weight limit for Aqua Duct ??

:thumbsup2 200 lbs. or the " TRAP " door over the ocean opens. :laughing: :lmao::lmao: :rotfl2:.............Forgive me , I just had to say that. HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE.

LMAO!

My husband said he's worried that he'll end up stuck like Pooh bear halway through the window :scared1:

Don't forget that the weight of the riders/raft is only one very small part of the weight that the ride will be supporting. The amount of water (a very heavy liquid) will be substantially higher.

The biggest weight requirement will likely be what the raft can sustain before popping or leaking air. I think the tube can probably hold thousands of pounds of water + a few heavy people.

I think the real question, after diameter of the tube, is diameter of the seat of the innertube. One would have to sit there comfortably in order to ride without risk of falling off.

Other than that, there should be no serious weight issues with riders. The raft can probably hold, at the very least, 450 lbs at capacity. Most people who have a hip circumference of 150 inches would not even think of riding a ride like this.

I do not have a concern about the tube diameter, I do not have a concern about popping the tube, I do not have a concern about fitting on the tube. My concern is will there be enough force to push my large mass up the hills or will I get stuck at the bottom of the hills and receive an AquaDuck Colonic!:scared1:

I do not have a concern about the tube diameter, I do not have a concern about popping the tube, I do not have a concern about fitting on the tube. My concern is will there be enough force to push my large mass up the hills or will I get stuck at the bottom of the hills and receive an AquaDuck Colonic!:scared1:

I needed that laugh. Thank you.

Let's resurrect this older thread since she's sailed plenty now - any answers? What's it like in comparison to the crush'n gusher at typhoon lagoon?

Well, people definitely have gotten stuck, a guy in front of my mom did. They said he tipped his boat somehow. This is obviously common enough because there is a sign at the top telling you what to do if you get stuck (wait for a CM).

While I don't like putting my weight out there, I know this type of information would have put me at ease had I known before our cruise...

So I'm 5'4" and my husband is 5'10"...combined, we weigh 600 lbs. (ugh, sucks to type that out)...anyhow, we rode the Aquaduck together and loved it! I screamed with glee and laughed hysterically the entire ride - which was over too quickly.

Have fun, folks!

(also, I did see thin adults riding with their young kids, maybe a total combined weight of about 230...hope that helps those of you wondering about weight minimums)

Picture32722.jpg

well, people definitely have gotten stuck, a guy in front of my mom did. They said he tipped his boat somehow. This is obviously common enough because there is a sign at the top telling you what to do if you get stuck (wait for a cm).

my wife and i were in line behind 2 men who were larger, they rode single. The first guy sat too far back im assuming. I watched as he made the first loop. He was already to highh on the turn. By the time he hit that first drop he flipped. They had to shut the water off and climb one of the ladders and get him to crawl out. Just so you know it takes around 20 minutes for the water to get back to the top to start the ride going again.

I think the weight issues on the Aqua Duck are related to too little weight rather than too much. If the raft is too light it may get stuck.

I think the weight issues on the Aqua Duck are related to too little weight rather than too much. If the raft is too light it may get stuck.

I agree. :thumbsup2

In fact, I think the height restriction is set in part due to weight concerns and trying to ensure that not only is there enough height for safety concerns, but enough weight on the raft to keep it moving forward.

my wife and i were in line behind 2 men who were larger, they rode single. The first guy sat too far back im assuming. I watched as he made the first loop. He was already to highh on the turn. By the time he hit that first drop he flipped. They had to shut the water off and climb one of the ladders and get him to crawl out. Just so you know it takes around 20 minutes for the water to get back to the top to start the ride going again.

This makes me think he was sitting in the back "hole" if he was sitting too far back.
So if riding single, should you ride in the first "hole" or the back "hole"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter