Welcome home & helpful hints!!!

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Looks like the boards are back up!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Looking forward to kicking February off with a bang!!

See you all tomorrow morning for the Daily Grind as always!!:goodvibes

I'm still learning the ropes..but if you all have any questions please let me, Buffy or Rebecca know and we will work on getting you answers if we don't have them for you!

Little helpful hints:

your subscription threads are now your "Watched Threads" (found in the little sub-section highlighted under forums)

if you want to multi-quote in a thread.. you click reply for the threads you want to quote and that will do it...

The little green photo corner on the top left of your avatar shows your online status.

They are working on avatar issues.. If yours does not show up upload a new one.. if you still have issues like mine.. be patient as the admins are trying to get it all worked out...

Search will not be working for at least 48 hours. Please be patient.. I'll let you kknow when it's up and running.

Also, tag fairy notes (under the avatar) are not reading all the way through. I just changed mine to something generic for the time being. :)

Ok, just learned a new little hint. When you click on a link if you want it to open it in a new window (tab) do the following:
On the Mac -Option key & click your link it will open a new Tab
Hold Ctrl & click your link it opens a new window (tab) on Windows

Last edited:
If you need to change the title on one of your threads..
Go to main forum section that lists all the titles in that boards..
then: there is an edit link under where it is showing the little eyeglasses or sticky pin... click it-- opens a little window below it so that you can fix the title and resave.

Testing photos:

I have a question out but I would guess we still need to use our photobucket sites for posting like we used to...

photobucket attempt using the image icon on top tool bar
DSC_0045_zps65365999.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this was just copy and pasting code into post.

this is direct file upload
goofy avatar 2.jpg

Please don't direct upload until I have an answer to my question.. I was just testing this to help with posting... especially in the virtural scrap room..

AS of 1pm, it looks like it is okay to load a direct file upload of a photo (image) from your computers. I will continue to monitor and update this if there is a change.

Last edited:

Ok, finally got my avatar to work...
Here is what I did and it worked for me...

1. go to where you see your DISname in the upper right corner; put your little cursor on it and a new little window pops open
2. click where it says "your profile page"
3. click the avatar box; it will open a window to the side
4. chose the file you want to use (I used a regular photo and I also used photos that I had resized to 200x200 pixels previously)
5. look for a little window up above that box that will say "upload saved"
6. click okay and viola there you go!

Sorry... I'm loving it... :) You can change the syles in your preferences.. but remember some forums you venture onto have their own default style (like adventure by disney).

I believe several like the darker style (in the style section)

HELP! can't get a photo to load....my photobucket account won't load any photos! how else can I upload an avatar? remember I'm computer challenged LOL

You need to save it to your computer.. as a save as (jpeg).
then upload it to the avatar section where it says choose file

Looks good Lisa!!!

Looks like we can upload images directly from our computers now... I will keep you posted if anything changes on that front...
goofy avatar.jpg I used the upload file feature

PMs are found in the inbox that is found between to your DISname and Alerts. On the upper right. If you put your cursor on it it pops up a little box that says "Conversations".. That is your PMs. To delete a PM you "leave conversation".

If you post on someone's profile page that is public for all to see. (I believe it even shows up on the main page under the profile posts you see at the right.)...

Any questions please let me know.. We are all still learning..

Also, search is still not enabled.. they are working on it. I will updated when I have more info... So, in the meantime.. many have suggested and I have personally used it myself... do the following for a search: just use your regular search engine, and put ", DISboard" after your search term.

Good Morning!

Looks like search is now up and running... You can find the link up under the forums...
it says: Marked Forums Read Search Forums Watched Forums Watched Threads New Posts

Also, if you are not getting messages in your email.. you might need to add this email address to your address book
boards@disboards.com

Last edited:
Does anyone else use the Dis app for ipad? If so is it working? Mine isn't and I'm not sure if it's just me or the new system?

Does anyone else use the Dis app for ipad? If so is it working? Mine isn't and I'm not sure if it's just me or the new system?

Chae -- it no longer works.. It's not needed..
I don't have an iPad but it's my understanding like on your phone you just type it in like if you were on your computer and it works..

Go ahead and delete the old app..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!