Weight Watchers

Have you considered slimfasts plan?
It is a shake for breakfast, one for lunch with a snack after each. then a healthy meal at dinner limited to 500 calories. I use myfitnesspal dot com to track everything. I generally have a salad instead of the shake for lunch and sometimes a weight watchers for dinner with my own added veggies.
I pay $5 for a 6 pack of the shakes (choc is delic) I also buy their snack bars, they are also good and run me 3.25 a box, get it all at walmart.
I have been successful and am satisfied with it. I also walk or treadmill 7 days a week (1 hour @ 3.5) and do lite weights for my arms about 5 days a week.
I have tried a really long time to get some weight off and this plan in combo with all the workouts is Finally working! :cheer2:
Good Luck!

Another cheer here for WW and going to the meetings and doing it with a friend. Portion control, mindset and lifestyle changes is what its all about. I lost 32 pounds in just under 6 months, did my 6 weeks maintenance and became Lifetime at the end of April. I'm tall and active so I always got more points (started at 26, finished at 23 and now get 25 for maintenance) plus you do have the 35 allowance and addition of activity points. My friend, on the other hand, is short but active and was down to 19 points and we both survived without hunger. She's in her 6 week maintenance and her total loss was roughly 11 pounds. We both look, feel and act vastly different than we did 8 months ago. We love the meetings for the ideas, the motivation and for being taught that we need put ourselves first sometimes in order to leave the house for our daily walk/runs, for our meetings and even to put the e-tools monthly cost into our budgets (now that I'm Lifetime, no more monthly meeting costs - just e-tools if you choose to keep it.) Work, kids, family will survive and you deserve this time to yourself.

I have always been a healthy eater, love to drink water and enjoy working out. WW just put it all together with the right combination. You sound to be the same. Do it - you will not regret it! I did it to feel better about myself and not so tight jeans. I ended up 3 sizes smaller, feeling fantastic, an I know I'm healthier in body and spirit. :)

Another cheer for WW here!!! I lost 50 lbs in about 9 months....couldn't have done it without the meetings. I have kept it off now almost 3 years...it is still a struggle at times, but it really is a lifestyle change. I know I simply cannot eat the way I used to! I also work out and walk 3-5 days a week..I don't feel right unless I do. I weigh in at WW once a month to keep my Lifetime membership up and it keeps me honest! Just wish I had done it a lot sooner...waited until I was 45 years old to get my act together!!! Good luck and a big :thumbsup2 for WW!!!

I just joined WW on Mon. and I am already seeing a difference! I have lost 3lbs. so far. I figured a lot would come off in the beginning and then it would slow down.

One thing I noticed is that I am getting full more quickly than before. Yesterday I could only eat 1/2 of my sandwich - turkey, lettuce, tomtato on a hollowed out multigrain baguette (med. size). I get 21 points a week plus the spare points, which I have not yet used. I am trying to lose 20lbs. that I packed on over the past year just eating whatever I wanted.

If nothing else, it makes you think about everything you put into your mouth. I use my calories more wisely now.

Another WW fan. I've lost 122 pounds since June 1, 2009, following Weight Watchers Online and working out at Curves. The small amount of money it costs is a tiny price to pay for having my life back.

A year ago, I had to sit on a bench every few minutes at Disney World. This October, I'm running a 5K in the Magic Kingdom. That's why Weight Watchers is worth whatever the cost!

Have you bought the "Eat This, Not That" books? They are fabulous and have changed our lives greatly. I've lost 15 pounts and DW is over 20 now just by following the suggestions in their books for replacing bad things or some things that seem good with truly healthier options that still taste good and are filling (more filling than unhealthy a lot of times because the serving sizes can often be larger on the healhty foods).

Another WW fan. I've lost 122 pounds since June 1, 2009, following Weight Watchers Online and working out at Curves. The small amount of money it costs is a tiny price to pay for having my life back.

A year ago, I had to sit on a bench every few minutes at Disney World. This October, I'm running a 5K in the Magic Kingdom. That's why Weight Watchers is worth whatever the cost!

Congratulations! What a great success!!!! :cheer2:

I just lost 30 lbs following the WW program. I went to the first few meetings and decided that it was something that I could do on my own. I didn't enjoy going to the meetings at all. I weigh myself and track my points, plus there is so much on the web that I just didn't feel like I needed the weekly meetings or weigh-in. Plus, I hated paying $15/week. I just had to wrap my mind around the fact that I was going to be accountable to myself rather than someone else.

I can say this because I have lost 75 pounds in the last 13 months by following WW. To me, it is worth every dollar I have spent for the improvement in my health.

The bolded is exactly right.

When DH and I were going to WW together (I hit a year long plateau while nursing and stupidly gave up, and have gained it all back plus more, but haven't had the guts to rejoin, and DH did it for two more years before realizing that his problem was a pituitary tumor...he's now doing sparkpeople's program until the pituitary problem is done), there was a new Lifetime member. Her dad was also a Lifetime member. The Leader asked her for some words of inspiration about the cost of the program.

She paraphrased her dad, who had said that the cost to lose the weight he had lost was high. However, if someone had come to him while he was still heavy and said "how much would you pay today to get this weight GONE?", the number would have been much much higher than what he actually had spent with WW.

That has stuck with me because it's so true.

WW is great. Someday I will go back and I'll stick to it and become a Lifetime member (once you're at your goal for a certain period of time, as long as you weigh in every certain number of weeks and stay within a certain range of your goal, it's FREE), and it will be good.

I did the slimfast stuff before...worked well. In the SHORT run. But when you start eating real food, you've learned nothing from the slimfast, even if you do the program as well. WW works very very well.

Another ww fan here!
I started 6 weeks ago and have lost 15 pounds so far. I have not started exercising yet so this loss is just from counting points. I have about 50 pounds more to go but I actually feel that I can do it with this plan. It allows for ice cream with the kids or popcorn at the movies--just not often! I usually save my extra 35 points for those indulgences once or twice a week.

One suggestion if you don't want to pay for WW - a large group of people at my work have started a "Biggest Loser" type competition. Most everyone has lost a good amount of weight. They use the biggest loser website for tips, etc and then one person is the record keepter and he sends out a weekly scoreboard via e-mail of % lost. No one posts their weight at all, just pounds and percentage lost. This has motivated a lot of people who do better when they have a "challenge".

Good luck. Losing weight is hard. I am 30lbs lighter than my heaviest and have managed to keep it off for over 7 years. Unfortunately keeping it off is a constant battle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter