Week of Aug 28 - 2006 Half-Full Marathon Info/Training Thread

I'm new to this thread but I'm planning to do the Goofy challenge in January. I'm a racewalker who is working on my second marathon - the first was Dublin Ireland last year. I'm training for the Marine corps Marathon next month. I'm not too sure about my training schedule after the MCM but I'll need to add some back to back distance days to be ready for Goofy.

I'm a 56 year old reformed coach potato...never exercised or participated in any sport til 3 years ago. I started walking to help lose weight with weight watchers, and started racewalking so I could go faster and earn more WW activity points in less time. I can't run because I've arthritis in both knees, but I racewalk 12 minute miles for 10 miles or less, and about 13:30 for the greater than 20 mile days.

nice meeting you all
kath

Hi, everyone!
Welcome, Kath! So glad you found your way here! I am really impressed with how you've changed your life in the past few years. That is really an inspiration!

Just wanted to report in on the 5K this past Saturday. My time was 47:24 which is 2 minutes and 23 seconds faster than my last one on 7/23. And it was almost 3 minutes faster than this same course on 7/4 -- still no where near the big dogs, but as long as I am improving, I am happy. I think my pace was 15:18. I was very excited when I saw the clock and dragged my sorry butt into a jog for a final "sprint" :rotfl: to be better by more than 2 minutes.

DD, who turned 17 that day, did 55:55 for her first ever 5K and I think it wasn't too horrible an experience ;) , so I may be able to talk her into doing the one on 9/18. I was very proud of her for being so courageous!

Here is a picture of the four of us pre-race:Cam's fam

Good work Cammie, you're really seeing improvement. Keep it up for 4 months and 2 days and you'll get that medal.

Craig

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!