• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~Wearing Sunhats around the Parks~

What type do you wear?

• Cotton or other material

• Straw

• Baseball Cap

• Visor

• Safari (Indiana Jones/Jungle Style)

• Novelty/Disney Character

• Other style

• Do not wear one

Results are only viewable after voting.

~*Belle 2003*~

<font color=navy>I used to be indecisive, but now
Do you wear one or not bother? :sunny:

I used to wear a straw hat but it was far too cumbersome to carry around the parks, especially getting on/off the all rides.

I now have a Disney cotton hat that scrunches up into a pocket or bag when not in use, which is much better. :)

I don't wear one. I look like an absolute dork in hats. I look super dorkey with my hair up too, but I do that because it's just too hot and humid for me to have any sort of decent hair style while in Disney.

My mother wears either a visor or a straw hat. She looks adorable in hats, even at her age. She's one of those women, who when younger, wore all sorts of hats. Big straw hats with long, flowing chiffon bows, straw caps or little pill box hats with netting. She's a cutie. :) She wears a hat to sort of shield the sun from her face. She has an allergy to the sun that makes her skin very red and itchy. She looking forward to buying a hat on Main Street in the MK for our next trip. :)

I don't wear one, but I really should because I'm very fair skinned and burn easily. I've decided that I'm going to start wearing hats this summer because I want Jacob to do it, and we might as well all do it. I like the cotton ones with a rim that goes all the way around for sun protection. I also have a straw scrunchy hat that I wear when I'm not going to be outside all day.

hat

My straw garden hat....:D

DH bought a hat in Animal Kingdom which is kind of a safari cowboy hat.......and it doubles as his pin collection! He wears his pins on the hat and gets lot's of positive comments from folks!

Plus, it keeps that bald spot from getting red!

I wear a baseball cap (mickey, of course) or a floppy hat. I wear hats because my hair is naturally curly, I dry it straight...but if I sweat or it gets wet, it's a big ball of frizz...don't want pictures looking like that! LOL!! I December, I actually didn't wear a hat b/c it was cool...we rode Splash Mt and my hair got wet...bought a hat. :)

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
DH bought a hat in Animal Kingdom which is kind of a safari cowboy hat.......and it doubles as his pin collection! He wears his pins on the hat and gets lot's of positive comments from folks!

My DH does the same thing with a Disney baseball style hat. He also gets lots of comments. Although, it's getting to be a bit heavy. And, when we were there in Decmeber and he put DS2 up on his shoulders, the pins start jabbing into his head! It does has it's drawbacks, I suppose. lol

The kids both wear hats a lot of the time. I never have. They just don't work for me.

Nice picture Heather! :)

I used to have one similar to that but for some reason it stretched and the brim just used to flop on my head - I loved that hat and I still haven't thrown it away!

I always walk around WDW with a hat on.

Beige baseball hat, picture of Mickey that says Big Cheese!

I always wear a hat at the parks, at least during the day. I don't need to encourage cancer any more than is natural. Also, keeps that hairless area of my head, (most of it) from getting burnt. Most of the nights I do not. It is a cotton, bucket style, rim all around, protects my ears and neck too.

protects some of the sun from hitting me.......and also because of the cement walking areas.....the sun bounces back and gets me even with my glasses/sunglasses.....so the visor type hat makes it so the sun doesn't make me squint

Boots is not a hat person. DH and DS wear caps.

I had 2 surgeries for melanoma skin cancer on my neck 6 years ago. I always wear at least a 3" broad brimmed straw hat at Disney. I probably look like Dan Murphy walkin around there.:)

When people ask me about the scars and dents in my neck, I tell them I got them fighting pirates.;)

I like to wear a sun hat - it protects my bald patch :rolleyes: from the sun.

I started wearing a hat a few years ago with a straw Panama syle hat, but got really fed up with having to carry it when not wearing it. To remedy this a bought a nice cloth sun hat in Adventureland in June 2000 and have used it ever since. Its perfect, because I can just push it into a bag (or even a pocket) and its completely washable too. :)

So I'm one of the 'Happy Hat Folk' :jester:

I'm a visor person. I mostly need it to shade my eyes and it keeps my hair from falling in my face. They have some cute Disney ones that I wear. If I"m not in the mood to wear it, it can easily be shoved into my belt for my waist pack and carried that way.

denise

I just starting wearing ball caps this past fall. I put my hair in a ponytail, pull it through the back of the hat and then I don't have to worry about my hair. I just hope they aren't too hot in WDW in July. I have started collecting different ones and putting my pins on them.
=0)

We bought me a really neat Indiana Jones style -- great for Animal Kingdom and the rest of the parks -- also for displaying my pins -- for the convertible though, I use one of my Hooters hats:)

I like to wear visors. I found one at the Animal Kingdom last year that was made out of foam with the stretchable, curly shoelace that went around my head to help keep it on. It's so lightweight and easy to carry when I'm not using it.

Now I wonder where I've put it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter