the reservation. Personally, I would have added him from the get go, but that ship has sailed, so I suggest that you call the BB line and tell them your problem. They may be empowered to help you. YOu may need Guest Services involved, but they are really good at finding solutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter