Weird Disney Quirks?

MK has to be my first park and It's a Small World has to be my first ride. It just always puts me in the mood. My last park has to be HS and the last thing I do is Fantasmic. I leave the park in tears of happiness and exhaustion!

• First thing in MK - stop in Castle Couture and get pixie-dusted.
  • Get a ice cream cone from Plaza (the kid's ice cream cone, with the little chocolate Mickey ears) and eat it during the afternoon parade.
  • Eat at Sci-Fi at least once during every trip.
  • Spend half a day or so hotel-hopping, hitting all the monorail resorts and then walking the loop to see Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk. This is especially great during Christmas!
  • Stop in the caramel shop in Germany and get something every time we walk by it, can't resist!
  • Go to Chefs de France and get the Mac and cheese.

I usually work half a day and meet my family at the hotel on arrival day of a trip. ( I love leaving work early almost more than I like taking a full day off, there's no gloating when you're at home all morning) after leaving the office on my way to the interstate, I stop at chik-fail-a. I gave up fast food years ago, but when I am on my way to Disney, I get my chick-fil-a. It's not even a quirk, one year I didn't stop, and it rained ALL weekend. I do it for the good of the trip.

We have to start at MK, like a lot of folks.

As soon as we enter, it's right up the stairs to the train platform to just stand there, look at the castle and soak in the ambience (as well as get emotional but we won't go there right now). Then, when we've had our fill of looking down Main Street and enjoying the sights and sounds, its off to visit my pal Mickey and some of his closest buds at Mickey's Philharmagic.

Then off to the TTA.

After that, game on!

I ALWAYS have to eat Casey's and it has to be during night time. It was my great grandma's favorite place to eat there. And do the People Mover a couple of times. That was our favorite ride together.

-Have lunch at Cosmic Rays. For some reason, we always stopped here for a quick bite when I was a kid

-Ride Soarin....no matter the wait. My dad's favorite ride

Did you write those for me?

Every year, my group has to do certain things before, during, and after EVERY trip.

Before

Watch Lightship Disney videos

Watch Modern Marvels WDW

Plan Fastpass+ at 8:00 60 days before the trip (and get my mom upset "Vacations are for spontaneity!")

Read the most recent WDW Unofficial Guide

wdwmagic.com

During

Find Hidden Mickeys!

Talk to CMs

Eat at the Wave

Ride the monorail

Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion

After

Write on the DISboards!

Plan the next trip!

Did you write those for me?

Every year, my group has to do certain things before, during, and after EVERY trip.

Before

Watch Lightship Disney videos

Watch Modern Marvels WDW

Plan Fastpass+ at 8:00 60 days before the trip (and get my mom upset "Vacations are for spontaneity!")

Read the most recent WDW Unofficial Guide

wdwmagic.com

During

Find Hidden Mickeys!

Talk to CMs

Eat at the Wave

Ride the monorail

Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion

After

Write on the DISboards!

Plan the next trip!

Thats awesome that The Wave is in your HAVE to do plans like mine. Never heard anyone else rave about that restaurant before like me. I LOVE visiting the CR (but never stayed there) and have to make numerous trips there to shop and eat. I miss Concourse Steakhouse that used to be on the 'main level' so we defaulted to The Wave as our dining option at CR.

Each time we go
-we get a dated Mickey head ornament.
-Ride people mover very late at night
-plan one shopping day at DTD (aka DS)
-look for hidden Mickeys
-Do a early morning swim/chill out day
-Read Disboard!

most of all we just have fun!

I have to unpack and get settled as soon as we get to the room. Last year due to flight issues we didn't get to our room until 2:30am. Yes, I still unpacked. :D Magic Kingdom is always our first park!:earsboy:

During the pre-trip week:
Listen to Be Our Guest really, really LOUD while singing along
Buy new socks - (note: not the time to try a new brand or type)

Arrival:
Go directly to Wal_Mart (we used to go to Publix)
Unpack and put away everything
Dinner at Cape May Cafe

Balloon question:
What happens when you get to the airport with balloons? Do they let you bring them on the plane?
I love balloons and buy them for my family members when it's their birthdays.
I've never bought one at Disney because I knew I couldn't take it home.
But I guess just having it bounce around the room would be fun. But I know I would be sad leaving it behind.
I tend to like to get a plushy. But usually buy it at home and just pack it.
Although I've been considering getting a bigger one this next trip. Wonder if that counts as my "person item" if I can't fit it in my carry on.
LOL Was considering a Duffy since DH is leaving a couple days before me.

Thought of a couple more must do:
Rice Crispy Hidden Mickey on a stick
piece of jewelry. Even if the inexpensive stuff. My twin hidden mickey ring is a favorite. As well as my silver castle Alex and Ani.
DH usually buys a polo shirt with Mickey on it or a Hawaiian shirt.

On our last trip I gave our balloons away to a brother and sister who were just arriving to the resort. I was glad to do it.

Run around like kids with my sister and take tons of pictures with photo pass while the kids and hubbies are back at the resort sleeping in.

On our last trip I gave our balloons away to a brother and sister who were just arriving to the resort. I was glad to do it.

I'm the same way. Even though I'm beyond psyched to be there, I have to unpack first and turn on the Disney World channel for a few minutes before I head out. I soak in those moments of first getting to the DW because I know I'll miss that feeling when I depart.

Taking me and my son's picture on the People Mover. I used to do it with my mother and I continued it with my child.

We have one- avoid MK on a Saturday, because so many folks HAVE to go to MK on their first full day.

Most the things I used to buy are no longer sold at WDW. The last to go was the rectangular rice crispy treats from the Confectionary.
We also used to stop by the Bakery for late night Nestle Tollhouse Cookies. I think it is great WDW sells Starbucks' coffee, but it bites they took away the yummy bakery items.

Otherwise, one of my favorite things is to enter MK when the masses are leaving.

MK on the first day, always by ferry. Eat Lunch at Harbour House at least once (I always have chicken and fish with a chocolate milk!).
M&M rice crispy treat at least once, along with a mickey bar.

Love this thread.

I always play mini golf atleast once and usually walk from there to Hollywood studios or Epcot (which is kind of quirky I guess)

Mini Mickey waffles, as many mornings as possible

And this isn't an at Disney quirk, but thinking of dads, my dad would always say, "if we win the Lottery the first thing we are going to do is stay at the Grand Floridian," in a very adorable excited voice. I hope one day I can take him there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter