Wee bit random but...

scotlass

<b><font color=red>Proud Redhead</b><br><font colo
I felt a cold coming on today and as we fly on friday :yay: I went to get cold stuff at Boots.

I was buying vicks first defence nasal spray and in my pre - Florida excitement told the pharmacist why....she was not the last I bored today but I digress.

She said if she sees people buying for a holiday she always recommends they take vicks spray and use it every few hours on the flight to stave of any unwanted germs.

Probly old news to youse guys but i thought I would share.

I think its a great tip.

I always take a nasal spray when I fly. Not because of the germs but because I get 'stuffy' almost as soon as we take off which always leads to a headache.

Thats good to know thanks! My Dh will be thrilled when he sees me add yet another item from Boots to our travel medicine bag (which is now bigger than our suitcase!!).

If you are more like me and tend to be quite succeptible in the throat area, I discovered echinechea throat spray a few months ago and I absolutely swear by it. I used to get bad throats every few weeks, and never survived a flight without one. Since starting with this in April i havent had one sore throat!!

Good tip :thumbsup2 Another tip I've been told is to put Vaseline just inside your nostrils to help stop you breathing in germs.

I always take a nasal spray when I fly. Not because of the germs but because I get 'stuffy' almost as soon as we take off which always leads to a headache.
Same here.

Can I ask - does the Vicks' First Defence have the menthol smell? Sadly I heave as soon as I smell anything remotely menthol like, so probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to take it if it does smell of the dreaded . . . hope it doesn't;)

As long as it is no more than 100ml and is in one of the clear resealable bags then you will be fine.

Same here.

Can I ask - does the Vicks' First Defence have the menthol smell? Sadly I heave as soon as I smell anything remotely menthol like, so probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to take it if it does smell of the dreaded . . . hope it doesn't;)

I think all Vicks has that smell. I'm also not a fan - makes me a bit queasy too (I'm just another story when it comes to smells.....family just ignores me about it now). Maybe if we stuff enough of the Vaseline into our nostrils first, we won't smell it. Then we can keep the germ out and kill them all at once.

I think the Vicks is a great tip though - there must be other brands or generic nasal sprays that don't smell the same.

Thats good to know thanks! My Dh will be thrilled when he sees me add yet another item from Boots to our travel medicine bag (which is now bigger than our suitcase!!).
QUOTE]

I laughed at this! I thought I had been prepared on our september trip - we took Aftersun, Athletes foot cream (wearing trainers everyday always gives me trouble), paracetamol, Ibuprofen, insect bite cream, olbas oil, plasters - I thought I was covered....

Only to get a really sore throat & chesty cough and my daughter got toothache - I ended up having to buy a bonjela type gel but it was clove flavoured (very good though) and a large bottle of throast medicine.

I tried hard to be organised - but there is always something that crops up!

I think all Vicks has that smell. I'm also not a fan - makes me a bit queasy too (I'm just another story when it comes to smells.....family just ignores me about it now). Maybe if we stuff enough of the Vaseline into our nostrils first, we won't smell it. Then we can keep the germ out and kill them all at once.
:thumbsup2 Great idea, I wouldn't think anything would get thru that lot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter