Weekday visit - Is everything open?

riversend22

Mouseketeer
Hey all! Planning on visiting SeaWorld and Aquatica most likely in the first and second week of June. We'd like to go to each on a weekday to avoid some of the crowds, but I know because of Covid, some of the park/rides aren't open during the week (or at least it wasn't last year).

Does anyone know if the park is now operating with everything open during the week? What weekday would be the best to visit in order to have all things open?

Thanks for the help!

I was at SeaWorld last Monday. Most of the park opened at 1000, but the side with Sesame Street, the Orca stadium, etc. didn’t open until 1100. I hadn’t been there in awhile, and there was a big music festival the night before which may have affected things. There was no Pets Ahoy show. The ride leading to the penguins was not operating, but you still go through the pre-show to see them. The simulator ride to the belugas and other arctic animals was also not operating—you enter and exit through the gift shop. It did look like the simulator queuing area had been part of the music festival, so maybe that was temporary. I think everything else was open.

I was at SeaWorld last Monday. Most of the park opened at 1000, but the side with Sesame Street, the Orca stadium, etc. didn’t open until 1100. I hadn’t been there in awhile, and there was a big music festival the night before which may have affected things. There was no Pets Ahoy show. The ride leading to the penguins was not operating, but you still go through the pre-show to see them. The simulator ride to the belugas and other arctic animals was also not operating—you enter and exit through the gift shop. It did look like the simulator queuing area had been part of the music festival, so maybe that was temporary. I think everything else was open.

Pets Ahoy closed in March 2020 (the company went bankrupt). As for Wild Arctic and Antarctica, both have also been down since March 2020 (Wild Arctic even longer). Rumor has it they are closed for good

It's less about what day and more about what time; certain things open late at Sea World now (10-11am) and some things are permanently closed (Wild Artic, Penguin RIDE, etc). There's not much to do anymore, IMO. No reason to go for rope drop!

We’re passholders this year and have noticed that many things are slow to open on slower park days. I can’t offer a solution, because busy days are just that - busy. But there is little reward for visiting on a slow day because attractions are often delayed or closed with little rhyme or reason. The app does not offer any idea when the attraction will open, so we’ve never been able to figure out if openings are delayed due to mechanical reasons, etc. The app is pretty useless, actually.

If things aren't open what is there to do for a 6 year old? I took my kids in 2014 and it was a blast so now want to take my granddaughter. She isn't tall enough for the major coasters which is just fine with me

If things aren't open what is there to do for a 6 year old? I took my kids in 2014 and it was a blast so now want to take my granddaughter. She isn't tall enough for the major coasters which is just fine with me
Hi! My kids are a bit younger than your 6 year old, but when we went in 2020 they had a great time. Sesame Street land has lots of cute little rides to entertain the littles. They also have an awesome splash pad. My kids played in that for probably 3 hours haha. If some of the small rides aren't operating, there are tons of animal interactions that I think your 6 year old would love. The penguin exhibit is really cute, I love the sea lion area, and the interactive sections with manta rays and sharks are really cool too. Plus there is an aquarium area which kids always love. I'd also highly recommend if your child is tall enough to ride Infinity Falls. It's actually a super fun water ride! I'd also give a big thumbs up to Seaworld's shows. The dolphin and orca shows are always fun to watch so I have no doubt that you would have lots to do with your kiddo. Have fun!

Hi! My kids are a bit younger than your 6 year old, but when we went in 2020 they had a great time. Sesame Street land has lots of cute little rides to entertain the littles. They also have an awesome splash pad. My kids played in that for probably 3 hours haha. If some of the small rides aren't operating, there are tons of animal interactions that I think your 6 year old would love. The penguin exhibit is really cute, I love the sea lion area, and the interactive sections with manta rays and sharks are really cool too. Plus there is an aquarium area which kids always love. I'd also highly recommend if your child is tall enough to ride Infinity Falls. It's actually a super fun water ride! I'd also give a big thumbs up to Seaworld's shows. The dolphin and orca shows are always fun to watch so I have no doubt that you would have lots to do with your kiddo. Have fun!
Thanks so much! We can't wait. She will be so excited. I just realized she isn't tall enough for the major rides which is just fine for me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter