We Wish You a Mickey Christmas... A Dec. '14 TR! Updated 8/24

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
Hi friends! It’s time for another Missyrose and Pixel Dust trip report! This one is sprinkled with some pretty merry pixie dust -- it’s our first trip to Disney during the oh-so-festive holiday season!

DSC_2926-L.jpg

And we had some very special people join us for this jaunt. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves, let’s start with our own introductions first (for those who may not know us, or anyone who just plain forgot who we are).

DSC_2984-L.jpg

That’s me on the left. I’m Missy, the 32-year-old Disney-aholic.

To fund my Disney habit, I work as an editor in the sports department of a newspaper in Washington D.C. I love all things sports, pop culture and, of course, The Mouse. My favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse. My favorite Walt Disney World ride is Big Thunder Mountain. And my favorite Disney snack? Casey’s corndog nuggets.

My partner in crime (and my loving husband!) is Franklin, a.k.a. Pixel Dust here on the Dis.

He is also 32 and works for an architecture firm to pay the Disney bills. His passions are cars (both the lower-cased cars and the movie “Cars”) and photography. Guido from “Cars” is his favorite Disney character. And he could ride Expedition Everest all day, if given the chance.

Like I said, Franklin and I weren’t the only people on this trip. And they might be faces you remember if you’ve read our past trip reports (this March 2012 TR, in particular).

First up is Vagnola, Franklin’s sister, and her husband, Keith.

DSC_6072-L.jpg

Vagnola (whom we call Lala) has a serious thing for The Mouse, especially Sorcerer Mickey, so it comes as no surprise that her favorite Disney movie is “Fantasia” and her favorite Disney food is the classic Mickey bar. Her favorite parks ride is a little more out of this world: Space Mountain.

Keith, on the other hand, has a pretty deep cut as his favorite Disney movie: “The Black Hole.” His favorite character is Grumpy and his favorite Disney food is the steak from Be Our Guest. He shares Franklin’s affinity for cars (both the lower-cased and upper-cased), so it should come as no shock that his favorite ride is Test Track.

And now, my friends, we come to the star of our show:

DSC_1740-L.jpg

Tanner is our adorable-beyond-words nephew. We last brought him to Disney World for his first birthday. This time, he was 40 inches and ready to ride! He’s going through a serious “Big Hero 6” phase, loving all things Baymax. When he wants a sweet snack, it’s a Mickey bar. But you can often find him munching on Disney popcorn while tooling through the parks in his stroller. And, in a bit of a surprise to us all, this little speed demon’s favorite ride turned out to be the monorail! He couldn’t get enough of ‘em: spotting them, naming the colors and riding the loops over and over again!

Now that you know the who, let’s give you the rest of the trip data:

When: December 6-14

DSC_0101-L.jpg

Where: Boardwalk Villas and Universal’s Hard Rock Hotel

Why: Because Christmas at Disney! The decorations, the foods, the music, it is time to share with you one of the most magical times of year at the parks!

And like all of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW!

I'm here! And I can't believe you guys had never been during the holidays, how fun! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Joining! Can't wait to read all about (and see all the photos) of the holiday festivities!

Woohoo a new Missy and Franklin TR and I'm finished work for Christmas so lots of time hopefully to read it-can't wait to hear all about it!!

I'm here! Hard to believe with all the trips under your belt this was your first trip at Christmas! Absolutely one of my favorite times to visit. I can't wait to read about all the new adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter